IGNORED

Ebay Is Letting Me Down / CIB is Rare

Philflound

Heh. Actually I don't sell under that ID anymore. At least not in the store. I use my friend's account and thus keep it anonymous. I do his Ebay listings and he lets me put my stuff in his store for free. I'd like to keep myself distanced from his account to mine. I can't afford an Ebay store. You literally need the medium store at $50 per month to get 5 cent per month listing rights. Else it's like 20 or 25 cents if you have the cheap store. Ebay has gotten ridiculous. I had an ebay store a long time ago. In fact I made my own trading card with a picture and sold a few before I closed my store. I also made a t-shirt with an imprint of my butt and said "KISS MY A$$ PAYBAY" on it and sold that too. I was extremely pissed off with them. This was like 3 or 4 years ago when they first hiked up the prices.

Phil

Why do you need a store at all?

You can sell anything you want, in any quantity, without a store.

You don't even need a store to do a 30-day, BIN listing anymore.

-tet

Heh. Actually I don't sell under that ID anymore. At least not in the store. I use my friend's account and thus keep it anonymous. I do his Ebay listings and he lets me put my stuff in his store for free. I'd like to keep myself distanced from his account to mine. I can't afford an Ebay store. You literally need the medium store at $50 per month to get 5 cent per month listing rights. Else it's like 20 or 25 cents if you have the cheap store. Ebay has gotten ridiculous. I had an ebay store a long time ago. In fact I made my own trading card with a picture and sold a few before I closed my store. I also made a t-shirt with an imprint of my butt and said "KISS MY A$$ PAYBAY" on it and sold that too. I was extremely pissed off with them. This was like 3 or 4 years ago when they first hiked up the prices.

Phil

-tet

You don't, but BIN listings are $.50 instead of $.05. Big difference when you are dealing with lower priced items like relatively low priced atari stuff.

What is your E-Bay I.D.? I ask because you say that you sell at a reasonable price.

Good luck. LOL

eBay Seller: gpdcomics1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

;)

Heh. Actually I don't sell under that ID anymore. At least not in the store. I use my friend's account and thus keep it anonymous. I do his Ebay listings and he lets me put my stuff in his store for free. I'd like to keep myself distanced from his account to mine. I can't afford an Ebay store. You literally need the medium store at $50 per month to get 5 cent per month listing rights. Else it's like 20 or 25 cents if you have the cheap store. Ebay has gotten ridiculous. I had an ebay store a long time ago. In fact I made my own trading card with a picture and sold a few before I closed my store. I also made a t-shirt with an imprint of my butt and said "KISS MY A$ PAYBAY" on it and sold that too. I was extremely pissed off with them. This was like 3 or 4 years ago when they first hiked up the prices.

Phil

That's odd, I have had my ebay store for years. I pay $21.50 a month and listing fees are 5 cents. :ponder:

Why did you? Are you the part of the posting police?

The posting police, they live inside of my head.

The posting police, they come to me in my bed.

The posting police, they're coming to arrest me, oh no.

Tempest

That's funny. The only problem is now I'm going to have that song in my head all day..

That's odd, I have had my ebay store for years. I pay $21.50 a month and listing fees are 5 cents. :ponder:

You must have been grandfathered in or something because it is $49.95 a month now.

My bad, after all the changes, I looked at my last invoice. It was $15.95 and 20 cents listing fees. I was looking at my invoice wrong. :roll: I just have been messing around in my store the last year. I have thousands of items ready to list, Non games, :P but just haven't had the energy. HHW

It depends on how many items are in the store. If you have like 1000 items, you're talking $200+ per month, so the $50 store then works better. I seem to get better deals without a store. Like right now I can get free auction listings for the month, no matter what the starting price. So I'll put things in some time soon and if nothing sells, I lose nothing.

Phil

-tet

You don't, but BIN listings are $.50 instead of $.05. Big difference when you are dealing with lower priced items like relatively low priced atari stuff.

Ah, got it. Thanks :)

Also, if you had a lot of items listed (which would be appropriate for a Store) that would really add up.

-tet

What is your E-Bay I.D.? I ask because you say that you sell at a reasonable price.

Good luck. LOL

eBay Seller: gpdcomics1?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

;)

Heh. Actually I don't sell under that ID anymore. At least not in the store. I use my friend's account and thus keep it anonymous. I do his Ebay listings and he lets me put my stuff in his store for free. I'd like to keep myself distanced from his account to mine. I can't afford an Ebay store. You literally need the medium store at $50 per month to get 5 cent per month listing rights. Else it's like 20 or 25 cents if you have the cheap store. Ebay has gotten ridiculous. I had an ebay store a long time ago. In fact I made my own trading card with a picture and sold a few before I closed my store. I also made a t-shirt with an imprint of my butt and said "KISS MY A$ PAYBAY" on it and sold that too. I was extremely pissed off with them. This was like 3 or 4 years ago when they first hiked up the prices.

Phil

eBay changed the fee structure earlier this year. I am paying $50 a month for 5 cent listings. Are you sure that you are paying $21.50?

Good luck. LOL

;)

Phil

eBay changed the fee structure earlier this year. I am paying $50 a month for 5 cent listings. Are you sure that you are paying $21.50?

See post # 32

Ebay has been hiking fees for years. They always try to make it sound like they aren't, but in the end, they are getting more money out of the seller one way or another. It's like the government promising lots of things and then doing them in sneaky ways or ways you don't know about. You get screwed regardless in the end.

Phil

• Like 1

So, you are complaining about e-bayers who are using the system to try to low-ball you (it is an on-line flea market???), but you won't tell us the username you use (where you say you have fair prices), because you are playing the e-bay system to low-ball ebay?

desiv

• Like 1

So, you are complaining about e-bayers who are using the system to try to low-ball you (it is an on-line flea market???), but you won't tell us the username you use (where you say you have fair prices), because you are playing the e-bay system to low-ball ebay?

desiv

I wasn't complaining about the fact he tried to low ball me, it was the fact that we agreed upon a price beforehand and when I gave him the opportunity to make the offer at that price, he went and changed the deal. If you were the buyer and I had the game for $17 and you went ahead and contacted me and said, I'll offer you $12 and I agreed. I then went into my listing and put the option for best offer. You offered me the $12 and then I counter offered with $15, you wouldn't be pissed? You'd contact me and say, "we agreed on $12, why are you raising the price?" We'll it's the same thing. We agreed on $12 and then he lowered his offer.

When I put items with the best offer option, I welcome any offer. If I feel it is too low, I will make counteroffers and hopefully will come to a price we both agree. I come from a background where your word is your bond. I know it sounds old fashioned, but I'm honest. If I came on AA and went to the Marketplace thread and said I had Malagai for sale and am taking offers. After some offers, someone offers me say $500. I agree to take that price and tell the buyer that. The next day someone offers me $600. I don't go back to the $500 offer person and say, too bad, someone offered me more. I HONOR the AGREEMENT. Get it?

Phil

Edited by Philflound

It's not that I'm not sympathetic. (Well, I'm not, so maybe it is... )

It's just that, in buying on e-bay (...and I'd never do what that guy did. I don't haggle. I hate flea markets and such because when someone says "that's $10", I say "OK") there are some things I have learned to be wary about.

1: A seller who changes his account...

That's a red flag..

2: A seller who is "anonymous"..

It could just be that you don't want to get nailed for cheating the e-bay system or not???

But when I think about the sellers who are paying for their accounts, and then I hear complaints from someone who's playing the system..

To be honest, that's where I lose any sympathy...

I hear your story, and I hear someone (buyer) doing something cheap to get a lower price to someone (seller) who is doing something cheap to cheat e-bay.

But that's just me...

desiv

No, I work for a guy and he lets me put my stuff in his store. I do all of his listing, pictures, descriptions, etc. It's part of the deal for doing the work for him. There is no cheating. I have no idea what you are talking about. I pay listing fees and sale fees just the same. But since he has a big account, it works for me. It's too costly for me to have a store. I still have my account and I buy and sell on it all the time. In fact, I've had it for 12 years. I gave up my store a couple of years ago when it wasn't worth it for me to have it.

You have a right to not haggle. That's your prerogative. I guess you'll either pay the price or pass. You probably lose out on saving a few bucks or even acquiring deals because you pass up the opportunity to haggle. Your choice.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

Not sure why you would not want us to know your E-bay I.D. I for one would rather buy from an AtariAge guy, rather than some reseller. I guess you have your reasons.

Actually I'll be putting up lots of loose carts for a buck a piece hopefully by the end of the month. I'm in the process of testing everything and want to make some room in inventory. There will be the commons of course, but will also have some uncommon games too. I'll let you know when it happens.

Since I also have tons of extra boxed complete games, I may list them too at that time.

Phil

Not sure why you would not want us to know your E-bay I.D. I for one would rather buy from an AtariAge guy, rather than some reseller. I guess you have your reasons.

Actually I'll be putting up lots of loose carts for a buck a piece hopefully by the end of the month. I'm in the process of testing everything and want to make some room in inventory. There will be the commons of course, but will also have some uncommon games too. I'll let you know when it happens.

Since I also have tons of extra boxed complete games, I may list them too at that time.

Phil

Sounds good. I hope some of the ones I am looking for come up.