IGNORED

Old Sears Atari LYNX Catalog Page Flyer

the.golden.ax

Just the original name for Robosquash, glad they changed it. Interesting to see it used in a catalogue though.

Wow, look at what I miss out on not opening sealed games. :mad: I'm simultaneously, happy about a game I've not played and embarrassed that I didn't know that myself/never played it. For some reason I'd confused Kung Food and Robosquash, thought for sure I'd played Robosquash.

AX

I can all but promise you that was 1990. It DID appear in the 1989 Christmas catalog (which is how I got mine :D ), but I seem to recall it being just the bottom half of a page that year with Blue Lightning, Electrocop and Gates of Zendocon. And I think those were the only three games Sears sold that Christmas, I don't think they got copies of Gauntlet and Chip's Challenge until later. Makes me wonder how much stuff my grandmother saved, she was a Sears Employee at the time; I borrowed her copy of the leather bound Centennial book not long ago - interesting stuff if you're into retail sales history.

Thanks for sharing, Ax. I always went to Babbages to browse/buy Lynx games but this was in '92. At the time I didn't even know Sears sold Lynx stuff. Damn. This makes me want to play some Lynx now.

yeah i didnt know sears had it either. i think i got my lynx at babbages too. Toys R US is the only other store that i saw had a lynx or lynx games brand new. seeing that makes me want to get a Lynx Model 1. I have a Model 2, but i remember the Model 1 fit my hands better.

I asked for a Lynx, but received a Gameboy for Christmas of '89 because it was $100 cheaper. I had always wanted a Lynx. I didn't get my first Lynx until the summer of 2008! I used to flip through the Sears catalog and drool over the Lynx page. Thankfully, none of my friends got a Lynx either so nobody got to rub it in. We just all played Gameboy together.

A kid at my school Richard Clark had Turbo Express, and was the shizzle until my Lynx showed up... bigger and louder. Heh

Take that Dick Clark!

AX

I had two friends in high school who bought Lynxes directly because of me. Nothing like a good Warbirds fight in the hallways :)

I had two friends in high school who bought Lynxes directly because of me. Nothing like a good Warbirds fight in the hallways :)

You played your Lynx in the hallway at your HIGHSCHOOL?!? Wow, and I thought I was nerdy in high school! ;)

--Wookie

I'm totally jealous. I didnt get Warbirds til like 3 years ago, wish I would have bought it in HS. I would have convinced one of my friends to get a lynx and that game too. That game is ok against the cpu opponents, but I can imagine it's gotta be one of the best multi-player portable games.

Yeah I had it at high school several times, and in Germany twice. Nobody batted an eyelash, as such, but the games got a lot of notice. My friend Chris was the only person I knew with a copy of Rampage until my brother got one years later. Warbirds and Checkered Flag are the only games I remember using the Comlynx for "back in the day," and I haven't played multi-player anything long since! I can't convince the wife :P Maybe the bun in the oven can be brainwashed^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H convinced. ;)