IGNORED

New Smurf game for Colecovision

youki

I like the variety of "tasks"... and the fact you can shoot other Smurfs. :)

They're G'naps, I suspect. See, there was a communicable disease in Smurf village, and when one Smurf contracted it, he became a G'nap and would bite other Smurfs on the tail, spreading the disease. It sounds like a metaphor for STDs, doesn't it? Before you ask, no, Smurfette wasn't the prime carrier.

They're G'naps, I suspect. See, there was a communicable disease in Smurf village, and when one Smurf contracted it, he became a G'nap and would bite other Smurfs on the tail, spreading the disease. It sounds like a metaphor for STDs, doesn't it? Before you ask, no, Smurfette wasn't the prime carrier.

Nice. :)

The G'naps were purple in the cartoon due to censorship, though.

The G'naps were purple in the cartoon due to censorship, though.

Yes, due to some U.S Laws ,i don't understand... In the original book they are black. And i think the book has also been published in the US recently but they becomes purple.

If i understand well , it is to not hurt the black community.Because the "black smurf" are the bad guys and they don't want somebody associate "black" and "Bad" , I can understand that but in that case why Darth Vader can stay Black , it should be pink or purple.

Now I want to see a pink Darth Vader.

I don't blame Hanna-Barbera for making the change... we've got a large black population, and one we haven't treated especially well over the past three hundred years. Having said that, I've seen the Smurfs in black and they look pretty cool that way, like a really angry Mr. Game & Watch.

Reading this thread gave me an urge to hunt down some of Peyo's work, and he's more prolific than you'd think... in addition to The Smurfs and Johan and Peewit, he did a comic called Benedict Steelbreaker that looks like it would be a lot of fun to read. It's about a French kid with super strength who has to fight an evil robot granny. How can you go wrong with a formula like that?