IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

I am never leaving home again.

Can you guys please stop doing all the really fun and cool stuff when I'm away?

Damn you all! I may be at the bottom of the waiting list, but at least I am on the waiting list... but I am not a patient man.

Rest easy, more circuit boards are arriving from China next week. ;)

I got mine yesterday and tried it on my 6 switch. The title screen loads and when I press the button I can see the first screen for about 2 seconds and then the title screen come back up. This repeats to no end. All other games seem to work. Any suggestions?

I've sent you a PM so we can get you a properly working cart.

Take care,

..Al

Here are the two label variations. The black one is from CGE, the gray one is the one available here. New school and retro - both equally awesome. :D The more I look at them though, the more I am preferring the art on the gray label. I really like how you can see the Halo in the sky.

I prefer the gray label cart as well, looks more like a traditional Atari game. Hopefully I'll be able to give my copy a try tonight.

My Halo 2600 arived yesterday, it works great, and it's a blast to play. I love it!

BTW, I know that the original run of carts was 500, but how many of the second run will there be? I'm just curious how many there will be total on planet earth. As a collector I like to know how rare a piece of my collection is and I intent to keep Halo 2600 in my collection forever.

Edited by kain_kusanagi

BTW, I know that the original run of carts was 500

The original run was 130.

Thanks for the correction. I got that number from an article so who knows where they got that from.

Ok, so there were 130 of the black label. So how many are in the "grey" label run?

It's kind of a secret forum only release since it's not in the store and very few people are aware of it. It would be interesting to see if there are less grey labels than black when the second run is finished and no more Halo 2600 copies will ever be made.

Any updates on the PAL version? :)

The PAL version has been completed, and I plan on making PAL carts available in early September. If you'd like a PAL version, please send email to sales@atariage.com so I can add you to the PAL waiting list.

Thanks,

..Al

Sweet...

I'm assuming I'm already on the list Al?

I fired it up last night. Works great. Still haven't made it to the boss.

{spoiler alert} Looks like you can use a bug to get to the boss right away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4b3aMDu98

This bug is freaking GREAT!!! I've been playing around with it for about 90 minutes. Here's something really cool to try. Hyper-warp to the boss, like the video shows, but don't shoot him. Instead, make your way to the top of the screen and walk through the top wall. You wind up on a screen, but the enemies cannot shoot you because you're actually up above the screen. You can move left an right to advance through all screens. If you hold 'up' you'll move to the bottom of the screen, still hidden. At any point you can re-enter the screen if you're at the top and there is not top wall, or if you're on the bottom and there is no bottom wall. I won't say any more, but check it out. Tons of fun!

I'm not sure if this faux wall is there when you reach the boss without hyper-warping or not, haven't tried it.

If anyone's looking for a new challenge, try to find the Fake Master Chief and find out whether he's good or bad (see pic below). The Real Master Chief is off the screen.

post-5770-128192330078_thumb.gif

Edited by shadowdoggie

I got my cart and played it over the weekend. This was the first batch of homebrew games I have bought and it is good stuff. I got a copy of Turbo and K.O. Crusier as well. As if I didn't spend enough money on games already. :)

I was wondering if there were plans to make a manual for Halo 2600? I would love to get some more description of what all is going on in the game.

• Like 1

I got my cart and played it over the weekend. This was the first batch of homebrew games I have bought and it is good stuff. I got a copy of Turbo and K.O. Crusier as well. As if I didn't spend enough money on games already. icon_smile.gif

I was wondering if there were plans to make a manual for Halo 2600? I would love to get some more description of what all is going on in the game.

I'd like a manual and a box....! icon_mrgreen.gificon_thumbsup.gif

I got my cart and played it over the weekend. This was the first batch of homebrew games I have bought and it is good stuff. I got a copy of Turbo and K.O. Crusier as well. As if I didn't spend enough money on games already. icon_smile.gif

I'd like a manual and a box....! icon_mrgreen.gificon_thumbsup.gif

Me too!