IGNORED

Could this be the biggest score ever in one shot?

eightbit

I picked up about 300 (I believe) Atari 2600 games tonight from a private local seller. Not anybody special, just someone out of a newspaper ad. Look at the pictures of everything acquired in the one haul! I think this may have been my luckiest day ever in scoring. I really don't like to devulge what I paid, but rest assured it was WAY less than what some of these carts are worth! (And yes, I started wrapping the ones I found to be "rare") ;)

• Like 3

Thanks! I was not so much a 2600 collector before this (I have been avidly working on the 5200, 7800 and Lynx for some time) but I guess an instant collection with multiple rares is a good start :) Still not sure if I am going to keep all of it or not just yet. The wife is on me to sell some, but damn, whenever am I going to have the chance to get something like THIS again?

The guy who sold them to me was a really nice guy, just didn't know much about games. He said that he would have tried to sell them individually but would probably only get 40-50 cents each for them anyway ;)

There's also a silver label "Gravitar" in there as well as a few more CommaVid games.

I still can't believe it myself. I was really expecting what I have found over the years. You know, a bunch of pac-men and combat carts...or a bunch of semi-commons that stunk of cigarette smoke and looked like they were out in the mud for years ;) But no, more amazingly than all of the rarities, the games are all clean as a whistle. Everything I have tested thus far works first shot. This must have been a serious collector...with all of the rares and the Atari Club exclusives. Just odd how the guy thought the rarest title in the mix was "Kool Aid Man" ;)

Was that the complete haul? I wonder how or why someone would have all of those unique titles with no manuals, no starpath, no hardware? I just scrolled through the pictures, there are tons of valuable carts in there. I would say it is $500-$1000 worth, if not $1500 or more.

Was that the complete haul? I wonder how or why someone would have all of those unique titles with no manuals, no starpath, no hardware? I just scrolled through the pictures, there are tons of valuable carts in there. I would say it is $500-$1000 worth, if not $1500 or more.

Yeah, I know. No manuals, no starpath, no systems. The guy said he sold off his systems long ago. But without the games? Just odd...but I am not complaining. I will only complain if I end up waking up in a few hours and find out it was all a dream!

Yeah, I know. No manuals, no starpath, no systems. The guy said he sold off his systems long ago. But without the games? Just odd...but I am not complaining. I will only complain if I end up waking up in a few hours and find out it was all a dream!

The only thing I could think of is if the person had an Atari 7800, or a module from an Intellivision II, Colecovision, or a Atari 5200 at the time the 2600 system was sold and was still interest in playing 2600 games.

I think the seller that sold eightbit the games wasn't a collector at one time and got a rid of the manuals as a result. That seller is no different than the sellers at flea markets from 1988 to 1992 when I was an Elementary School/Middle School student. Those sellers from that time period didn't sell games with manuals.

Edited by 8th lutz

You may be right. There were about a half dozen common Colecovision carts (Looping, DK Jr. and so on) in the mix that I omitted from the pics. Nothing spectacular there, but could be quite possible that he had the expansion module. There are some others with missing labels (some Zimag titles) as well that I left out of the pics.