IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

I went cheap/ no box. I just don't have room for boxes. Wish I did though.

I can't argue with that--most of my 2600 collection is loose carts (with manuals, when I can get them). When I started collecting, my goal was to actually PLAY all the games I could never afford (or had never seen!) as a kid, so that was my primary motivation. Plus, loose games are much easier to store and access when you do want to play games. Plus the loose games are less expensive!

..Al

I can't argue with that--most of my 2600 collection is loose carts (with manuals, when I can get them). When I started collecting, my goal was to actually PLAY all the games I could never afford (or had never seen!) as a kid, so that was my primary motivation. Plus, loose games are much easier to store and access when you do want to play games. Plus the loose games are less expensive!

..Al

I hear ya brother! I'm also a toy collector and my office is FULL! Basically means that when I get a new item, something has to go (or at least be hidden elsewhere in the house where the wife won't see it.) I have shelves that can hold 22 nes or Atari boxes with 11 visable or they can hold 60 nes with 30 visable and 108 Atari games with 36 visable. I wish I could find a shelving solution that doesn't waste space for my games that allows me to face them all out. Those old Atari boxes sure were pretty though! :)

Edited by gorfcadet

A big Amen to you brother! My office is full too with Star Wars stuff. I pretty much just keep the 2600 cartridges out for easy access. The 5200 carts are stored behind the Death Star since those carts don't have name labels. I very rarely get the boxed option. All of my CD/DVD games (ps2, sega cd, dreamcast, 360) have long since had their boxes removed and are now stored in DVD storage boxes. Much less space needed to store hundreds of games.

Just put my order in for a boxed copy. Doesn't it figure that I got the e-mail while my computer was in the shop being repaired? Thankfully, I saw that e-mail after I was back online, and yes.... I scared the dog when I let out a "YEAH!!! HALO!!!!" warcry. :-D

Shocked the beans out of some kids at work, too.... to find out Halo was coming out for a 35 year old console.

Next on my "To be aquired list"......... Tempest for the 5200. Want to get a boxed copy of that too, so I'm hoping they will last until I can swing it.

my cart is coming today :) thanks al

I will for sure show off the game at the VGS mini event "AtariMania" in April at galloping ghost as well as VGS in july

I have already got the rom on my sd card for the harmony cart but this is great to have the cart with instructions(and box)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Received mine today, and showed it to the young guys at work, who were totally geeking out over it. Thanks for the speedy shipping, Al!

Edit: Good idea putting that AA Store pamphlet in the box, too. I had no idea "Scramble" was out for the 7800. Guess what just went on my "Must Have" list? :grin:

Edited by [d2f]Iggy*SJB

my cart is coming today :) thanks al

I will for sure show off the game at the VGS mini event "AtariMania" in April at galloping ghost as well as VGS in july

I have already got the rom on my sd card for the harmony cart but this is great to have the cart with instructions(and box)

I got mine today love the box. and magnet