IGNORED

was Road Blaster any good?

ComputerSpaceFan

I see on Toucharcade someone is bringing the old laser disc game Road Blaster to the iPhone soon.

I never played it back in the day, was it good? I was a huge fan of Dragon's Lair, Cliff Hanger and particularly Cobra Command way back when, in fact I have the iPhone versions of DL and CC and absolutely love them.

Having said that, these laser disc games take up a lot of space on my iPhone so adding a third is something I am not sure of doing, especially since I never played the Road Blaster game originally.

Anyone care to comment / recommend Road Blaster? Should I sacrifice some room on the device for it when it comes out?

Honestly, having played both the Sega CD and Laseractive versions, I would say they both were horrible back in the day... and they couldn't have aged well. Adding also, that despite the fact that these types of games are a pain, Dragons Lair and Space Ace kept me coming back (from the dead) to try again and again. Where as Road Avenger didn't offer enough fun to make the repetition worth the while.

AX

I see on Toucharcade someone is bringing the old laser disc game Road Blaster to the iPhone soon.

I never played it back in the day, was it good? I was a huge fan of Dragon's Lair, Cliff Hanger and particularly Cobra Command way back when, in fact I have the iPhone versions of DL and CC and absolutely love them.

Having said that, these laser disc games take up a lot of space on my iPhone so adding a third is something I am not sure of doing, especially since I never played the Road Blaster game originally.

Anyone care to comment / recommend Road Blaster? Should I sacrifice some room on the device for it when it comes out?

Road Blasters was God awful in my opinion, but it is easily converted to Marble Madness which is an awesome game.

Edited by ericwierson

Road Blasters was God awful in my opinion, but it is easily converted to Marble Madness which is an awesome game.

Road Blaster AKA Road Avenger is a far different game than Roadblasters, the shooting racer from Atari.

AX

Off by a s.

Road Blaster AKA Road Avenger is a far different game than Roadblasters, the shooting racer from Atari.

AX

Like quite a few other FMV games, I thought Road Avenger was actually fun the first time through. After that, it's pretty much the same thing again and again, maybe with a change in reflex requirements if you crank the difficulty. There's not much in terms of replay value asides from that, it's basically the same "movie" every time you play it.

If you still get a kick out of Cobra Command, you may enjoy this one. Same concept and execution, except there is no shooting involved.

RoadBlasters the arcade machine from Atari was AWESOME! I played that game almost every day in college as I would stop by the union for a break inbetween classes. The version ported to the Atari Lynx is also very well done, although more difficult to control.

I don't know if we are talking about the same game.

RoadBlasters the arcade machine from Atari was AWESOME! I played that game almost every day in college as I would stop by the union for a break inbetween classes. The version ported to the Atari Lynx is also very well done, although more difficult to control.

I don't know if we are talking about the same game.

Nope, different game. RoadblasterS and Road Blaster better known in the USA as Road Avenger.

AX