IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

Kinda hesitant on buying something that I cant test first, but i guess thats what the forums are for, to figure out who likes what. I like the hacks the have in there like the arcade versions of the games, like Galaxian or like The Return of Mario. I only have a 2600 currently but yeah man, thank you. If you have any suggestion for like arcade style homebrew with good replay ability that would help in narrowing stuff down. But yeah, ill deffintly take a look at more. Thanks.

Most of the ROMs are available, start with Enormous Homebrew Thread Repository which links to the topics for a lot of the various homebrews.

Another place to get the ROMs is from the main page via Title Search at the bottom-left. It will show detailed pages, most with w/ROMs, about the games like Lady Bug, Medieval Mayhem and Thrust+ Platinum (the top 3 games in the store - Synthcart, #1 in the store, isn't a game).

You can also set the Sort By in the store to Most Popular.

Another good source of info is Nathan Strum's Homebreviews.

• Like 2

Kinda hesitant on buying something that I cant test first, but i guess thats what the forums are for, to figure out who likes what. I like the hacks the have in there like the arcade versions of the games, like Galaxian or like The Return of Mario. I only have a 2600 currently but yeah man, thank you. If you have any suggestion for like arcade style homebrew with good replay ability that would help in narrowing stuff down. But yeah, ill deffintly take a look at more. Thanks.

Most of the ROMs are available, start with Enormous Homebrew Thread Repository which links to the topics for a lot of the various homebrews.

Another place to get the ROMs is from the main page via Title Search at the bottom-left. It will show detailed pages, most with w/ROMs, about the games like Lady Bug, Medieval Mayhem and Thrust+ Platinum (the top 3 games in the store - Synthcart, #1 in the store, isn't a game).

You can also set the Sort By in the store to Most Popular.

Another good source of info is Nathan Strum's Homebreviews.

Oh man, thats great! hey thanks alot. I really appercaite it. Yeah, im deffintly going to check that out now. Thatll help alot with being able to test the homebrew out before buying something. Thanks! I didnt realize that at all. I must admit, this site has like everything you can think of that goes with Atari, but thats the name of the site, so i wouldnt expect less. But thats just great. Yeah, now im really about to take a look and think about investing in some homebrew now because of that. Thanks again man. Much apperciated.

haha well the stores offline now till march, but regardless, thatll give me plenty of time to figure out what I want and try things out.

Edited by scratchbutt

You might like to check out the Harmony Cartridge as well, it'll let you try the games out on a real Atari. While I still buy the homebrews, I use the Harmony to play them as it's quicker than digging thru my 300+ cartridges to find a game.

The Harmony is also handy for taking the Atari to friend's houses - in the past people would be disappointed if I didn't bring along their favorite game, with the Harmony that's no longer a problem.

You might like to check out the Harmony Cartridge as well, it'll let you try the games out on a real Atari. While I still buy the homebrews, I use the Harmony to play them as it's quicker than digging thru my 300+ cartridges to find a game.

The Harmony is also handy for taking the Atari to friend's houses - in the past people would be disappointed if I didn't bring along their favorite game, with the Harmony that's no longer a problem.

Yeah that would make life alot easier. I mean, its $60, but atleast you can load up alot and take it to go. Plus you can play homebrew on it too which is cool. I might just get that. Ill have to think about that, but thats a bit cheaper in the long run if you think about it. And 300+ games? Thats just friggen crazy. Thats commintment right there. I got 4 games and a sealed game, but thats just a great collection. Thats a good suggestion. Sorta reminds me of the Cuttle Cart except not so complicated. I might just get that.

It's not difficult to get a bunch of games - when I got back into the Atari my brother and sister were all "do you have this game, do you have that game?". So for Xmas I picked up a couple more systems and a bunch of cartridge lots off ebay. I kept everything that was unique and divided up the duplicates. I also got each a boxed copy of the "do you have this/that game?" that they mentioned.

It's not difficult to get a bunch of games - when I got back into the Atari my brother and sister were all "do you have this game, do you have that game?". So for Xmas I picked up a couple more systems and a bunch of cartridge lots off ebay. I kept everything that was unique and divided up the duplicates. I also got each a boxed copy of the "do you have this/that game?" that they mentioned.

Yeah I know. But as being limited to where I can find Atari games in my family, as I grew up with a NES and the gameboy, Im kinda stuck from getting it from like shops. Like when I was up at college in PA, there was a pawn shop where I got my atari and pac-man and Pitfall. Then coming back home to go to a seperate college this semster, they have a like second hand store up 2 hours from me, and they have with just everything, and thats where I picked up my boxed versions of Dig Dug, Asteroids, and my Sealed Gravitar, yes I know the game is basicly worthless but it was 10 bucks for the sealed. Its gonna be worth something eventually. But I know what your saying. I collect like a wide thing of videogames. I got NES, 2 SNES, a genesis, a sega nomad, the original, pocket and color version of the gameboy. Actually, the Halo 2600, when I saw that last year, was what kinda made me go want to buy an Atari. I basicly have a little bit of everything but I really want to expand my collection and get some more obscure rarer stuff. But as Im more of a cash person over credit, I dont use ebay alot. I like to go to stores and bargin and look around, but there isnt really anything by me that isnt in driving distance.

But yeah, thats really good you got like your bro and sis helping you out too, my brothers enjoy playing it every now and then but not enough to help me out in getting them. I proboly should go on ebay and pick a bunch up, but I kinda got to be frugle as I dont have a job currently. But somethings you really cant pass up. Like I told myself, if I ever come across a pong system for a decient price, im buying it, but I havent found one yet. Likewise, with a reprint of Halo 2600, you really cant miss that one either. Regardless, I should proboly go pick up a bunch more games.