IGNORED

Anyone delt with Back in the day Arcades?

iratanam

No room atm for a Full Sized Aracde Machine so I been searching around. I came upon www.backinthedayarcades.com and I was looking at the Classic Tabletop Multi-Arcade Unit (http://www.backinthedayarcades.com/Classic_Multi-Arcades.html - unit is about midway down the page) they have for $799. Table Top unit with 64 Classic Games that you get to choose the Beezel and side art, Joystick and Button Colors etc. I ASS/U/ME that this has to be a MAME Cabinet but they don't list the specs of the system that is/would be powering it. Sent an email yesterday asking them and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Is it worth it or just a rip-off?

Regards,

Kenny

No room atm for a Full Sized Aracde Machine so I been searching around. I came upon www.backinthedayarcades.com and I was looking at the Classic Tabletop Multi-Arcade Unit (http://www.backinthedayarcades.com/Classic_Multi-Arcades.html - unit is about midway down the page) they have for $799. Table Top unit with 64 Classic Games that you get to choose the Beezel and side art, Joystick and Button Colors etc. I ASS/U/ME that this has to be a MAME Cabinet but they don't list the specs of the system that is/would be powering it. Sent an email yesterday asking them and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Is it worth it or just a rip-off?

Regards,

Kenny

It is actually $1799. I have never heard of them before, I would go with a multicade. They play true to the original, as far as I am concerned.

I'd rather build my own MAME machine, but if I don't want to bother with setting it all up:

http://www.jammapart...1940-in-1-.html

$300 bucks has 1940 games. Works in a standard JAMMA arcade cabinet, which you may be able to find cheap. Also supports 3/4 player with adapter.

Edited by yuppicide

Says $799 on my screen. The one all the way at the bottom.

It is actually $1799. I have never heard of them before, I would go with a multicade. They play true to the original, as far as I am concerned.

Yes, you are right. I need glasses. Anyway, if it plays true to the original games it is a pretty good deal.

Build your own table top unit.

Almost always cheaper, you learn alot about all kinds of fun things as you go, and you get exactly what you want.

I am painfully close to finishing my full size unit and I'm super happy. It took me longer then I wanted, but it is so worth it!

If you haven't looked into this, or if you want some help with getting started I'm sure there are tons of people here to help or send me a PM and I'll help with links and advice from first hand trail and error.

Have you any pictures of your project? I want to start mine within the next year. I hope anyway :P

I didn't really take pictures of the project. I have one of two pics of the machine before I started to re-work it. (Started with a very old Neo Geo cabby. Had to be resurfaced and squared up and all, but saved me time building the basics) The pictures I do have are not great as I took them with my Black Berry to just to send to a friend to let him know I was doing this after much talk.

I'll post the few pics I have later tonight when I get home, and I'll post some pics of where I'm at now when I get home to take them. I promise it isn't anything too fancy, but man I do love having it.