IGNORED

A Present for AtariMax SD Cart Owners from NIAD

NIAD

To All,

Been hard at work the last couple weeks organizing my AtariMax Ultimate SD Card and I wanted to share my efforts with the rest of you owners as well. Before I explain what is included, I want to first thank Retrollucid for making available his boxart pictures in SD Cart format and, dare I mention him, David Harley for making available his collections of properly formatted screenshots and text files... these were a huge time saver. NOTE that the archive does not contain ANY ROMS, you will have to supply those yourself!

I have set my SD card up with the following structure:

Games A-C\2010: The Graphic Action Game\

and in the directory I have 3 picture files for Boxart, Title Screen and Ingame Screen named Artwork-000.pc, Artwork-001.pc, and Artwork-002.pc and 1 doc file name Instructions.txt.

You will see when you open up the archive if the above is confusing. Also, as I don't own all the latest homebrews, I had to grab pics off the web and resive them... I think they turned out pretty good, but you can be the judge.

Included in the archive are: 114 Boxart pics, 247 Title Screen pics, 247 Ingame pics, 118 instruction text files and a Missing List.

The Missing List does not take into account if a cartridge was officially released with a box or not, just whether there is a boxart picture file included in the archive or not. Also note that some homebrew games have built-in instructions so an instruction file is not necessary.

I will be hard at work trying to add more instruction files as well as Cheat/Easter Egg files and I still have to go through a large number of demo and utility roms that I have yet to add.

I hope you all enjoy this and look forward to seeing others handy work or better yet filling in some of the missing items!

Jim

AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart Pics & Docs.zip

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Found two mistakes with Ingame screenshots and you'll have to delete the Artwork-002.pc in the following directories:

- Pac-Man Collection

- Porky's

and make your own ingame shots or what for me/someone else to post corrections.

Making simple mistakes like these certainly shows me how hard it must have been for Coleco to catch all the bugs in the ADAM before it made it's way to store shelves. :)

Edited by NIAD

Found two mistakes with Ingame screenshots and you'll have to delete the Artwork-002.pc in the following directories:

- Pac-Man Collection

- Porky's

Making simple mistakes like these certainly shows me how hard it must have been for Coleco to catch all the bugs in the ADAM before it made it's way to store shelves. :)

Harsh! Don't be so hard on yourself :P.

I'm curious what the screenshots look would like on the Colecovision, I guess I have to wait til I get the SD cart to find out. :)

- Pac-Man Collection

- Porky's

Harsh! Don't be so hard on yourself :P.

I'm curious what the screenshots look would like on the Colecovision, I guess I have to wait til I get the SD cart to find out. :)

As long as the screenshots were taken in ColecoVision's native resolution (256x192) they will look almost identical to what the actual gameplay screen looks like. You do have to run the screenshot through CVPaint2 to convert to the proper picture format that the SD Cart uses and then CVPaint2 will also adjust the colors properly. You will notice that some colors get converted completely wrong like the Interphase titles screens that have a grey background... this end up getting converted to pink!!

If the screenshot was taken in a higher resolution, then you have to resive it down to 256x192 and you may end up with some fuzziness after you convert it to *.pc format with CVPaint2.

Jim

I'm sending my SD cart back.

A pink background just won't do. :)

Send it to me! I'll give it a good home.

In CVPaint2 you can edit the colors and if I had more time (or when I do), I'm gonna fix the handful of Interphase and SpectraVideo title screens that had this color corruption/change.

Nice compilation Jim.

If people are looking for the roms. I highly recommend using the Galaxian rom that Ikrananka posted on this thread.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/167880-working-galaxian-binary-for-128-1sd-multi-cart/page__fromsearch__1

All the other Galaxian dumps I had tried in the past didn't work for me.

To All,

Been hard at work the last couple weeks organizing my AtariMax Ultimate SD Card and I wanted to share my efforts with the rest of you owners as well. Before I explain what is included, I want to first thank Retrollucid for making available his boxart pictures in SD Cart format and, dare I mention him, David Harley for making available his collections of properly formatted screenshots and text files... these were a huge time saver. NOTE that the archive does not contain ANY ROMS, you will have to supply those yourself!

I have set my SD card up with the following structure:

Games A-C\2010: The Graphic Action Game\

and in the directory I have 3 picture files for Boxart, Title Screen and Ingame Screen named Artwork-000.pc, Artwork-001.pc, and Artwork-002.pc and 1 doc file name Instructions.txt.

You will see when you open up the archive if the above is confusing. Also, as I don't own all the latest homebrews, I had to grab pics off the web and resive them... I think they turned out pretty good, but you can be the judge.

Included in the archive are: 114 Boxart pics, 247 Title Screen pics, 247 Ingame pics, 118 instruction text files and a Missing List.

The Missing List does not take into account if a cartridge was officially released with a box or not, just whether there is a boxart picture file included in the archive or not. Also note that some homebrew games have built-in instructions so an instruction file is not necessary.

I will be hard at work trying to add more instruction files as well as Cheat/Easter Egg files and I still have to go through a large number of demo and utility roms that I have yet to add.

I hope you all enjoy this and look forward to seeing others handy work or better yet filling in some of the missing items!

Jim

Yeah. Dis is supah sweet. +1!

Jim

Got mine all organized tonight. I realize I don't have a LOT of stuff. :-) I re-organized things a little bit to single out Homebrews and Prototypes. But I just wanted to thank you again for your hard work.

Can someone tell me how the .pc files are made? Is there a dump kit you can buy to do screenshots and dump your own ROMs? I'd like a personal copy to be able to call up on this thing whenever I like.

Jim

Got mine all organized tonight. I realize I don't have a LOT of stuff. :-) I re-organized things a little bit to single out Homebrews and Prototypes. But I just wanted to thank you again for your hard work.

Can someone tell me how the .pc files are made? Is there a dump kit you can buy to do screenshots and dump your own ROMs? I'd like a personal copy to be able to call up on this thing whenever I like.

While I got the boxart pics from Retroillucid's collection that was posted here and a good amount of the ingame screenshots from David Harley's collection that he posted on his website after all the controversy, all the title screenshots and a large number of ingame screenshots were captured by me using the M.E.S.S. Emulator in Windows (there are numerous other CV and ADAM emulators that you can use).

Once you have the screen capture from the emulator (has to be 256x192 which is what MESS makes... CV's native resolution), you have to copy the screenshot (with MESS it will be in PNG format) to the clipboard and then load CVPaint2. In CVPaint2, choose "From Clipboard" and the screenshot will be converted to the proper number of colors and displayed and then you can save the AtariMAX Ultimate SD Cart compatible picture file in *.PC format.

Good Luck,

Jim

Jim

While I got the boxart pics from Retroillucid's collection that was posted here and a good amount of the ingame screenshots from David Harley's collection that he posted on his website after all the controversy, all the title screenshots and a large number of ingame screenshots were captured by me using the M.E.S.S. Emulator in Windows (there are numerous other CV and ADAM emulators that you can use).

Once you have the screen capture from the emulator (has to be 256x192 which is what MESS makes... CV's native resolution), you have to copy the screenshot (with MESS it will be in PNG format) to the clipboard and then load CVPaint2. In CVPaint2, choose "From Clipboard" and the screenshot will be converted to the proper number of colors and displayed and then you can save the AtariMAX Ultimate SD Cart compatible picture file in *.PC format.

Good Luck,

Jim

Thanks for the tip. I think I should be able to do this fairly easily. As soon as I find CVPaint. ;)

Jim

Good Luck,

Jim

Thanks for the tip. I think I should be able to do this fairly easily. As soon as I find CVPaint. ;)

Here it is.

CVPaint2 (2009) (Unknown).zip

Jim

Good Luck,

Jim

Here it is.

Muchas gracias, mi amigo! Woot! This will be fun.

...Once you have the screen capture from the emulator (has to be 256x192 which is what MESS makes... CV's native resolution), you have to copy the screenshot (with MESS it will be in PNG format) to the clipboard and then load CVPaint2. In CVPaint2, choose "From Clipboard" and the screenshot will be converted to the proper number of colors and displayed and then you can save the AtariMAX Ultimate SD Cart compatible picture file in *.PC format.

Good Luck,

Jim

Man, that is difficult! But I managed to produce two pretty nifty looking .pc files. One's the logo of my website which turned out stellar. It's really hard to manipulate the colors and have them not bleed into other options in CVPaint. I assume that's because of how colors and graphics are displayed on the ColecoVision. But I managed.

SC1.png

SC2.png

I'm going to have to put some time in on this and see what I can really do.