IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

These were put up on eBay to help stop the unauthorized repro carts that were selling or being listed for much higher dollar values. I'll be adding Halo 2600 to the AtariAge Store today. Just received some Halo 2600 magnets I was waiting on. :)

..Al

No kidding! I noticed an original run Halo 2600 cart sell for $420 at eBay auction back in May 2012. At the time, I had recently purchased my first VCS system (4-switch woodgrain), and I was like, "Aww man, I'll never be able to afford that..." Well, never say never! Just placed an order for cart + Manual + free bonus magnet! FYI, the other day, I finally placed a big order for some 2600 homebrews on February 10th (5 in all), but it's still "processing."

Either way, selling them on eBay at $35 BIN is a good strategy to kill the pirates dead in their tracks. I think the reason Halo 2600 sold for so much was because it was initially a limited run, and there are huge Halo fans who will collect everything. I'd bet at least some of those people paying top dollar for those carts don't even have a 2600 to play it on! :lolblue: :jango: :lol:

• Like 1

A package arrived today. Halo 2600 cart + manual. Kind of ironic, considering the lot of homebrews I bought last week before Halo appeared in the store, are currently still in the mail.

A funny thing I noticed about the new Halo 2600 artwork is the box uses the old artwork, while the cart and manual use the new artwork. While I understand that the old label has been discontinued to differentiate the original 2010 lot (which is kind of a collector's item now) from the new run of carts, I still feel like the artwork on the cart/box should match. It doesn't really matter to me, because I only ordered the cart + manual option.

My boxed Halo 2600 arrived today!

I've played the binary on the Harmony Cart, but seeing it for sale with the box made me "pop" on buying it.

I don't really collect boxes, but for some reason I wanted this more because it came in a box.

I also got 7800 Moon Cresta in the box and I already had the Cartridge from Bob (but it was the one with the level 70-something bug which I'll never get to), so I went ahead and got the Atari Age store updated binary with box.

It's some kind of spell or something... or hoarding...

I am trying to make my own box for some games. Fist try is turning out well. Need a box for 2600 Sinistar! I just wish I could afford the shipping from Germany, one member here make great boxes.

A package arrived today. Halo 2600 cart + manual. Kind of ironic, considering the lot of homebrews I bought last week before Halo appeared in the store, are currently still in the mail.

A funny thing I noticed about the new Halo 2600 artwork is the box uses the old artwork, while the cart and manual use the new artwork. While I understand that the old label has been discontinued to differentiate the original 2010 lot (which is kind of a collector's item now) from the new run of carts, I still feel like the artwork on the cart/box should match. It doesn't really matter to me, because I only ordered the cart + manual option.

I put the loose 2010 copy that I had in a box so now I have a 2010 and 2013 boxed copies now :)

I put the loose 2010 copy that I had in a box so now I have a 2010 and 2013 boxed copies now :)

You're lucky that you had the original. I bought my first Atari in May 2012. When I joined Atariage and realized they were still making new games for the VCS, I started playing and collecting homebrews. But when I saw the original Halo 2600 sell for hundreds, I knew I could never afford owning one. So I'm glad to add it to my collection. Halo 2600 is not a difficult game, but I just wish they gave us more lives or continues so I could progress further into the game.

As for the boxes, I don't really collect them because most of my games collection are secondhand loose carts anyway. So concerning the price difference for the box included, I'd just as soon ave a few bucks and go without one.

Edited by stardust4ever

Got mine yesterday. Had a 4+ hour Atari gaming marathon today. Game looks and plays fantastic. The only the that would made it better is if I did an A/V mod on my 2600.

Anyways thanks for the quick shipping and a fantastic Halo game!

My first AA purchase, but not my last! :-)

Rick

Got mine yesterday. Had a 4+ hour Atari gaming marathon today. Game looks and plays fantastic. The only the that would made it better is if I did an A/V mod on my 2600.

Anyways thanks for the quick shipping and a fantastic Halo game!

My first AA purchase, but not my last! :-)

Rick

My RF cable went out today. I plan on modding my system next month with the AV and LED mod.

Holy smokes; those CIB Halos are selling like hotcakes! Halo has already risen to the first page based on sales:

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?pg=1&m=&c=24&l=product_list&sortby=num_sold:desc

Ironically, the cart+manual only version is still on page 7/8. That means that a crap-ton of people have already ordered Halo 2600 CIB, but not so many have ordered it unboxed. Was I being cheap by skimping on the box? I wonder how much longer the boxed copies last? And with all the Halo fanboys out there, it wouldn't surprise me if the web store had a plethora of new signups this week.