IGNORED

Passthrough 2600

Cliff Friedel

This revision is excellent!

Although, whenever I get a gameover, the gameover screen flashed then goes to black. It could be because I press the fire button to get a gameover, and there's nothing to stop it from thinking it's another button press.

I am going to have to look at it. I probably forgot to put in a COLUPF before the drawscreen (a requirement with the minikernel). I will check it out later tonight. Thanks.

Cliff

Ok, I fixed the bugs, did some cosmetic work, finally added some noises for the bonuses/curses and think I have enough for a game release. Check out the initial post to see the new game docs and a little backstory. I also have the binary for the first release version of the game posted there. Let me know what you think. There isn't much room for anything additional (my last build had 14 bytes to spare), but if I can do it, I will try. At this point, I want to start looking at some of the other stuff that makes a game too, so if you have any ideas regarding documentation, label art, packaging, or anything else, please post it here. I think this game could be good enough to do a cart of it. I am also going to talk to Albert about what we would need to do to have the proceeds from any sales of the game go to Tim at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. If you don't know about him or the PHOF, go over to http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ and check out the site. If you go to Vegas, definitely go over for a visit. They have a lot of great pinball machines and it just feels like the old arcade places that we grew up with in the 80s. Anyway, that is the plan. Here is version 1.00 of the game. Enjoy and let me know if there are any problems. Thanks to everyone who got Passthrough this far.

Version 1.00 Binary

Passthrough2600v1.00.bin

I hope you put this on a cart! I can't draw, but I think a cool label would be a spaceship passing through a door while it's closing. The door could have a bunch of red lights all over it, and the shot should be from the front at an angle. I hope you can image I'm trying to put in your mind.

I was actually thinking of something like the pics on here:

http://www.wayfaring.info/2010/07/22/the-cave-of-swallowsmexico/

It goes with the little backstory I wrote for the game on the first post. I am open to any ideas though. I wonder if I could get a label contest going?

Cliff

I hope you put this on a cart! I can't draw, but I think a cool label would be a spaceship passing through a door while it's closing. The door could have a bunch of red lights all over it, and the shot should be from the front at an angle. I hope you can image I'm trying to put in your mind.

I was actually thinking of something like the pics on here:

http://www.wayfaring.info/2010/07/22/the-cave-of-swallowsmexico/

It goes with the little backstory I wrote for the game on the first post. I am open to any ideas though. I wonder if I could get a label contest going?

Cliff

Ooops, I never read that backstory. In that case, I'm thinking something similar, but with a spaceship going sideways through rocks.

I might be able to draw something, but I really have no idea.

Here are a few simple labels for the cart I did from the labelmaker site. I would like to put a ship going out on them, but honestly art is not my thing. Let me know what you think:

Picture Label

post-25619-128338913226_thumb.jpg

post-25619-128338916017_thumb.jpg

Silver

post-25619-128338918063_thumb.jpg

post-25619-128338936163_thumb.jpg

Not to be mean, but I don't like them that much. It may just be my preference, but I don't like using the label maker site in conjunction with a real life picture (i.e. not drawn). Of course, it's your game, you can do whatever you want, and whatever label is on it, it'll still be on my wishlist.

I think you should use the real life image you have there, with a cartoon ship flying through. That would give an interesting look, but could just make it look cheap.

Here are a few simple labels for the cart I did from the labelmaker site. I would like to put a ship going out on them, but honestly art is not my thing. Let me know what you think:

Picture Label

post-25619-128338913226_thumb.jpg

post-25619-128338916017_thumb.jpg

Silver

post-25619-128338918063_thumb.jpg

post-25619-128338936163_thumb.jpg

Not to be mean, but I don't like them that much. It may just be my preference, but I don't like using the label maker site in conjunction with a real life picture (i.e. not drawn). Of course, it's your game, you can do whatever you want, and whatever label is on it, it'll still be on my wishlist.

I think you should use the real life image you have there, with a cartoon ship flying through. That would give an interesting look, but could just make it look cheap.

I am open to any ideas (legitimate ones at least). If you can draw a ship, I am definitely up for it. I know personally though, art is where I fail miserably =) If I can't figure something out I may end up asking Albert to have a contest or something.

I have to admit though, as is, I don't really like them either =)

Cliff

How about this then.. your player is a kidney stone stuck in Tom Cruise's urinary tract.. you must squeeze your way out.

My initial idea is that the playfield is someone's anus. The ship was a penis. You had to force your way in.

How about something constructive?

Dude, that's good. I hope Cliff approves, because I'm not good at art, but I'm pretty good at photography.

OK, here's my first go. I took out the fire, but if you want I could probably find better looking fire to put in there in place of the old fire. I also redid the hole completely.

Keep in mind this is my first go at it. It would also help greatly if you gave links to all the original pictures.

passthroughlabel2.jpg

Oh, and PRO TIP: Don't use MS Paint.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking at it more, I accidentally made the bottom of the plane brown. I'll fix that.

Edited by TooSlowGamer

OK, here's my first go. I took out the fire, but if you want I could probably find better looking fire to put in there in place of the old fire. I also redid the hole completely.

Keep in mind this is my first go at it. It would also help greatly if you gave links to all the original pictures.

passthroughlabel2.jpg

Oh, and PRO TIP: Don't use MS Paint.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking at it more, I accidentally made the bottom of the plane brown. I'll fix that.

I used Paint Shop Pro, but my skills are weak =). Your first attempt looks a lot better than mine. I basically just smoothed the edges. I like how you pulled the cavern walls into the hole. A little modification and I think we could use it. Good work.

I used Paint Shop Pro, but my skills are weak =). Your first attempt looks a lot better than mine. I basically just smoothed the edges. I like how you pulled the cavern walls into the hole. A little modification and I think we could use it. Good work.

There's a bunch of stuff left to do to it still. Also, how do you feel about not using label maker, and making a completely different label? I know some people want homebrews to look authentic with the label, but are you open to making a completely different label?