IGNORED

Does anyone here still buy new games?

Tickled_Pink

Until recently I'd only really bought new games at up to £40 a go. Then I picked up Mirror's Edge at a local store for £5 and realised that there are still many great games out there I hadn't played yet. Since I'm predominantly an offline gamer, except for the odd game of FIFA09, there's little point in me spending a fortune on games that I'm going to stick on the 'done' pile within a couple of weeks.

My birthday's next week and we've picked up Forza 3 (used once with untouched bonus download card) and an excellent condition Assassin's Creed II on eBay for a grand total of £22. Once I'm done, I can probably get at least half that money back so long as I don't leave it too long. Been looking at getting Mass Effect 2 now I've finally got around to finishing the first one. That's been going for an average of £10 - £12.

Might get either Starcraft II or Total War: Napoleon for the PC around Christmas. Again, it'll probably used through eBay. I no longer get the point of buying a brand new game upon release unless you're a heavy online gamer ... MW2 has pretty much killed my interest in online gaming.

Right now there seems to be a glut of games I'm interested in. But yeah, if it's a game I'm interested in, I'll buy new games all the time.

I'm looking forward to the new NFS game Hot Persuit that's coming out later this month, or is it next month? I just hope my xbox is back by then.

Right now there seems to be a glut of games I'm interested in. But yeah, if it's a game I'm interested in, I'll buy new games all the time.

I'm looking forward to the new NFS game Hot Persuit that's coming out later this month, or is it next month? I just hope my xbox is back by then.

Yea that looks fantastic. The Hot Pursuit and Road Rash series were my two favorite racing series. Loved them.

Well I've actually bought a glut lately

Bioshock 2 (Collectors Edition)

Agarest War (For the swag))

Deathsmiles (For the faceplate)

Crackdown 2 (Got a credit deal on)

and a Halo Reach (Pre ordered using credit from Crackdown 2 deal), also planning on the collectors edition of Fallout Vegas.

I guess I buy new if it's limited edition stuff or if I get a good deal.

I have pretty much quit buying game altogether except because I have stacks I've bought in the past (mainly on clearance)I still haven't played.

If I had a 360, I would probably buy the occasional new release. My only modern platform now though is the PC, and since I have such a huge backlog of games to play on it, my PC purchases usually come in the form of older titles discounted in Steam sales. StarCraft II was a very, very rare exception.

rarely , unless it's something i know i want and can't wait for a price drop. with all the games coming out this fall all i have preordered is halo reach and two worlds 2 because i know i'll be putting serious time into them. i'll probably end up adding gothic 4 to that list for the same reason.

i usually play most new releases through gamefly and that's good enough for me. i end up buying alot of used stuff through them because they have good deals.

rarely , unless it's something i know i want and can't wait for a price drop. with all the games coming out this fall all i have preordered is halo reach and two worlds 2 because i know i'll be putting serious time into them. i'll probably end up adding gothic 4 to that list for the same reason.

I guess that's another reason for me deciding not to bother buying new anymore. I just don't get the chance to put the game time in. As I said, I've only just managed to finish Mass Effect and yet I've had that game for 2 years. So it's pretty pointless for me to go and buy new or do a preorder. You do that so you can play a game you really want to death now.

With me, by the time I do get around to doing that it's already several months old.

If you're interested in Need for Speed, then you have to get this......

500x_custom_1280943086732_ea.jpg

Just remember that grease and controllers don't mix!

:D

Mendon

I don't knwo about NFS world. It could be good, but sounded to much like they were trying to be Granturismo. Pluss, it's online only, and I don't have th emeans of playing those types of games.

Outside of Pursuit, I'd buy Reach when it comes out, and I may pick uptwo worlds, depending on how I like the first one. But yeah, that's about it, three games till the end of the year that I'm interested in.

Edited by Video

I only buy new/preorder games on games that I know that are going to have a limited run, that interest me.

I bought new, Raiden IV, Raiden Fighter Aces, Williams Pinball Hall of Fame, and Deathsmiles.

I mainly bought Deathsmiles for the faceplate though. It looks amazing with my xbox.

I painted it when I seen what the faceplate looked like. I couldn't believe how amazing it really looks and how close the purple matches.

Xbox.jpg

I have not bought a used game in quite a while. I don't own any used games for this generation of consoles. I buy most of my games from internet vendors, and I am leery of buying a used disc game without inspecting it first.

I do not buy games as often as I used to, and it is easy to find new games cheap on Amazon, Newegg, etc.

There are a few recent 360 and Wii games I'd like to have, though I probably will wait for the price to come down, if only because I have so much to play already.

However, Rock Band 3 is going to be a day-one purchase, no question.

Oh God YES!!

I've been hoping for something like the new Squier Strat guitar/controller but wasn't sure how it would work. Now I know. :D

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/16/rock-band-3-squier-stratocaster-plays-both-real-and-virtual-guit/

Haven't bought any Guitar Hero or Rock Band for the current gen systems ... yet. Was looking the other day on eBay, which is how I eventually came across this.

I bought Agarest War, and I'm going to pick up Deathsmiles, both for the pack-ins. Otherwise, I'm a bargain-bin diver!

Now playing: Assassin's Creed ($7)

Just bought: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Force Unleashed, Lego Star Wars TCS, +6 kids/sports games, for $40 on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

I very rarely buy a new release. The last two I can think of were Fallout 3 and Super Smash Brothers Melee. For the most part I have so many glaring holes in my library which can be filled for $20 that I can wait for the price to drop.

The part that kind of sucks about being an adult is now that you can afford all the games you want, you don't have the time to play them all.

Sometimes i just have to buy a new game because i thinks it worth paying full price, because they offer so much fun gaming time, titles like red dead redemption, mafia II, Uncharted games.

But some games i pick up when i come accross them second hand, or priced down. Like Heavy rain, brother in arms: hells highway.

There hasn't been much worth buying new for me in 2010 so far... but the last 3 months of the year are full of stuff I must have on day 1!

Dead Rising 2, F1 2010, Gran Turismo 5, Fallout New Vegas, CoD Black Ops, WRC Championship, Halo Reach, Fable 3, NFS Hot Pursuit...

Same as every year, all the good games seem to come out at the same time. Some of them may have to wait until Christmas. :sad:

I hate that all the good games seem to release at the same time. I semi understand why they want them around christmass, so people would have it fresh in their mind and buy more :roll: But honestly, this puts a severe cap on what I can buy. I got plenty of disposable income, but it would be easier for me to buy these games spread out over the year, instead of all at once, and by next year, I forget what was new, so I buy most of them that weren't quiet as important to me used, or marked down.