IGNORED

PAL version of Robotron 2084?

urborg

I don't know why Robotron 2084 was never released in PAL version, but its a real shame, as it is a really great game. I wonder if it would be difficult to make a PAL version of the game and reproduce such a cart, considering that source code is available here.

That source code was originally released by Curt Vendel here. Its also for a version of MARIA that never shipped in the 7800s produced.

I've developed a 7800 PlayStation controller interface which is ideal for Robotron. The GB-XC1 was previewed on the AA stand at CGE 2010.

A PAL version of Robotron is on my (long) list of projects to do. I'm also thinking about a PAL version of Rampage.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A PAL version of Robotron is on my (long) list of projects to do. I'm also thinking about a PAL version of Rampage.

Given you can buy an NTSC to PAL converter for around $30, why would you spend your valuable programming time/talent converting these?

because the converters don't work very well+you would need to buy and import an NTSC 7800

Given you can buy an NTSC to PAL converter for around $30, why would you spend your valuable programming time/talent converting these?

because the converters don't work very well+you would need to buy and import an NTSC 7800

Better option then using converter is to buy NTSC 7800 and compatible TV set. Many PAL TV's can work in NTSC mode as well. Converter just make PAL signal with NTSC signal by skipping some frames as I suppose, what can result in less fluent animation.

yes I have an s-video moded NTSC 7800 and it works fine with my TV, but finding the right TV can be problematic especially when you factor in the odd video output of the 7800.

When you add up the costs of importing an NTSC 7800, finding a TV that works and importing NTSC games spending $30-$40 on a PAL conversion looks like a better idea.