• Atari 800 Emulator
    • Don't Know
  3. 3. Best Atari ST Emulator?

• STeem
    • Hatari
    • PaCifiST
    • Don't Know

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Very important Project coming up and need some feedback pretty quickly, please answer the poll or if you don't see a good selection, post a better Emulator. Keep responses to 2600, 5200/800 and ST for now please...

After you've answered here, another VERY IMPORTANT poll to answer is here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/168509-new-atari-pc-computer/

Thanks!

Curt

Edited by Curt Vendel

I would replace a800winplus with either altirra or atari ++ as the latter 2 are frequently updated/maintained and the former hasn't been updated in a long time (infact you could say that the latter two has overtaken the former)

Also you could replace pacifist with saint, since the latter emulates the ste to a reasonable extent then the former and the latter is frequently updated and maintained

I have'nt seen .z26 updated in a long time

just a small thought that is all

Curt,

I listed other on the 2600 emulation because I do not play any 2600 games in emulation. My wife and I did play a few games on actual hardware about 10 years ago, but we have since stored the 2600 due to space requirements.

Russ

I will just list here. Stella for 2600 and 800win plus for 5200. Had problems with Jum52 but it's been too long to remeber what the issue was. Morgan

Curt, I added my answers to the poll. So you can disregard this. I will try Altirra tonight also.

Edited by Chuck D. Head

Stella and Altira are really the only ones that get regular support updates for their respective platforms. Stella plays back pretty much everything, no muss, no fuss. Until recently I would have chose Atari800Win for A8 support, but Altira has really come far and for me has supplanted it.

The ST line I don't have much experience with.

Okay, I edited poll and added Don't Know for a choice and replaced Jum52 with Altirra as it sounds like it is the best. As for those saying "I only use real hardware" thats great, but I am looking for information specific for a VERY important reason, so please respond, its important for all of us...

Oh... are these developments from Atari themselves or has the brand found some prospective license sugardaddies? I know, it's probably mum until all the ink is struck and dried, but my little pico-watt brainbulb is aglow with hopeful confusion. :D

Done. Can't wait to see where this is going. Good luck Curt.

Stella

Atari800Win+

STeem

Edited by TwiliteZoner

2600 = Stella

ST = STeem

I voted 'don't know' for 5200/800 only because kat5200 is not an option.

http://kat5200.jillybunch.com/

http://code.google.com/p/kat5200/

-Trebor

Kat5200 is real close but I can't in good conscious say it's best with some of the sound emulation issues it has. If this was still being updated it probably would have overtaken the other emulators for the 800/5200 but it seems like it too has died.... :(

Oh, and I voted don't know for the Atari ST because I wouldn't even recognize one if you hit me over the head with it....

Edited by rxd