IGNORED

Status Updates

Albert

Because some members seem to have an issue with using the profile status feature to insult other members and I don't feel like babysitting these members, I have removed this feature for now. When I upgrade the forum next month they will be back (and significantly enhanced), and if people continue to abuse the feature after that I will start banning people. If you wouldn't post it in a message on the forum, don't put it in your profile status. The people doing this are old enough to know better. :thumbsdown:

..Al

• Like 10

Gah!! I can't clear my status! I'll forever be known for mucking up Beatles lyrics!! :P

:lol: And I'll have anyone who looks at my profile forever scratching their heads at "Why read in the bathroom when you can be doing chin-ups?"

• Like 1

I like the status update window - it's like the lazy man's chatroom of AA.

Yes, and it'll become more so once I upgrade the forum.. :ponder:

That will be nice. When someone comments on a comment and the first person comments on that comment, the first comment is gone, so everyone wonders what the first comment was, so many comments that follow are confused questions about the first comment that no one can read because that first comment was replaced by other comments.

• Like 1

That will be nice. When someone comments on a comment and the first person comments on that comment, the first comment is gone, so everyone wonders what the first comment was, so many comments that follow are confused questions about the first comment that no one can read because that first comment was replaced by other comments.

Yes, you'll be able to reply to comments directly, so things will be much clearer. :)

..Al

What?

• Like 1

My current status sort of makes me seem vaguely hipper than I naturally am - which usually borders somewhere between lame-tard and completely inept. (I know nuthink!) For this I am thankful.

The ability to comment on updates will be much appreciate by all of us freakies. :D

I have re-enabled Status updates as well as their display on the main forum index. Anyone whom I catch taking jabs at other users (directly or "on the sly") is going to permanently lose the ability to edit their status and will find that their status is forever fixed at, "I LOVE ATARI 5200 CONTROLLERS". If you happen to like 5200 controllers, it will instead be set to "MY FAVORITE ATARI 2600 GAME IS PAC-MAN". If you happen to like 2600 Pac-Man and admit that to me, I will just ban you from the site and make everyone's life easier.

..Al

• Like 1

I have re-enabled Status updates as well as their display on the main forum index. Anyone whom I catch taking jabs at other users (directly or "on the sly") is going to permanently lose the ability to edit their status and will find that their status is forever fixed at, "I LOVE ATARI 5200 CONTROLLERS". If you happen to like 5200 controllers, it will instead be set to "MY FAVORITE ATARI 2600 GAME IS PAC-MAN". If you happen to like 2600 Pac-Man and admit that to me, I will just ban you from the site and make everyone's life easier.

..Al

No marshmallows? :lol: