IGNORED

Super Circus AtariAge (new WIP)

PacManPlus

THANKS GUYS

Paddle Version Attached :D

Update:

- All three controller types are supported (though this attachment only has paddle)

- 'G' added which "kind of" increases gravity - in actuality it moves the pointer to the next bounce index after the clown hits the Teeter-Totter (the next faster one)

- 'D'rop removed. Progressive mode was too difficult :(

Hoping for some clown graphics soon :) Not using the stick figures for this version.

Need to implement bonus round (which I guess will only be available for the game selection that allows for all three balloon rows to be popped before being replaced).

Bob

• Like 2

Circus is one of those quirky weird little games that grows on you. I love the idea of a 7800 version and the fact that you've gotten paddles to work means I'll probably buy this game when it comes out on a cart.

You asked for suggestions. I'd suggest taking advantage of the extra power of the 7800 to add some fun stuff. Perhaps some level intro music? Or the occasional animated intermission? You know, quirky animations akin to Pac Man that might give a little more character to the clowns. They wouldn't even have to be that complex, just something fun to spice up the game between levels like an arcade game might.

Anyhow, Since this is going to be a game with pokey sound, I assume it'll be expansion compatible? Will it require the expansion or will you program it to "recognize" the expansion and revert to TIA sound if it's not available? I'm just curious on this. I suppose making it expansion required might drive up the desirability of getting the thing.

Edited by Lendorien

Given that this is a 7800 game, I definitely prefer to see clowns that are better rendered than just a couple of stick figures. I realize that original game had stick figures but I see no reason not to take advantage of the 7800's capabilities. So, I'm looking forward to seeing the improved characters. :)

Thanks guys - I'm waiting on one person who said he would try his hand at the clown shapes for me. :)

The above posted binary is a paddle release. I hadn't thought about this earlier; does either emulator (MESS or ProSystem) emulate paddles for the 7800?

Thanks, Bob

Thanks guys - I'm waiting on one person who said he would try his hand at the clown shapes for me. :)

The above posted binary is a paddle release. I hadn't thought about this earlier; does either emulator (MESS or ProSystem) emulate paddles for the 7800?

Thanks, Bob

No, because until now, no paddle 7800 games existed.

I would love to see Pole Position II hacked to use paddles, or driving controllers.

• Like 2

Same exact thing happened to my Western Digital hard drive last year, also only a few years old. Glad you were able to get everything back!

Here's my recent collection of dead WD drives (2 TB's worth). Been thinking of an art project. Haven't had any Hitachi, Seagate, or Samsung fail yet that I currently have in use.

post-4263-128216983537_thumb.jpg

I'm using MESS, and now the see-saw won't move at all left or right, just swaps places on the board.

Since the game works on real hardware its a problem with the emulator. Try the game out in ProSystem.

Control doesn't respond in Pro System either. Was fine until the "paddle" update.

I guess none of the 7800 emulators support paddles. :(

The next update will have the choice, as I will do the title screen and the select screen.

Thanks,

Bob

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but you could also make it selectable using the difficulty switch. That's pretty intuitive and makes it easy to change mid-game, but of course you'll get tons of people asking "why don't my controls work?"

If you do it that way, the current setting should still be shown on the title screen.

Edited by gdement