IGNORED

Working Galaxian binary for 128-1/SD multi-cart

Yurkie

I was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem I am having with trying to play Galaxian on both the 128-1 and the New SD Multi-cart.

I have tried the binary from several different sources and can't seem to find one that works properly. After playing 2 or 3 rounds in a 2 Player game, I will either get large vertical white lines, a long string of extra ships or sometimes the whole screen is filled with multi colored boxes.

I would really appreciate if someone could send me a working binary of Galaxian. I do own the cartridge, but with the new SD, I would rather not take it out of the console unless I want to play a homebrew.

The problem I am having with the game Galaxian is isolated, all other games work great. I have tried the same binaries in multiple console and have never been able to get it to play properly.

Thanks in advance.

sorry for not seeing the problem in your first post, don't know how i didn't see it...

Sent you 2 roms see if they work for ya.

Like I said in the e-mail I have 4 more roms but they are marked as bad dumps.

Thank You very much Mark.

I am curious if anyone has had a problem with playing Galaxian on the Multi-Carts. It could very well be a 2 player only issue. My girlfriend and I love playing this together in 2 player mode and I have never been able to find a rom that doesn't malfunction after a few levels. Hopefully with the help of several nice memebers sending me the binary I will be able to get a working one.

sorry for not seeing the problem in your first post, don't know how i didn't see it...

I am curious if anyone has had a problem with playing Galaxian on the Multi-Carts. It could very well be a 2 player only issue. My girlfriend and I love playing this together in 2 player mode and I have never been able to find a rom that doesn't malfunction after a few levels. Hopefully with the help of several nice memebers sending me the binary I will be able to get a working one.

OK - I have dumped my Galaxian cart. Comparing it to one the one that is freely avalable on the net the binary is quite different towards the LAST 8k. There are three different bytes in the middle of the file as well. So, the binary that is in the wild is most certainly quite different to my official release cart. PM me if you'd like a copy.

There's also a nice message from the programmer in the roms. Not sure if/when this is displayed when running the game.

"GRAPHICS AND PROGRAM BY JAMES D. EISENSTEIN 08/11/83 DEDICATED TO THE ONE I LOVE"

• Like 2

OK - I have dumped my Galaxian cart. Comparing it to one the one that is freely avalable on the net the binary is quite different towards the LAST 8k. There are three different bytes in the middle of the file as well. So, the binary that is in the wild is most certainly quite different to my official release cart. PM me if you'd like a copy.

There's also a nice message from the programmer in the roms. Not sure if/when this is displayed when running the game.

"GRAPHICS AND PROGRAM BY JAMES D. EISENSTEIN 08/11/83 DEDICATED TO THE ONE I LOVE"

+1 for the awesome working binary.

I tried it out and made it to the 5th round for player #1 and the 6th round on player #2, around 15,000 for both players and no problems. The other binaries I tried would always malfunctioned before I got to round #4.

Galaxian is a fantastic game, I highly recommend IMing Ikrananka and requesting his dump of this binary.

I have dumped my Galaxian cart. Comparing it to one the one that is freely avalable on the net the binary is quite different towards the LAST 8k.

If you don't mind, I think it would be great if you could send NIAD your new rip to add to his large Colecovision Adam collection.

I have dumped my Galaxian cart. Comparing it to one the one that is freely avalable on the net the binary is quite different towards the LAST 8k.

If you don't mind, I think it would be great if you could send NIAD your new rip to add to his large Colecovision Adam collection.

Done - PM and rom sent to NIAD :)

Perhaps he will choose to post it here as a .zip so anyone that wants it can download.

I didn't post it here in case it infringed on AA policy. Perhaps Albert or someone else can advise.

It's not a homebrew or modern release so I think you're fine to post it.

Mitch

Perhaps he will choose to post it here as a .zip so anyone that wants it can download.

I didn't post it here in case it infringed on AA policy. Perhaps Albert or someone else can advise.

Mitch

OK - thanks. Rom attached below - enjoy :)

Galaxian.zip

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 11

Done - PM and rom sent to NIAD :)

Thanks again!!

• 1 year later...

Well, I started practicing on level one since I haven't played this before to work my way up to level three. I was playing the 24k version and was having problems like the ones mentioned. At one point the flying things stopped shooting! All I had to do was just miss the things and keep on shooting. I was getting tons of flags for no reason and I could basically just go on forever if I wanted to. I just killed myself at 27,670. I have since got the version posted above and I'm now using that one with no problems yet. I have to practice a bit before I post a screen for level three.

This one obviously doesn't count but is good for a laugh.

Oops, I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry.

post-17328-0-48654900-1332800887_thumb.png

Edited by ChuckH

• 2 weeks later...

Mitch

OK - thanks. Rom attached below - enjoy :)

This was awesome of you to post. All this time, and every other Galaxian dump for ColecoVision out there is truly a 'bad dump'. Thank you for sharing this with the community. It is very much appreciated.

Now who's going to correct all the "No Intro", "Good", "Tosec", etc. sets? LOL ;)