IGNORED

Is there a printable checklist around for 2600 games

BenG76

Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I would like to find a list for Atari 2600 games that basically has the name of the game and a box to check. I use NA to track my NES collection but I have been unable to find something similar for 2600. I have been using a copy of Video Game Trader magazine but sometimes the person selling asks me what the book says its worth. I have had a few dealers at flea markets bump the price up I believe due to this. I have so many games now I cant keep them staright in my mind and I really need a list to go by.

I know it's time consuming, but you may want to type in the games in MS Word or Excel or even Access if you know how to do it. I use all of those programs for various aspects of my collecting. I bring my MS Word document with me when I buy stuff. It's actually the games I'm missing versus all the games ever made. If you have a lot of games, it's easier to put the ones down you don't have.

Phil

Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I would like to find a list for Atari 2600 games that basically has the name of the game and a box to check. I use NA to track my NES collection but I have been unable to find something similar for 2600. I have been using a copy of Video Game Trader magazine but sometimes the person selling asks me what the book says its worth. I have had a few dealers at flea markets bump the price up I believe due to this. I have so many games now I cant keep them staright in my mind and I really need a list to go by.

Check out http://www.rfgeneration.com/

It's got a collection management system. It seems fairly complete and includes homebrews. I'm not sure how complete it really is, but the neat part is it crosses many dozens of game systems from all over the world. An excellent place to catalog one's complete game collection.

But more importantly, it also includes printable lists. http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/checklists.php

Edited by Lendorien
  • Like 1

My entire inventory for most of the systems I own I have in MS Access. Then I can choose formats as to what to list. I put a separate list of games I need boxes and or instructions for pulling them out of the main video game list. I also created a query for missing games in general. But I keep my missing games in MS Word and just erase them as I acquire them in the computer and cross them off on my list. When you collect tons of systems, it's better not to show what you own. I personally have well over 2000 games for like 35 systems, and typing in every game for each one of those systems, I'd be carrying my own book.

My binder also includes comic books I'm missing along with Star Wars books, Dean Koontz books, Time Life books of series that I want, trading cards, and some other things. So I have many lists. :)

Phil

...When you collect tons of systems, it's better not to show what you own. I personally have well over 2000 games for like 35 systems, and typing in every game for each one of those systems, I'd be carrying my own book.
I have 4200+ games and it fits on 13 pages, and I've never had any problem from showing it. In fact, it starts a lot of interesting conversations.

post-19903-128192303513_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Surprised no one's mentioned this:

http://my.execpc.com/~krieg/links/2600.carts

This is the site I first got several lists off of, years before Wikipedia and the like even existed. Perfectly designed as a checklist for cart/instructions/box as well, for those that track that sort of thing. I've actually found his rarities to be sometimes more accurate than AA or other sites as well - and sometimes he's REALLY off. I suspect I'm picking up on regional market variations after so many years of collecting.

• Like 1

All I did was went to Atari age 2600 section and highlighted the columns I wanted and pasted them into Excel. That way even the hyperlinks come across. Then you can manipulate the data anyway you want.

Actually I did same, but to a text file that I printed and keep like an accordion of 3 letter sheets for fast checking :)

Surprised no one's mentioned this:

http://my.execpc.com/~krieg/links/2600.carts

This is the site I first got several lists off of, years before Wikipedia and the like even existed. Perfectly designed as a checklist for cart/instructions/box as well, for those that track that sort of thing. I've actually found his rarities to be sometimes more accurate than AA or other sites as well - and sometimes he's REALLY off. I suspect I'm picking up on regional market variations after so many years of collecting.

Wow! very nice list, good idea to order by manufacturer. Just I've noted I'm lacking 7 Parker Brothers in my collection :-o

When I was still actively collecting, I plugged everything I had into a SQL Database. Then I ran a query that output simple HTML pages that I published to a freebie website to browse from my phone. Worked most of the time. Might have been smarter to push the file directly to my phone in case I didn't have good signal.

• 1 year later...

All I did was went to Atari age 2600 section and highlighted the columns I wanted and pasted them into Excel. That way even the hyperlinks come across. Then you can manipulate the data anyway you want.

Great idea! It's a bit cumbursome keeping all the link info, but it's totally invaluable! Thanks for the tip!