IGNORED

HSC7 Game 15: Nibbly

Nibbly

What a new(ish) game actually managed to win a HSC vote :!: No it's not the almighty Nibbler it's Nibbly. Erm snake game meets pacman with a bit of logic puzzle, ok you figure it out! Looks like 100 screens of action to keep you busy ;)

atarimania has COM version, this thread here on atariage has more details of the game and the ATR version. Game Closes on Sunday 12th September 10am BST. If anyone needs any help getting started please post and someone will help :ponder:

Atarimania rating 7.1

Now then, after Divya16's win at Frogger II, here are a couple more incentives to see your name at the top of the table: (1) I've not played this one before and (b) I'm away for most of the two weeks so whatever score I manage in the next few days will be it from me! Please can someone post a table or two along the way :thumbsup:

Bonus Point Challenges

1 HSC point for the highest score on round 1. In 1 life!

1 HSC point each, for the top three players reaching the highest rounds, plus an extra point for the highest person.

Yes, you have to play through the rounds yourself and can start on any you have reached using the codes give at the end of each level (enter them on the title screen and press return).

Note the HSC score only counts from round 1. You do not need scores for this challenge, post a screenshot of the round you reach ;)

COM file doesn't load on my 800XL (NTSC).

Try the ATR link on first post, they mention that it works with NTSC on that thread, but maybe there are some graphical differences :ponder:

In nibbler there's no time to think unless you pause it and think about the strategy and it's hard to make the turns you want since the snake keeps moving.

HSC rule 27, subsection b, part II: "The party of of the first part..." is hereinafter called: "the party of the first part..." no pausing games to think :twisted:

so far 6585, i will do better and post..

First round High Score:

Sorry to rain on your parade but I forgot to add highest score in 1 man for level 1 :D

I managed 1,515

post-19705-128318458573_thumb.jpg

General Hints: Try closely following your tail and then make bigger and bigger deviations to collect dots or pecious space, leave the edges until last. No not that close... ARRRGH ;)

I remember loading this one up a few months back and thinking, "Cool, a modernized Nibbler" but I only played a round or two and then forgot about it. Pretty engaging game once you get into it. Very different from Nibbler. Are there ever any bonus lives?

so far 6585, i will do better and post..

First round High Score:

Sorry to rain on your parade but I forgot to add highest score in 1 man for level 1 :D

I managed 1,515

post-19705-128318458573_thumb.jpg

General Hints: Try closely following your tail and then make bigger and bigger deviations to collect dots or pecious space, leave the edges until last. No not that close... ARRRGH ;)

heh yeah i did even more then that doing all three lives... but even so, using one life i regularly get 1535 on the first board :')

i will get a pic of it tonight...

sloopy.