IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

damn i LOVE this game. i wish i could justify buying this game will have to add it to xmas wish list. any way to get an email sent to my wife say something to the point 'halo 2600 is in stock buy it for xmas NOW!'when it is in stock?

Yes, send me a PM with your wife's email address. icon_smile.gif

..Al

Well, that's just great service!icon_thumbsup.gif One more example of why buying from Albert is a great idea. +1

I just want to say this about trying to buy a copy of the HALO 2600 cartridge:

I got my name on the list, I got an email saying more copies were available.

"Any Questions" And I had a question. Payments were being accepted by PAYPAL.

I CAN'T DO PAYPAL. I want to send a money order. I replied with that question.

I have not heard a response since. It's bad service to not reply to a question

when I had a legitimate one. I'd like to send a money order to buy a copy of

HALO 2600 and I need a mailing address to do it.

This option should be available as well.

I just want to say this about trying to buy a copy of the HALO 2600 cartridge:

I got my name on the list, I got an email saying more copies were available.

"Any Questions" And I had a question. Payments were being accepted by PAYPAL.

I CAN'T DO PAYPAL. I want to send a money order. I replied with that question.

I have not heard a response since. It's bad service to not reply to a question

when I had a legitimate one. I'd like to send a money order to buy a copy of

HALO 2600 and I need a mailing address to do it.

This option should be available as well.

I hate to sound like a smart ass, BUT... if AA accepted money orders, then it would have been part of the description in the email. So there's your answer.

Also, AA is run by ONE man and he can get very backed up. So there's a good chance he isn't avoiding your email, just didn't GET to it yet.

Oh, and welcome to AtariAge, where all your wildest dreams come true (that is, if you have Paypal) ;)

Edited by bomberpunk

To all who wish they had a box to go along with their Halo 2600 cart I've prepared several color and style choices as well as a manual with custom back cover art. Click the following link to download a zip file with everything you need to start printing.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?xp1gmkqa7rj6b89

Look below for samples.

HaloboxPic.jpg

Edited by kain_kusanagi
  • Like 4

Wow, amazing work! All I need now is a PAL copy to put in it ;)

Where could I go to get this printed on good quality cardboard and glossy paper? Just a Stationary Store?

I had mine printed on 11x17 copy paper on a laser printer at a copy shop. It doesn't have the best color, but it's bright enough and the paper is smooth. I then glued it to a flattened cracker box, but a large cereal box would work too, pretty much any thin compressed cardboard. I don't know of anywhere that prints directly on cardboard, but a print/copy shop in your area might have a super heavy stock of paper that is close enough to cardboard for your liking.

If you can't get it printed on a glossy enough paper for your liking, you can have it laminated. Laminated paper looks great and lasts forever.

Edited by kain_kusanagi
  • Like 1

Whenever I make a box (done a few here and there) I print the stuff out on glossy paper, then glue the whole thing with a THIN layer of glue onto posterboard, then cut out according to what is printed.

Yeah, I have done a bit of paper crafting in the past, and also made a cut-out R2-D2 this way and it came out great. But a lot of people don't have the patience for doing it that way.

A lot of the cheap-o USB thingies out there come in nicely sized boxes that work great; you just have to resize the image borders in mspaint or whatever to fit the box you have.

Nice job, kain. They look sweet :thumbsup:

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got my copy a day ago and yesterday I dug out my 4 switch to play a bit. The video looked awful, much worse than my perfect looking 2600 games, so I fired it up on my Colecovision Atari expansion module and it looks perfect. Odd. Great game!

So it does actually work on a CV with the expansion module? I don't have an actual Atari console, but I *do* have a ColecoVision, and was hoping to read that it works with Expansion Module #1 before I request to be put on the waiting list.

I got my copy a day ago and yesterday I dug out my 4 switch to play a bit. The video looked awful, much worse than my perfect looking 2600 games, so I fired it up on my Colecovision Atari expansion module and it looks perfect. Odd. Great game!

So it does actually work on a CV with the expansion module? I don't have an actual Atari console, but I *do* have a ColecoVision, and was hoping to read that it works with Expansion Module #1 before I request to be put on the waiting list.

Technically/technologically, that expansion module is a 2600 that takes power from and uses the audio/video output of the CV. There's no obvious reason that it wouldn't work.

Edited by BigO

Why is there such a craze about this game? Because it was done by Ed Fries, or because it is Halo? I mean even that RRoD version that just came out looks and plays like the first 2001 installment. That serie is nothing but dead now.

There are much better games released for VCS like those by J. Champeau. Masterpieces like Lady Bug or Juno First deserve this kind of hype.

Edited by maiki

Why is there such a craze about this game? Because it was done by Ed Fries, or because it is Halo? I mean even that RRoD version that just came out looks and plays like the first 2001 installment. That serie is nothing but dead now.

um, both. Halo is a great game, and Halo 2600 is a celebration of that fame. It plays well, written by someone that was actually involved, plus it is actual hardware.

Sorry you didn't like it so much.

• Like 3

Thanks Al again for the excellent game and outstanding service. Gunna play my copy when i get home from work. already gave my buddy his copy after I bragged about mine for most of the night lol.

I was just curious as to how many copies were sold already. Not for the rarity factor but for how popular this game has become. i can see a huge market for the game. Been tellin everyone to head over this way and check out all the awesome info on the forum and the games for sale section.

Thanks again!!

Halo is the worst game ever made! I remember buying my first xbox halo edition just so I could play halo...I hated it! But I picked up two of the Halo 2600 cart! Why? Well ya' see, one to play and one to put in the box....now I just need the manual for the box..I will buy it from someone if they know how to get it printed in the same shape and size as the original atari black manual?

Now why is this game worthy of buying two? Well you see...Halo is the only good thing Xbox had to use as a tool to compete with Playstation 2. Halo is a worthy game with the kids now. (I still hate the xbox games) This 2600 release shows that Atari is Not DEAD! Any newer popular game could be made into an Atari games and the kids would be reinterested in the Atari...

If someone were to make a 2600 version of Ratchet and Clank...kids would buy them....if someone made a gears of war on the atari 2600..kids would buy them...

If someone would make a newer mario capable of coins and flying...kids would buy them...Lets start with a smash brothers..>!

Could atari make a smash Bros. 2600? Kids would buy it....

Then we get all these games out there that the youth are familiar with maybe focusing on titles for the newer systems with predacessors that kids loved..and we get the need for more Atari 2600 systems or atari capable systems being reproduced or sold from the masses that have held onto them....! All games made today are in some way remakes of older games....just up to date with characters kids grow to love in every generation born..!

Key here?

ATARI 2600 is not dead.....!

Now THAT's the type of hyperbole-filled rant the Internet is famous for, Chris. Congrats. The main problem with your little diatribe there is one of the 800-pound gorilla in the room, copyright. Halo 2600 was only allowed under very special circumstances. It's probably a one-in-a-million type of occurrence. It's extremely unlikely Sony would allow a similar homage to any of their IPs and Nintendo is an outright impossibility.

• Like 1

Now THAT's the type of hyperbole-filled rant the Internet is famous for, Chris. Congrats. The main problem with your little diatribe there is one of the 800-pound gorilla in the room, copyright. Halo 2600 was only allowed under very special circumstances. It's probably a one-in-a-million type of occurrence. It's extremely unlikely Sony would allow a similar homage to any of their IPs and Nintendo is an outright impossibility.

And Ed Fries got consent from Microsoft/Bungie/Whoever Else to Reproduce an Atari cart based on Their Popular Icon....so I just need to get approval before I put someone like Crash Bandicoot on an Atari cart?

No probs.....

playing 2600 via adam + exp module has always been my 'video-out' on-the-cheap option of choice. So, it's nice to know when I get my classic-gaming-engine-of-despair running again, I'll be able to enjoy halo on it :) ti99kitty: honored to be your sig :) i am a proud owner of some giant ti expansion system for my 99 that is one of the heaviest computer thingies I own (not as heavy as my SGI Indigo, or NExT cube, though :) lol.)

Please add me to the list for a Halo cart.

Thanks,

JerryG

At this time I am no longer taking payments for Halo 2600. However, send an email to sales@atariage.com and I will add you to the waiting list and will email you as carts become available, in the order I receive requests.

Some additional information:

If you'd like a copy of Halo 2600 in cartridge form, I am going to make some number available to forum members who weren't able to attend CGE.

This new batch of cartridges will have a different label in order to differentiate them from the carts sold at CGE. My plan is to ship any carts that are paid for by the end of the weekend sometime next week. You will receive tracking information (for Priority Mail) once your package has shipped.

Halo_Rev2_600.jpg

A PAL version is presently being worked on. Once it's completed, I'll update this thread. If you're in Europe or Australia (or other PAL regions) and want a PAL version, please hold off on sending a payment until it's ready.

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...