IGNORED

Halo 2600 making a big splash on Yahoo!

4ever2600

I defentily agree with this last part of this article:

"The game can't match "Halo 3" for visual beauty, but it is instantly accessible and offers old-school gamers something very rare: an opportunity to play a favorite franchise in a way that's both new and old, both surreal and familar."

"The game can't match "Halo 3" for visual beauty, but it is instantly accessible and offers old-school gamers something very rare: an opportunity to play a favorite franchise in a way that's both new and old, both surreal and familar."

That's also shockingly good writing.

Ditto :)

Ditto :)

Though the statement is certainly true, I wouldn't call it great writing.

Also, it's got a punctuation error: The writer didn't capitalize after a colon.

-tet

Also, it's got a punctuation error: The writer didn't capitalize after a colon.

After consulting several online style references, I find no indication that the first word of the phrase following a colon should be capitalized, and several counter-examples.

Well, in the vast majority of cases, I have learned to defer to your knowledge, A.J.

But in this case I must stand firm: It's something I learnt in skuul, from all that book lernin'! :D

Maybe some style guides allow that lazy-ass crap, and I certainly must tolerate it in modern writing, but that doesn't change my belief that it is incorrect. It would take several citations of sources I respect to weaken my resolve on this issue. As far as counter-examples go, they might just be wrong. As is, I believe, the punctuation example in the article referenced in this topic.

Also, it's interesting to know that one sentence uttered by Yours, Truly can send you off on a long research trek. Should I be flattered, A.J., or should I be concerned for your sanity? :ponder: ;)

-tet