IGNORED

2600 multicart 64-in-1

malducci

(Reposted from the classic subforum)

Apparently there's bazillion of these things? I just picked up one today for $1. Looks like a pirate cart (my knowledge and experience of Atari stuff is limited, sorry). There's no company logo or title anywhere (other than famous characters in a collage type of label). There are 6 switches on the front of the cart (there are more under the label, as I can see the indentation). There's also a list of 64 games on the back. So... is there link/place that I can info on this type of cart? And are they really that common?

The top label reads "Multi-Games". I can get some pics either later today or by this weekend. I'd just like to identify the cart. I did some searching found 32-in-1 and other carts. Sadly, I have no way of testing the cart but 64 games listed on the back. Thanks.

Apparently there's bazillion of these things? I just picked up one today for $1. Looks like a pirate cart (my knowledge and experience of Atari stuff is limited, sorry). There's no company logo or title anywhere (other than famous characters in a collage type of label). There are 6 switches on the front of the cart (there are more under the label, as I can see the indentation). There's also a list of 64 games on the back. So... is there link/place that I can info on this type of cart? And are they really that common?

The top label reads "Multi-Games". I can get some pics either later today or by this weekend. I'd just like to identify the cart. I did some searching found 32-in-1 and other carts. Sadly, I have no way of testing the cart but 64 games listed on the back. Thanks.

Could you please show a picture of the cart, so I can identify it?

Thanks!

8)

Could you please show a picture of the cart, so I can identify it?

Thanks!

8)

Sure. I'll upload some pics tomorrow or so :)

• 8 months later...

Heh, a little late in getting the pics up online ;>_>

FILE0006.jpg

FILE0005.jpg

FILE0004.jpg

FILE0003.jpg

FILE0008.jpg

Edit: An easier list to read of the game list label:

FILE0007.jpg

Thanks.

More of these can be seen here:

http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=2&type=G&publisher=37&step=200

Now, there's one game title that really interests me: Dinosaur.

Could you show me a screenshot of that game?

IMO it could be something rare.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Thanks.

More of these can be seen here:

http://www.atarimania.com/pgelstsoft.awp?system=2&type=G&publisher=37&step=200

Now, there's one game title that really interests me: Dinosaur.

Could you show me a screenshot of that game?

IMO it could be something rare.

Unfortunately I'm selling off all my retro games/stuff. I have nothing to try it out on. I'll check, but I'm pretty sure none of my friends have anything older than NES for retro systems. So unless you know someone in Tucson that's willing to test it out...

Those games have great names. :lol: What the heck is "Square Game"? Othello?

Othello is probably "Go" (Japanese game). As a kid, I remember 'Go' being sold under the label "Othello" (for the longest time that's what I thought was the real/only name of that game).

How can you tell it's a PAL game? And will it work on NTSC machine? I could probably dump the cart myself (I have a 40pin USB reader, I could make a cart port to dip socket converter and dump each setting. I just need to know the pin outs of the cart connector. Wouldn't have to take it apart or anything). I was planning on selling it. That would be one way to test it, since I don't have a real system - I could pack each of the 64 games as individual roms and try them out in an emulator. And at the same time, provide something for the community (assuming something unique on here). Or is this type of talk taboo here? ;>_>