IGNORED

Skull Island - Wood Case!

yuppicide

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just thought I'd give a little update on refunds.

I didn't get a chance to do the last batch I said. My Girlfriend's warehouse where she works was closed for a week and she was forced to use vacation. Well, I didn't know she only had 4 days worth of vacation not 5 left over, so I had less money than expected for the week.

Will post another update shortly. I'm looking to do some the 24th, but I do expect a lot of refunds Dec 1nd or 2rd as I receive 3 checks from work next month.

• 4 weeks later...

No problem. As I said I'm not a crackhead or something.. only thing I've ever touched was weed a few times when I was younger. Heck, I don't even smoke cigarettes.

Last thing I ever wanted to do was be uncomfortable at a community I've been a part of for so long. :(

Yuppicide for President!

I sent him PMs several times about Ature which is his other project on here. He never answers even though it shows he is active on the forums. I am just looking for an answer if he is going to finish the game or if I can officially write my payment off as a loss. Seems like a loss to me. At least man up and answer people. I understand delays happen. It is just a reminder that not everybody on these forums can follow through on projects.

There are a few people here that know how to do a project right and have earned my respect enough to send payments in advance, but for everybody else I want to see a finished product before I send money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Starting the Yuppicide (aka Shawn Setnicky) ripped off list, creating the same list in the Ature Pre-Orders Now Open thread. If anyone wants to take action against him, this might make it easier, plus I'll update the AA Bad Trader & Scammer threads with the info. I am kind of curious too how many people's money he got away with....he has been inactive since Dec, probably under another name by now.

Please reply to this and add your name, adding a number as you go...eg

1. Joe Smith

2. Smith Joe

etc.

1. GEZ

this guy is just a total scammer, piece of ...

I still disagree, even after all of this. I think yuppicide went into this with the best of intentions and just got in over his head. Life happens sometimes, and it certainly sounds like he was in quite a bit of a hard time, and although it sucks in these situations, it does happen from time to time. I think he's a person who is really torn about what to do in this situation, since his reputation is essentially ruined. Were I in that situation, the possibility of just quitting AA altogether, burned bridges and all, seems to make a bit of sense. Even if he makes it right for everyone, there's still going to be pitchforks and torches. It's a lose-lose scenario, and although I agree that not making right on it is a cowardly thing to do, I can still understand the desire to do so. It's just a crappy situation altogether, and it sucks that so many of us lost our $$$ in the deal, but in the grand scheme of things, money isn't everything. I honestly just hope yuppicide gets through whatever difficulties he was having and can resolve the situation and continue to make friends on AtariAge.

That is completely wrong -the part about not making this right, anyway. Until he does that, this is just theft, plain and simple. He should not be welcome back to AA until everyone has their money back. It's not like we're asking for more than we paid him, and many people have said they would still be interested in the completed game, so he had a couple of options.

Life happens, but man up (where is Judge Joe Brown when you need him?).

This is definitely not a witch hunt, paying up would make it all go away....

Would it? Would you buy anything from him ever again? If he wanted to make another game, would AtariAge be accepting? I don't think anyone would sign up for it. His reputation is completely ruined on here. I'm not saying it's without reason, but I don't think saying "paying up would make it all go away" is true. The bridges burnt here will stay burnt, they're not going to be rebuilt.

I agree wholeheartedly that the right thing to do is to refund everyone. I just don't think it will magically fix anything for the guy, and he'll still basically be completely ostracized here at AtariAge. Whether that's for good reason or not is up to your personal ethics, but that's the fact of the matter -- he won't be welcome back even if he DOES make it right, more than likely.

I'm not making excuses for him, and I agree that what happened here is wrong and should be fixed. I just think that as far as yuppicide is concerned, it's easier (note: not RIGHT, just "easier") at this point to simply ignore the situation and just not come on AA, a site he's not welcome on to many members due to this anyway.

Well, he probably shouldn't be in the game making business anyway - it's not like he just ripped people off on one game. He's like this delivery driver that rear ended me a few years ago - asked me not to report it as he had had four accidents in two weeks and would lose his job. I told him that maybe that would be a good thing!

Bottom line, he can start with refunds, then work on his rep...even better, finish the game or give the project to someone else to finish!

If someone really wants something done then you call your local police department to press charges and have the charges sent to his local police department to be enforced. Also you can call your credit card company to let them know you have been a victim of online fraud. If you all call your CC companys and reports are made over and over on the same guy they will take action. Same goes for calling the law. Enough calls come into his local and dude is gonna get busted plain and simple.

Edited by Shawn Sr.