IGNORED

what the hell is this guy smoking

scanline

If he is the original owner and just became aware Atari's value, why in the world would he have duplicates of anything? I don't know about you guys, but as a kid I never bought 2 copies of anything. I can see maybe getting multiple copies as a gift, but he's got 2 of Super Breakout, 2 of Amidar, 2 of Pac-Man, and 2 of Video Pinball. Something's fishy in the tuna factory, methinks... :ponder:

Is that a %100 rule? I though it was a guideline to not use the forum to promote/advertise an auction. But putting one up for ridicule was accepted use.

Or if you were asking if anyone knew details of items in one...

"And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. "

Is that a %100 rule? I though it was a guideline to not use the forum to promote/advertise an auction. But putting one up for ridicule was accepted use.

Or if you were asking if anyone knew details of items in one...

"And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. "

and you must be a pirate.

This unit comes in a sealed duffle bag that has been wrapped and lined for protection.

It must just be an expensive duffle bag.

Plus how did he take pictures if they are in a sealed duffel bag?

"I will accept offers for the entire system of no less than ($500)" I missed that, he mignt not have taken my $40 serioulsy then...

PLUS he mentions 1) Chase the Chuck Wagon (Xlnt Cond.) - 1983

Can anyone see it in the pictures? That is the one thing that deserves a picture. Maybe it was sealed in the duffel bag.

This unit comes in a sealed duffle bag that has been wrapped and lined for protection.

It must just be an expensive duffle bag.

Plus how did he take pictures if they are in a sealed duffel bag?

"I will accept offers for the entire system of no less than ($500)" I missed that, he mignt not have taken my $40 serioulsy then...

PLUS he mentions 1) Chase the Chuck Wagon (Xlnt Cond.) - 1983

Can anyone see it in the pictures? That is the one thing that deserves a picture. Maybe it was sealed in the duffel bag.

I notice he's got great pictures of ET and Pac-Man, though. :dunce:

(I rip on Pac-Man a lot, but I used to play it almost non-stop as a kid. Good times! ET, on the other hand, deserves every bit of venom I spit in its direction.)

i am so sorry to the mods in the atari 2600 forums that i offended that moved my topic to here didn't know you could not post anything in that forum that was funny just because it had ebay mentioned in it guess your not allowed to have a sense of humor there

Edited by scanline

i am so sorry to the mods in the atari 2600 forums that i offended that moved my topic to here didn't know you could not post anything in that forum that was funny just because it had ebay mentioned in it guess your you're not allowed to have a sense of humor there

I'm not a mod, but I did direct you to the pinned note about not posting eBay auctions in the 2600 forum; it is quite simple in what it says and does not make exceptions for what people might deem "funny". Now, as for whether or not this particular auction is "funny", people post links to disproportionately high (and weird) auctions all the time. Some people think it is hilarious that these sellers seem to be unaware of the fair market value of their goods, and some even send the seller harassing offers because they find it amusing, but quite honestly, when someone looks at something like Racketboy's "Rarest and Most Valuable Atari 2600 games" and sees extremely high values for carts, and doesn't understand the article fully, the overpriced situation occurs. That article has Chase the Chuck Wagon - a cart that the seller has - from $50-400 dollars, and while it mentions that the box and manual are rare, it doesn't indicate that the high end is for a high-quality CIB version. Atlantis II is listed from $700-2000, yet unless a person knows exactly what the game is, that person is likely to see a regular Atlantis cart in his/her collection - just like the seller has - and think "eureka!" again. So with these two "rarest and most valuable" carts in the seller's collection, might the others not also be pricey? The seller found an article, didn't understand it completely, and neglected to do any additional research.

In summary, discussion of eBay auctions belong in the Auction Central subforum, and what you think constitutes a "sense of humor" to others is just another misinformed seller, the likes of whom get noted with a fair degree of frequency, who might actually benefit from some decent advice instead of ridicule.