IGNORED

Atari Video System X - new video

DeLorean

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What would make it 5 thumbs up --- Tell Justin to remove the F-U from the front page of atari7800.com --- its tasteless...

Hey guys. We have a great new video up about the Atari Video System X. There's a nice little history lesson in the video, too. I think you'll enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0QGMmel1Bg

-DeLorean

• Like 2

Hey guys. We have a great new video up about the Atari Video System X. There's a nice little history lesson in the video, too. I think you'll enjoy it!

-DeLorean

spiffy although the 321 contact and pbs stuff was a little sappy i had to skip to a buck 30 to get to the meat and stopped when i saw robocop on a unicorn cause i knew there was nothing more to say

Nice video. I remember the times. Donkey Kong was my favorite game, so Colecovision was tempting, but my friends and I were fierce Atari loyalists. It was quite intense at the time, and most people could only afford one system, unlike today where people might own a Wii and an X-box or PS3. Joyful times though, as the video shows.

-DeLorean

That was great, thanks!

--- Tell Justin to remove the F-U from the front page of atari7800.com --- its tasteless...

No way - it's fucking awesome! :D

Edited by Rev. Rob

• 1 month later...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What would make it 5 thumbs up --- Tell Justin to remove the F-U from the front page of atari7800.com --- its tasteless...

-DeLorean

The site lost credibility with me when I got to the part about "fat fuck Commodore Founder Jack Tramiel."

It read too much like super-sweetened PR trash up to that point, then it went head first into the sewer. Looks like all these years later someone's sounding still pissed off enough to "go postal."

Immaturity.

... oh, and the part about no concern about music... that wasn't just Tramiel, since the machine from its inception didn't have good sound built-in, which it would've had that been a concern about all those wonderful pre-Tramiel designers.

Edited by Brian R.

I never went to atari7800.com but I can't image f-bombs on an atari site making any sense. Maybe in forums between members.... :)

Anyway the video wan't bad but the guy spoke in such a "gentle" voice the whole time it was annoying.

My 22yr old daughter walked past when I was watching and she commented about it sounding "gay".

Anyway the system X is cool. Its a 4 port with a different metal plate on it.

• Like 2

Anyway the video wan't bad but the guy spoke in such a "gentle" voice the whole time it was annoying.

My 22yr old daughter walked past when I was watching and she commented about it sounding "gay".

As an homage to the 1980s style of these videos, the VO is right in line. Maybe a little education would correct the homophobic bigotry. :roll:

• Like 2

As an homage to the 1980s style of these videos, the VO is right in line. Maybe a little education would correct the homophobic bigotry. :roll:

LOL, its a true story. Go love yourself some more.

• Like 1

Cool little video; thanks for the share! I've never seen that picture of a conference before where it was a long row of consoles with game demonstrations, that was really cool. Picked up a few new tidbits of information on the system's background so that's always good. Can't say I'll be one of those to jump in and participate on the crazy collectors auction for one of these.

Quick question about the VSX. What does the splash screen say? Does it still say Atari 5200 on it? I thought the routine for the splash screen was stored in the system ROM and not in the cartridge, so you'd think that it would be different from the released 5200.

Tempest