IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

I'm not sure they are making anymore. I think I put my name in a couple years ago, but nothing so far.

It's still on Al's things to do list, so it's not dead . It may take a bit, but I'm sure they will get made. The shear amount of interest in the carts is daunting not to mention all the other shit going on here.

• Like 1

I'm not sure they are making anymore. I think I put my name in a couple years ago, but nothing so far.

I have Halo 2600 carts in production, and the manuals were sent to the printer yesterday. I'm bringing 50 boxed copies of the game to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo at the end of this month. I'll then make copies available to everyone who wants one after I return from the show (loose with manual, complete in box, and just the manual for those who want that).

..Al

• Like 1

I have Halo 2600 carts in production, and the manuals were sent to the printer yesterday. I'm bringing 50 boxed copies of the game to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo at the end of this month. I'll then make copies available to everyone who wants one after I return from the show (loose with manual, complete in box, and just the manual for those who want that).

..Al

Albert,

Every coming to CT :) Not sure we even have a Retro Gaming Expo here, kind of a small state. Anyway to pre-order one?

Thanks

Every coming to CT :) Not sure we even have a Retro Gaming Expo here, kind of a small state. Anyway to pre-order one?

I lived in Connecticut for about 15 years, haven't been back there since 1997 or so.

I'll email or PM everyone who's shown interest, including those who've posted in this thread.

..Al

Thank you for the update Albert. I know that I emailed you a while back but wanted to make sure that I was on the list for a boxed copy and an extra box and instructions (I have OCS and that is how I roll). We all appreciate what you do here and know that it is a work of love and not of just profit. So thank you Al for giving us a very special piece of Halo history.

I believe there is definitely a demand for this game. I don't have a link atm, but I remember an original LE cart from the original Halo 2600 batch selling for over $400 on eBay a few months ago. I'm not necessarily interested in buying it myself (I've played it on my Harmony flash cart and while it is a decent game, it doesn't interest me enough to buy the cart version), but I'm definitely glad they've decided to reproduce it. Then again, it really depends on price. I might bite as an impulse buy if the price is right. The only people I imagine getting angry and butt-hurt about this game going back into production are the resellers who are holding onto a copy with the intent of flipping it for huge profit.

Edited by stardust4ever

Any idea about the price? I mean I don't need an exact pricetag, but a range. Like, Boulderr Dash is pretty expensive due to the license and all... will Halo 2600 be about the same, or more in common with most other VCS homebrews?

Probably $30 with an 8-page manual and $50 with a box and manual. The manuals are at the printer now, and I have 50 boxes on-hand. I'll have more boxes after the Portland Retro Gaming Show as well.

..Al

• Like 1

Any idea about the price? I mean I don't need an exact pricetag, but a range. Like, Boulderr Dash is pretty expensive due to the license and all... will Halo 2600 be about the same, or more in common with most other VCS homebrews?

Probably $30 with an 8-page manual and $50 with a box and manual. The manuals are at the printer now, and I have 50 boxes on-hand. I'll have more boxes after the Portland Retro Gaming Show as well.

..Al

What about manual only, or box and manual for those of us that already got the cart?

(I'd add the manual onto another order, not worth shipping it alone.)