IGNORED

MidiMaze file version

_Fandal_

Hi all!

I have been asked several times if file version of MidiMaze for 256kB machines is possible. The answer is YES and I'm willing to create it but I would really need some help this time as I don't have 850 interface nor XM301/SX212 modems. Can anybody here help me with some tests on real HW? You would need two machines with at least 256 kB of expanded memory plus proper interface...

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure but I would like to make clear this simple question: how many computers could I connect with 850 interface or XM301/SX212 modems? I suppose just two. Or am I missing something?

And one more question. Did anybody ever tried MidiMaze in network mode using 850 interface or XM301/SX212 modems? I know Midimate ring works perfectly as I played this great game using Midimate interfaces but I have no idea if other network modes are fully implemented as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated...

F.

I've always wanted to try to play that game, but I've never had the right set up. I wonder if it would work over the internet with APE or a Lantronix device (MSS100 or similar).

I have a P:R: Connection, a Lantronix MSS100, a couple of XM301's and a Midimate. I'd be happy to help, if there's any way I can, but there's probably not much I can do because of RAM limitations on my current machines.

Edited by Fres

Hello Fandal

Have you considered using the MultiLink interface? Info can be found on my special stuff page.

Somebody here was working on the ALAN-K network interface. Maybe you can make the networkinterface driver a separate part, so the user can load the right driver for the interface (s)he wants to use.

sincerely

Mathy

I think it is not possible to combine network with computer connected via MidiMate and serial line (atari 850). So IMHO you can connect either 2 computers via Atari 850 or modems OR several machines with MidiMate (each computer must have one). We played the game in 3 people with MidiMate clones two years ago at PLatariada.