IGNORED

NEW REBOOT RELEASE: Jagtopia : Freeboot

sh3-rg

Hey Reboot! Looks like a good solution that I was needing. I recently sold my copy of Protector SE and was needing a CD Bypass solution... for whenever I play with the Jaguar CD games again that aren't encypted.

Anyway thanks for releasing this!

• Like 2

Hey Reboot! Looks like a good solution that I was needing. I recently sold my copy of Protector SE and was needing a CD Bypass solution... for whenever I play with the Jaguar CD games again that aren't encypted.

Anyway thanks for releasing this!

Glad it's of use - I believe the Protector SE bypass leaves the Audio Mute flag set so anything that tries to output audio without clearing it manually will have no sound. Not sure if the other cart based bypass devices do this. Jagtopia will clear the flag so you get sound.

• Like 5

works for me, just tried it with my Soul Star beta :thumbsup:

If only Soulstar would have memory cart support...

I hate getting past that corrupted CPU Level.Without that I would play it much more often.

We need to find passwords for this game...

How do you get past the corrupt cd level.. never works for me I just fly through the gates.

Awesome release btw.. it works great for me as well.. I dont have a cd bypass but I do have two skunks but its a wast to load the cd by pass code into one of the two skunk banks when i can just burn a cheap 10cent cd for use over and over again.

Thanks again

• Like 2

re. my copy of SoulStar does not have corrupted graphics, funny thing is my version starts in the

warp ship, will have to capture some video of it one day. It is a shame that the game does not have

memory cart support. I did google for cheats but could not find any.

• Like 1

re. my copy of SoulStar does not have corrupted graphics, funny thing is my version starts in the

warp ship, will have to capture some video of it one day. It is a shame that the game does not have

O_O I'm sure if its the case you'll get a lot of interest :).

If its confirmed that you can play the whole game without bugs, please share the game with the community :)

• Like 1

works for me, just tried it with my Soul Star beta :thumbsup:

If only Soulstar would have memory cart support...

I hate getting past that corrupted CPU Level.Without that I would play it much more often.

We need to find passwords for this game...

How do you get past the corrupt cd level.. never works for me I just fly through the gates.

Awesome release btw.. it works great for me as well.. I dont have a cd bypass but I do have two skunks but its a wast to load the cd by pass code into one of the two skunk banks when i can just burn a cheap 10cent cd for use over and over again.

Thanks again

Don't know if this is a misundrstanding. You have to fly through the gates but it is in the level with the corrupted graphics. The game also tends to crash, so it is always quite difficult to get to the next level without losing too many lives etc. I found it rather annoying and this prevents me from playing this game more often.

@Neo: This sounds very very good. I and many other would love to have an uncorrupted version of Soulstar. For my part I can do without the first space levels so here you have another person interested if you should ever decide to release it. A video of it would we cool for sure but I rather play it myself ;-) (although I do understand if you keep it to yourself, so no pressure here:-))

@Neo: This sounds very very good. I and many other would love to have an uncorrupted version of Soulstar. For my part I can do without the first space levels so here you have another person interested if you should ever decide to release it. A video of it would we cool for sure but I rather play it myself ;-) (although I do understand if you keep it to yourself, so no pressure here:-))

I'll try to work on him ;) ATM though he's busy with Doom stuff, but if he wants us to we can help him look at his version & see what's what. Having two coders that are 1337 haxxors is always a bonus :P

• Like 2

I'll try to work on him ;) ATM though he's busy with Doom stuff, but if he wants us to we can help him look at his version & see what's what. Having two coders that are 1337 haxxors is always a bonus :P

no pressure on you guys, but this would be great! :)

@ neo rg -So if it starts in the warp ship then the game is not complete, yes? It would be really interesting if you had an uncorrupted copy, many people have said they did, but nobody has ever proven it even exists. If you could post a video or something it would really be cool buddy :)

If the corrupted level in question in the version everyone has is also present in the version that starts in the warpship then it might be possible to patch together a complete image.

Is this worth investigating?

Hell, YES! :lol:

A complete and uncorrupted version of Soulstar? Sign me in.

Although there is also a minor graphical glitch in one of the first space levels when you steer too far on the right side of the screen, some colours will change etc. but this can be avoided by not going to the right border of the screen. It's nothing too bad and not comparable to the complete messed up textures in the warship. It's a really good game, would be great to be able to play it properly. Thus far I only made it to the subwater level on hard difficulty and it was a bit too hard for me. Being able to reliably play on the lesser difficulty levels would go a long way on my enjoyment of this game.

well i have just purchased a usb capture device for my computer,

when it arrives i will record some video of soulstar when it goes

into attract mode, cycling through all the levels if you leave

it long enough. and maybe some fottage of me actually playing it.

If the corrupted level in question in the version everyone has is also present in the version that starts in the warpship then it might be possible to patch together a complete image.

Is this worth investigating?

Its something that has been suggested many times in the past

I understand neo has been working on this for some time

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/51898-soulstar-on-ebay/page__view__findpost__p__631308

Edited by Atari_Owl

Thanks buddy! I look forward to seeing your footage :)

Yes the attract mode actually shows that there is the complete game on the disc. There is also a later "3D" level like the mothership level or the underwater level with a walker in an inside scenario but I never got that far.

I mean it would be great if a fully working version could be made at last :)

Edit: Thats not meant to sound like rushing people or complaining about time - goodness knows i'm taking time myself on AOP. I just mean its nice that things are still being worked on.

Edited by Atari_Owl

• 4 weeks later...

Had a rare day off work so decided to make one of these for Neo, as he's a sick collector :P ... then other people started putting their hands up so I made us all one :D

jagtopia.jpg

It goes well with the Beebris release we made earlier this year... we'll have to do a blue release next to complete the RGB set :)

• Like 6