IGNORED

Atari carts and MEMEX loader....

marc.hull

As per Gary's suggestion here's the thread for the Atari cart loader discussion. I would be nice to be able load the carts from RAM DISK or even hard drive and avoid the DSK load time. Thanks for taking the time to type it back in. BTW how is it that you have a listing but not a file?

Memex Loader? Interesting. The loader on the image in my library is the YLOAD loader - not much special there outside of some limitations in the DSR scan. I disassembled and commented the code; I believe I uploaded it to SWPB a while back as part of the discussion/work to build a better EA5 file loader.

Anyway, I've attached the disk image with carts. Change the extension back to DSK after downloading.

Oh...and if hard drive loading is desired, it would probably take adjusting the filename PAB to accommodate a longer filename, and adjusting the CRU scan routine to pick up the proper peripheral card.

ATARISFT.ZIP

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 1

BTW Marc, I bought a cheap CF reader at Wal Mart for 13 bucks.... Works flawlessly. :) Finally got to play Freddy and a bunch of other games on the real deal when I got the reader. :) Id be happy to send you one if it'll get you going on your CF7.

Well actually I happen to be one of the lucky ones with a SCSI card and a couple of flashcards connected to it so I really have no need for the CF7 device. I should probably pass it on to someone who needs it but I'd like to keep it just in case :o. It's a shame it can't be used with a PEB in tow but I guess it was designed as a PEB replacement. What would be really neat is if it were redesigned with a true directory structure as well as a pass through for a PEB.

Memex Loader? Interesting. The loader on the image in my library is the YLOAD loader - not much special there outside of some limitations in the DSR scan. I disassembled and commented the code; I believe I uploaded it to SWPB a while back as part of the discussion/work to build a better EA5 file loader.

Anyway, I've attached the disk image with carts. Change the extension back to DSK after downloading.

Oh...and if hard drive loading is desired, it would probably take adjusting the filename PAB to accommodate a longer filename, and adjusting the CRU scan routine to pick up the proper peripheral card.

I am familiar with the one you are talking about. I assume it was the one on the MFM hard drive you sent a couple of years ago??? There is another that runs as an E/A 3 (or is it 5) menu program that does the same thing just not from XB. It has a blue screen and when you make a selection the Atari logo cracks. Are these one in the same just with different window dressing and environments?

Last CF7 post--- as it's mostly unrelated to the topic:

Jamie just designed the nano PEB.... It's essentially the CF7 with an rs232 rather than a printer output. It can't piggy back a PEB, but it CAN do serial transfer files to<--->from PEB or PC. As far as a directory structure, it's customizable... You have 3 DSK drives, pretty much, but you can set them up however you want... I have some super-DSK images on one CF card including just about everything from the TI Gameshelf and a spreadsheet that keeps track of everything. Only issue is that some of the games are autoload games and the LOAD program contains some important CALL INITs and such. I have a super DSK image of the Infocom games as well. Love my CF7. :)

I am familiar with the one you are talking about. I assume it was the one on the MFM hard drive you sent a couple of years ago??? There is another that runs as an E/A 3 (or is it 5) menu program that does the same thing just not from XB. It has a blue screen and when you make a selection the Atari logo cracks. Are these one in the same just with different window dressing and environments?

wow, I had forgotten all about the version with the cracks. I haven't seen that in years... decades maybe... I feel old now. ;)-

wow, I had forgotten all about the version with the cracks. I haven't seen that in years... decades maybe... I feel old now. ;)-

Ahem... I was under the impression that this was a young mans group. If your over 30 perhaps you would feel more comfortable with the geriatrics over on the Yahoo (with the dash) group ;-).... Thank god I'm still only 27 (or so....)

Ahem... I was under the impression that this was a young mans group. If your over 30 perhaps you would feel more comfortable with the geriatrics over on the Yahoo (with the dash) group ;-).... Thank god I'm still only 27 (or so....)

:rolling:

I did type "feel old", ya curmudgeon. :dunce:

Uhoh.. do I have to modify my birth certificate to avoid being kicked out? I can get pretty grumpy in my old age. ;)

Uhoh.. do I have to modify my birth certificate to avoid being kicked out? I can get pretty grumpy in my old age. ;)

Well yea duh you old fart. Where ya been lately, haven't seen ya on the the airwaves? Nursing home shutting down early in the summer months ? ;-)

As per Gary's suggestion here's the thread for the Atari cart loader discussion. I would be nice to be able load the carts from RAM DISK or even hard drive and avoid the DSK load time. Thanks for taking the time to type it back in. BTW how is it that you have a listing but not a file?

sorry wrong thread....

Edited by marc.hull

Well yea duh you old fart. Where ya been lately, haven't seen ya on the the airwaves? Nursing home shutting down early in the summer months ? ;-)

All the nurses got into this new fangled World of WarBeasts or something, bunch of friggin' cows running around with axes, I don't know. In my day we had a yellow block, and that was Indiana Jones, and the green block was a snake, and that was all the gameplay we needed! And Facepage! What the heck? Bunch of tiny one-liners from every moron on the planet squeezed between a bunch of lame pixel games that make our own TI MOTIF look like a $10M blockbuster! Couldn't even get near the computer for the interwebs.

I've been pretty busy working for Neato Robotics on the next generation cleaner... hacking low level all day leaves me pretty satisfied so I haven't been doing much at home. That's due to end in another 3 weeks so hopefully I can get back to the hobby stuff! :)