IGNORED

looking for a CF7

lucifershalo

I'm thinking your best bet would be a CF7 device with 2 carts--- EA and XB. The large majority of TI programs are not written to run from cartridge, so it would be just about impossible to run them from the cartridge port. With the CF7 device, you can run DSK versions (Kracked carts) of cartridge games as well as all disk-based games. This would be easy--- as you simply load up your CF card with all the stuff you have/want and go to town. They are currently 40-50 bucks on eBay if you can find them--- great device and just as easy to load with programs as any USB flashcart. Meanwhile, Jon's 64k boards can be hacked up to 512k--- I have one of these large multi-carts and it has about 60 cartridges on it. The documentation on how to do this can be found on http://www.hexbus.com

happy hunting!!

ok I saw pictures of that CF7 device

is it plugging to the computer via the expansion port?

what are the 2 carts EA and XB , that you are talking about?

Yes.

The majority of existing TI software will run in either TI Basic (built into the console), using the TI Extended Basic (XB) cartridge or the Editor/Assembler (EA) cartridge.

:)

Yep, the CF7+ is the best you can get. Unfortunately we don't have a menu software similar to the atarimax cartridge.

I've been thinking about building something like that. I mean a 8K or 16K ROM image that we can put on a Jon Guidry cart.

This ROM image would act as the menu software. We've got plenty of space on the CF7+ flashcard, combined with 32K of RAM

we could have many features like game selection via screenshots, manuals, etc.

The actual games or programs would be on the flash card. Combine that with a PC software for generating

the flashcard DISK images, screenshots, manuals and we would really be rolling :D

so you need those 2 carts to make the CF7 work....

how do you know which one to plug?

you try one and if it doesnt work, you try the other one? :ponder:

Well, even if the majority of TI software runs in Basic, XB or EA, it not necessarily the most popular software. The game cartridges has an advantage of loading almost instantly. I believe many cartridges have been made as EA programs to fit on disk and therefore also working when stored in the CF7. There will be a loading time though.

If you get a bunch of disks (or just one disk with many games/programs), there might be readme file on there. A file called load indicates XB (either for one of the games, or hopefully a menu system for the disk).

As far as the CF7 goes, I am considering doing another contest and offering another CF7 as the grand prize. I will probably keep a similar format--- limits on line numbers and data statements.... I am considering a few interesting twists this time around, though.... :)

Hi Opry99er, a new contest would maybe bring back some activity on the forum after this summer (guess most of us are in the northern hemisphere). May I suggest several consecutive contests each running at least one month. Maybe something like this:

• XB 15 line mini demo
  • XB 30 line mini game
  • XB demo 15 line, 5 data and 1 subroutine with any number of character definitions
  • XB game 30 line, 10 data and 1 subroutine with any number of character definitions
  • EA3/5/ROM 2K demo
  • EA3/5/ROM 4K game

The sub with character definitions are only allowed to use CALL CHAR. No other funny stuff.

Maybe I could have some sort of Music tool ready for XB.

Hi all, new here. Just returned to the TI99/4a after 20 some years. Anyway, I would like to get one of these CF7+ units to mess with. No listing on Ebay for now, can I get the sellers eBay info so I can keep an eye for one? Thanks all for any help. :( Had most of the TI items back in the 80s and gave it all up to goodwill a long time ago. Now I'm trying get it all back.

Edited by AA737

Hi all, new here. Just returned to the TI99/4a after 20 some years. Anyway, I would like to get one of these CF7+ units to mess with. No listing on Ebay for now, can I get the sellers eBay info so I can keep an eye for one? Thanks all for any help. :( Had most of the TI items back in the 80s and gave it all up to goodwill a long time ago. Now I'm trying get it all back.

Hi AA737!

First of all, welcome to our Atariage group. You'll probably find a lot of interesting stuff here ;)

You also might want to check out the top thread (Development Resources sticky thread) as it has a reference to the TI-FAQ on Ninerpedia.

Now to your question: His ebay seller name is schmutzig1952. Just recently he had a CF7+ with serial connection up for sale.

It went in a split second. Apparently he is working on a new batch of those. Note that the device now is called

"nanoPEB" instead of CF7+. Look at ebay article 200505522099 for some pictures.

Good luck!

Hi AA737!

First of all, welcome to our Atariage group. You'll probably find a lot of interesting stuff here ;)

You also might want to check out the top thread (Development Resources sticky thread) as it has a reference to the TI-FAQ on Ninerpedia.

Now to your question: His ebay seller name is schmutzig1952. Just recently he had a CF7+ with serial connection up for sale.

It went in a split second. Apparently he is working on a new batch of those. Note that the device now is called

"nanoPEB" instead of CF7+. Look at ebay article 200505522099 for some pictures.

Good luck!

I just checked a disk with Centipede and Defender, but I guess they actually need Superspace cartridge to run. The games files are 8K ROM dumps.

:|

The Atari dumps I have seen (with a couple of exceptions) require a special loader (the Atari cracked screen) but they are all dumped and hacked to run in memex. Perhaps this forum needs a file repository if there is not one all ready...

The Atari dumps I have seen (with a couple of exceptions) require a special loader (the Atari cracked screen) but they are all dumped and hacked to run in memex. Perhaps this forum needs a file repository if there is not one all ready...

I have the full original assembly "source code" to that (cough) "special loader" needed to get around Atari's simple protection on the dumps.

I have the full original assembly "source code" to that (cough) "special loader" needed to get around Atari's simple protection on the dumps.

Any chance I could get a copy?

Any chance I could get a copy?

No problem, I is on my list of stuff to "recover", I gone thru all my disks, and archives, and only exists in a binder now of printouts, so I going to busy myself later this weekend in typing it back in, and double-checking the code. -- Will keep everyone posted regarding this. -- This discussion regarding "Atari dumps/loader" should be moved to a new thread!