IGNORED

NEW REBOOT RELEASE: Jagtopia : Freeboot

sh3-rg

Please, produce 3 working links to download these 3 pieces of software greatness. I'd be genuinly interested to see how they accomplished it, and if it was the same way I did.

Exactly! CJ ;) :P :thumbsup: - lairdo is just hung over from a night of boozing and is foggy about this, please forgive his ignorance. (lol)

The_Laird said:

I am starting kind of flame war

Yes, You always are starting a flame war all the time over here; bitching about Reboot this and Reboot that- you're a trouble maker plain and simple.(why don't you consider staying over THERE where you have backup) ;) You better believe I am shoot my mouth off, at you, whenever you show your piss poor attitude at new releases that come up because you are a PURE GORF/TBird boy, why don't you tell us how you really feel about reboot's main coder rather than being TWO FACED,.. huh bud waht up???.

Only thing I know about a bypass cd is what Belboz put together but that was not for use on a CD it was for Skunk, although with ULS it may be able to be put on a CD but it won't have the CD_STOP call that's needed.

OK, laird, Man talk about shooting one's mouth off without the proper facts in hand! I am tired of you, so I'm calling you out - GIVE ME RIGHT NOW THE DOWNLOAD LINK WHERE I MAY DOWNLOAD A CD BYPASS DISC IMAGE COMPLETE WITH THE CD_STOP CALL, OK????????????????? OR TELL ME HOW TO RUN THE EXTREMIST PACKS' UNENCRYPTED BETAS WITH A MEMORY TRACK CART ON A REGULAR JAG, NO SOLDERING PLEASE.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 11

Not much point in me posting links to forums you are banned from, the mods have also asked that I not post links to these forums on here and I respect that.

Uh-huh! That's what I thought. That's a cop out. :roll:

PM me the link, then.....I'm waiting....

Edit: OK found it, Belboz did make one. However, this does not excuse your negativity at the one Reboot has made.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 9

You know nothing about me clearly judging by your comments, I would love you to point me to all these flame wars I have started :roll:

I personally had a chat with sh3-rg and invited him to come to JFUK, where he is still welcome. I have no problem with him at all, in fact I think he is a pretty spiffing guy and a very talented pixel artist. I even offered my help and advice with a few projects and pointed him in the direction of some people who can help him more. I think that is pretty positive myself. I have all the Reboot releases so far and I play them so I think you are well off the mark.

Not much point in me posting links to forums you are banned from, the mods have also asked that I not post links to these forums on here and I respect that.

Well you could have named the different solutions.

From what I know there are the B&C Bypass, BSG JUGS DD, Protector SE and they are all cartridge based.

Then you would have the method Robert was talking about.

Aside from that I don't know of any other an none that is CD based.

I know back in the day I would have welcomed such a solution because I was unable to save that Battlemorph Beta from the Extremist packs while BSG was in the cartridge port as bypass.

Now I don't have that anymore.

The only thing I couldd try are some discs I have that won't boot with BSG but then again I don't even know if they worked properly in the first place.

Maybe I'll try that someday.

Aside from that I don't see anything wrong with multiple solutions for the same problem even if it has been done before and would add nothing new. It doesn't even cost anything. We already have three cartridge based solutions for booting unencrypted software. Well now there is another one and it is one cd...alright. Nothing wrong with that.

Edit: While I typed came several further replies so I didn't know Belboz' utility for the skunk, so there is yet another one but still it occupies the cartridge slot.

Edited by PeterG
  • Like 4

Aside from that I don't see anything wrong with multiple solutions for the same problem even if it has been done before and would add nothing new. It doesn't even cost anything. We already have three cartridge based solutions for booting unencrypted software. Well now there is another one and it is one cd...alright. Nothing wrong with that.

I never had any problem with it and explained that and yes I agree this is a great thing for people who don't already have it :cool:

As I have said a few times I was just asking if this did anything the existing solutions do not :P

• Like 1

I didn't know Belboz' utility for the skunk, so there is yet another one but still it occupies the cartridge slot.

Yes, I just checked it and indeed it is a .ROM file (cdbypass.zip @ JS2) and so it is a .ROM file then that means ULS cannot handle it and thus it is only for cartridge slot for Skunk.

The_Laird:

So then the fact still remains that this release by Reboot presents something NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So tell us some more about how this has all been done B4?? (lol)...waiting... and still waiting for my Extremist Pack Un-Encrypted Betas Memory cart solution Please......

The_Laird said:

I was merely pointing out that this tool has been available for years
^Lol, This is totally wrong and absolutely incorrect.

The_Laird said:

I would love you to point me to all these flame wars I have started

You have participated in several flame wars started by Gorf/Tbird, you were fighting with them(on their side) and you loved it and made things worse and carried on and on. Moreover right after those you came here and started in with your attitude against Reboot. Your not necessarily a flame war starter but a big instigator. ;) I'm just getting tired of negative people like you and Gunstarhero.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 6

Just to clarify. The cdbypass I posted on JSII is not my creation. I forget where I found it. I have actually never even tried it. I might have got it from Glenn, but it is not my creation.

All the b.s. on here though is annoying, and all I have to say is this.

Congrats to Reboot on the release of Jagtopia. Anything released for the Jaguar is a plus. Jagtopia looks like it could be useful to people.

But I am disappointed with the attacks against tbird and the flames on the jagtopia website. I just don't see the point or value in it.

• Like 5

OOh crikey, I should have stayed at work :)

It's only a boot CD & skunk/BJL util, it's not meant to change the world or change our lives :D It'd be cool to find out if there have been other boot CDs, even if they were not publicly released, I love sheckign out old stuff from the Jaguar's past. From what CJ said this should have been a lot easier to make than it actually was in the end, so it would be good to see how other people got around the iffy BIOS calls he encountered. Ah, I just really enjoy archiving stuff & checking out intros on old releases, too, there's probably still loads of interesting thingies out there I've not even seen or heard of yet, if anyone has any old boot CDs they want to share, let me know :)

Personally, the boot CD will be useful to me as I can test stuff we're making in either machine now & have either my skunk or MT carts in as well... I pride myself on having the bet set-up I can for testing our little prods in as many ways as possible, this just helps a little bit more :) If anyone else can make some use out of it then that's cool!

• Like 10

But I am disappointed with the attacks against tbird and the flames on the jagtopia website. I just don't see the point or value in it.

It's probably got about the same point or value as all the reboot bashing he does from a site where we have no form of reply.

Go read the Reboot Interview thread that descended into the largest bout of Reboot bashing there has been for months. It might have something to do with that.

How disappointed were you with his comments there? Yea, thought so...

Enough with the jagudrama! If you want a CD booter, download it. If you want some drama, there's a forum better suited to your needs.

• Like 10

Please don't put words in my mouth. You have no idea my opinion on any subject.

I am disappointed in any bashing no matter the side. If you don't like someone or some group I see no value in posting it in public. Also the profanity laced name calling I find troubling.

As I said, congrats on the release. I am sure jagtopia will prove useful to people in the jag community.

It's probably got about the same point or value as all the reboot bashing he does from a site where we have no form of reply.

Go read the Reboot Interview thread that descended into the largest bout of Reboot bashing there has been for months. It might have something to do with that.

How disappointed were you with his comments there? Yea, thought so...

Enough with the jagudrama! If you want a CD booter, download it. If you want some drama, there's a forum better suited to your needs.

• Like 3

Hello Belboz, sorry to disapoint, but there is no Gorf/Tbird bashing going on here by me, I was merely stating that the_laird is always heavily involved their dev wars. In doing so he just makes things worse, I feel, by feeding into it.

Belboz, I don't want to be seen in bad light by you, because of the very high respect I have for you. But I am very tired of the dev wars and instigators like the_laird with WRONG information about this release which to my knowledge has not been done before.

I was not "shooting my mouth off without the proper facts" as laird claims, this is a new release and has not been done before. Laird need to know when he is wrong and when he is being negative.

That's it this subject is done, we don't need to waste our time because of the_laird's ignorance. Later. :)

Chicky, I hope you feel better soon. :)

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 2

Hello Belboz, sorry to disapoint, but there is no Gorf/Tbird bashing going on here by me

I was not addressing anything said in this forum. I was just talking about the info posted on the jagtopia website.

And also posting the info that I did not do a cdbypass ROM image that has been linked to me.

Please don't put words in my mouth. You have no idea my opinion on any subject.

I am disappointed in any bashing no matter the side. If you don't like someone or some group I see no value in posting it in public.

Oh OK, I must have missed your corresponding post over there in the Reboot bashing thread. Like Chicky said, this thread is for the discussion of Jagtopia, not jagudrama.

• Like 3

Not one word outside of the topic please or there will be consequences. I am unlocking this out of respect for people's hard work and continuing contributions to the Jaguar Community. There are many good peopel in this thread with a lot of talent that have been arguing with each other and that hurts everyone and makes no one look good let alone makes new peopel less likely to want to learn more.

If you have any issues with members take it private and invite a moderator to oversee the PM. Last warning.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Given that there was also a Binary for download I tried it with my Skunkboard. Unfortunatly I seem to have some cd's which just do not work. I had the same result as with my BSG cart. Just a black screen and the cd stopped spinning.So I guess they are faulty copies. It's not a big deal since I got some of that stuff like BIWN from other places again over the years but I always kept those discs since I did not have the heart to throw them away. Wish all the developers back then were like that ;-)

Just for the record. The program worked. Other unencrypted discs of mine booted just fine.

• Like 1

Given that there was also a Binary for download I tried it with my Skunkboard. Unfortunatly I seem to have some cd's which just do not work. I had the same result as with my BSG cart. Just a black screen and the cd stopped spinning.So I guess they are faulty copies. It's not a big deal since I got some of that stuff like BIWN from other places again over the years but I always kept those discs since I did not have the heart to throw them away. Wish all the developers back then were like that ;-)

Just for the record. The program worked. Other unencrypted discs of mine booted just fine.

That's a shame it didn't work for those discs. If it is legal to do so, how about you image them up with disc juggler & send them over so one of the guys can take a look & see if there is something to salvage? If it's unique stuff it'd be a shame to have it sit there if it was possible to save it.

Ok can't edit the post. Whatever just wanted to say that the bypass worked on two discs that weren't running before. I had made copies on different cdr brands and these work now.

So at least I could take a look at my own Caves of fear demo lol. Guess I'll never take a look again but, well it worked anyway ;-)

• Like 1

That's a shame it didn't work for those discs. If it is legal to do so, how about you image them up with disc juggler & send them over so one of the guys can take a look & see if there is something to salvage? If it's unique stuff it'd be a shame to have it sit there if it was possible to save it.

It's nothing unique, it was just unique for me many many years ago when there weren't as many betas and stuff released and available for the Jag. :-)So I was very happy to have something so special back then, but it never worked. ;-)

It's the caves of fear demo and BIWN Rev 18 so nothing gets lost there .:-)