IGNORED

HSC7 Game 14: Frogger II:Threedeep!

Frogger II:Threedeep!

One of my all time favourites, if you've not played this one before you're in for a treat, this has got to be the best frogger ever!

Lots of in game bonuses: bubbles on the first screen, lilly pads on the 2nd and flies(?) on the third. Be sure to go for the super bonus by getting all the lilly pads. A nice feature that you can go to any screen and fall into the water to get back to the start. So go for the harder ones first and use the first screen for when you get in trouble. Jump on the mother duck's back to get to the thrid screen. Hmm maybe that's too many hints given away too soon... naah :)

atarimania has ROM version, fandal has XEX version

Game Closes on Sunday 29th August 10am BST

Atarimania rating 7.9

I've recently added a new thread "Other games you are playing".

If you post on other parts of atariage please put a HSC ad on your signature to entice more players :thumbsup:

Fun game. 21287. More to come.

Sorry I missed out on Missile Command. I was looking forward to that one. Just ended up with no Atari access for the same two weeks.

Yeah, yeah, we've heard that excuse before. You got the worst score so you're just going to practice up and wait for the "make-up" round where you can beat the top scorers and get the extra HSC points. So that would get you 5 points instead of 1.

Sorry I missed out on Missile Command. I was looking forward to that one. Just ended up with no Atari access for the same two weeks.

Yeah, yeah, we've heard that excuse before. You got the worst score so you're just going to practice up and wait for the "make-up" round where you can beat the top scorers and get the extra HSC points. So that would get you 5 points instead of 1.

Paranoid much?

Paranoid much?

Come on, you ruined the joke by not letting him answer.

I'm not quite sure what i'm doing in this game. I can't figure out the 3rd screen.

I'll have to go to Youtube and see if they have any Frogger II gameplay footage.

This game is alot more advanced than the first Frogger.

Ribbit, Ribbit :) ;)

try holding the stick up (no not in the air, well sort of ;) ) didn't you know frogs can bounce :?: :!:

30,615 52,607 1 berth short of beating level 4, serious pressue got to me :-o

post-19705-128190282231_thumb.jpg

Ok, 8129, but how do you get up to the third screen?

That hint was already given: Jump on the back of the mother duck. If you are sitting on the baby ducks when she comes, you will die. So be one line higher or lower and jump on her back. In heaven Berth will have fun jumping. :-)

There is a video clip of the Atari 800XL version of Frogger 2 Threedeep on youtube. :)

Here's the link :)

What does that link show-- how to die in Frogger 2 ?

I'm stuck at level 1: how do I get past the boat given there's already a frog there in the tube? What objects can kill you? It seems I'm going right through some fish but not others.

post-16716-128190692147_thumb.jpg

I'm stuck at level 1: how do I get past the boat given there's already a frog there in the tube? What objects can kill you? It seems I'm going right through some fish but not others.

You can´t pass the boat. To go to screen 3 you need to jump on the back of the mother duck. As mentioned above.

You can´t pass the boat. To go to screen 3 you need to jump on the back of the mother duck. As mentioned above.

Okay, but how do you bounce; it seems sometimes it bounces high and sometimes low. Is it on its own?

post-16716-128191060379_thumb.jpg

What objects can kill you? It seems I'm going right through some fish but not others.

The friendly fish don't have menacing teeth :D

23169-- first time playing. Seems in level 3, the "hippos" killed me.

The hippos shake you off so time it well, the sharks are friendly too :grin: Think I've been up to level 6 before so gonna try and make level 7 as a target by the end of the comp.

What objects can kill you? It seems I'm going right through some fish but not others.

The friendly fish don't have menacing teeth :D

23169-- first time playing. Seems in level 3, the "hippos" killed me.

The hippos shake you off so time it well, the sharks are friendly too :grin: Think I've been up to level 6 before so gonna try and make level 7 as a target by the end of the comp.

Yeah, I see sharks taking you for a dip in the demo that runs but I haven't gotten there yet. Very colorful game though like Frogger I. They make good use of DLIs and multi-colored sprites.

post-12094-128206887696_thumb.jpg