IGNORED

Passthrough 2600

Cliff Friedel

I used Paint Shop Pro, but my skills are weak =). Your first attempt looks a lot better than mine. I basically just smoothed the edges. I like how you pulled the cavern walls into the hole. A little modification and I think we could use it. Good work.

There's a bunch of stuff left to do to it still. Also, how do you feel about not using label maker, and making a completely different label? I know some people want homebrews to look authentic with the label, but are you open to making a completely different label?

I like the original labels because they make the game look more like it came from that time, but if you have an idea for another label, I am all for taking a look at something different.

I used Paint Shop Pro, but my skills are weak =). Your first attempt looks a lot better than mine. I basically just smoothed the edges. I like how you pulled the cavern walls into the hole. A little modification and I think we could use it. Good work.

There's a bunch of stuff left to do to it still. Also, how do you feel about not using label maker, and making a completely different label? I know some people want homebrews to look authentic with the label, but are you open to making a completely different label?

I like the original labels because they make the game look more like it came from that time, but if you have an idea for another label, I am all for taking a look at something different.

That's fine, I just wanted to know before I took the time to make a label.

Here's my new label art. I just redid it and took out some little flaws. Please point out any flaws you see with it. Also post anything else you want me to try.

passthroughlabel21.jpg

It looks great. So, do you think we should try it on a normal pic label (or silver one), or do you still want to try something original with the other part of the label? Let me know. If it is the first, I can assemble the label tonight and maybe start working on the manual to see how it would look altogether. Good work.

Cliff

Please point out any flaws you see with it.

If you don't own the photos you used, that's a big flaw. Whoever owns the images could sue you. :D

The crater is a stock photo from a PD site. The plane was a PD image that was heavily modified. Neither had any copyright info on the site or the pics themselves and as it is only going to go on a few carts, I am not too worried about it.

Cliff

On another note:

What do you guys think about a name change for the game? Is there anything else you could come up with that would be better and work with the theme on the first post? Let me know. Passthrough works, but it does tend to remind you of a kidney stone.

Possible names:

Pendulum Pass

Metronome Mania

Back 'N' Forth

Orifice Intrusion

:D

Here's all I got...

• Jump Jet
  • Squeeze Out
  • Blast Though
  • Rock Rocket
  • Jumping to Conclusions

Squeeze Out makes me think of constipated men.

I like Jump Jet.

I've come up with an original logo design. I like it, but it's completely, 100% your call.

passthroughoriginallabe.jpg

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as pushy, especially with the name "Jump Jet". I can easily just type in Passthrough if you would like, but when I tried it, it didn't look too good with the font.

Also, I only included your name on the cartridge. I noticed that on the original cartridge you included RevEng's name. If you want that included, just tell me and I'll try to fit it in.

Edited by TooSlowGamer

Here's all I got...

• Jump Jet
  • Squeeze Out
  • Blast Though
  • Rock Rocket
  • Jumping to Conclusions

Squeeze Out makes me think of constipated men.

I like Jump Jet.

I've come up with an original logo design. I like it, but it's completely, 100% your call.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as pushy, especially with the name "Jump Jet". I can easily just type in Passthrough if you would like, but when I tried it, it didn't look too good with the font.

Also, I only included your name on the cartridge. I noticed that on the original cartridge you included RevEng's name. If you want that included, just tell me and I'll try to fit it in.

I think we are going with Jump Rocket. I like the label though. Think you can come up with an end label also?

Cliff

I think we are going with Jump Rocket. I like the label though. Think you can come up with an end label also?

Cliff

Postings at the same time is overwhelming me! As you can see I edited it to say Jump Rocket.

Should the end label just be the same color and the same font? Do you want anything special. Like a little emblem after the name?

Edited to say "Jump Rocket"

In regards to "Jump Rocket": It's good, but I like "Jump Jet" a little bit better. It just seems to flow more. Again, your call, not mine.

Ok, you have both labels, so let's let everyone decide. Once we get a decision in the next day or so, I will redo the bitmap for the title if I can and repost the game. Then I will work on the manual. I really appreciate what everyone is doing. This is really coming together. I don't know if I said this before, but once we are done and the cart is in the store (hopefully), all proceeds from the sales are going to go to Tim Howard and the Pinball Hall of Fame so they can help pay off his expenses with the new building and help some good charities. You guys are doing a lot to make that happen. Thanks.

Cliff

Postings at the same time is overwhelming me! As you can see I edited it to say Jump Rocket.

Should the end label just be the same color and the same font? Do you want anything special. Like a little emblem after the name?

Yeah, I would say go with the same color and font. I like it. I would say maybe center the title on the end label and leave room for a logo, although we won't have one right now. If Albert will sell it on the site, maybe we can put the AtariAge logo on it or something.

Cliff

Ok, you have both labels, so let's let everyone decide. Once we get a decision in the next day or so, I will redo the bitmap for the title if I can and repost the game. Then I will work on the manual. I really appreciate what everyone is doing. This is really coming together. I don't know if I said this before, but once we are done and the cart is in the store (hopefully), all proceeds from the sales are going to go to Tim Howard and the Pinball Hall of Fame so they can help pay off his expenses with the new building and help some good charities. You guys are doing a lot to make that happen. Thanks.

Can my name be in the manual (if you use my label, of course)? Just a small credit in the corner of the last page? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

End Label:

jumprocketendlabel.jpg

I pushed the text over to the right to correspond with the main label, but I dunno how well it would actually look on a real cartridge.

Edited by TooSlowGamer

Can my name be in the manual (if you use my label, of course)? Just a small credit in the corner of the last page? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Of course! I already have put you on the first post too. There is more to a game than just programming! Everyone who has helped will be in there.

Of course! I already have put you on the first post too. There is more to a game than just programming! Everyone who has helped will be in there.

Thanks! This will be a definite purchase by me, not only for the game, but because my name is in the manual!

But, could you use my real name instead of my username?

Sure, PM me with it or reply. As for the end label, I think I want to stick with one line just because most Atari games use that format.