IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

This past Saturday, I took a group of my Games & Interactive Media Design majors to the Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC, and was pleased to see Atari get some representation, including the Halo release. Chris Melissinos, who curated the exhibit, gave my students a personal tour and was pretty enthusiastic about the Halo cart.

post-5874-0-13414800-1348242333_thumb.jpg

post-5874-0-29704000-1348242351_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This past Saturday, I took a group of my Games & Interactive Media Design majors to the Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC, and was pleased to see Atari get some representation, including the Halo release. Chris Melissinos, who curated the exhibit, gave my students a personal tour and was pretty enthusiastic about the Halo cart.

Very cool! Good to see the younger crowd learning about the classic computers and game consoles! :thumbsup:

Did Chris know that the retro community is still alive and well and that there are more homebrews for the 2600 and other classic game consoles other than Halo 2600?

Edited by Gateway

Yes, those will be options as well as long as you bought the cartridge from AtariAge.

..Al

Fantastic! That's my question answered! I got a PAL Halo 2600 cart from you in the last run so i was hoping to get the Box & manual this time around! Thank you very much for making this option available to us! :)

Very cool! Good to see the younger crowd learning about the classic computers and game consoles! :thumbsup:

Did Chris know that the retro community is still alive and well and that there are more homebrews for the 2600 and other classic game consoles other than Halo 2600?

Yes, he seemed pretty up-to-date about the homebrewing community. He was rather enthusiastic about the importance of classic gaming in shaping the industry.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope enough go out this round to cut down some of the ridiculous resales on ebay. If it's a collector buying that just has to have the CGE version, that's all good, but I feel bad for any folks that think that's the only way to get the game (then again, a couple minutes of googling would bring em here, so...)..

Emailed Al last week to get on the list as well. Any chance that we'll see boxes made again for the original CGE version, or just for the new design?

I hope enough go out this round to cut down some of the ridiculous resales on ebay. If it's a collector buying that just has to have the CGE version, that's all good, but I feel bad for any folks that think that's the only way to get the game (then again, a couple minutes of googling would bring em here, so...)..

As I get caught up on things, I will start listing these on eBay myself to cut down on this profiteering.

Emailed Al last week to get on the list as well. Any chance that we'll see boxes made again for the original CGE version, or just for the new design?

The box design is actually the same as for the CGE version, we didn't change that. The CGE version does have a different label (same artwork as the box), and didn't come with a manual. The new manual matches the artwork for the current label.

..Al

• Like 2

I just PM'd everyone who showed interest in this thread as well as everyone who sent me a PM in the last year and a half or so. If you didn't get a PM and you want a copy, please let me know and I'll add you to the list. I'll be making a batch of these carts soon, I already have manuals printed, and we're working on a run of boxes (perhaps gray-style to match the labels and manuals).

Edit: If you've emailed me, I am culling through the emails now and will be sending an email to everyone who contacted me that way.

Soon!!

..Al

Edit: If you've emailed me, I am culling through the emails now and will be sending an email to everyone who contacted me that way.

Excellent, will keep an eye out for an email!

(And personally I'd love one of the original style boxes)

I just PM'd everyone who showed interest in this thread as well as everyone who sent me a PM in the last year and a half or so. If you didn't get a PM and you want a copy, please let me know and I'll add you to the list. I'll be making a batch of these carts soon, I already have manuals printed, and we're working on a run of boxes (perhaps gray-style to match the labels and manuals).

Soon!!

..Al

I didn't get a PM :( I sent an email request as well though so I'll wait for that I guess.