IGNORED

What game is most sought after among everyone here?

shining slade

My original 100 or so games and system with all the maps/etc.. I made as a kid. My Snoopy box I wrote Rad Racer on with marker, my storage box I lugged them around in and my original black and white TV I played them on. I know someone has it all, I want them back!

:lol: Wouldn't that be a kicker if you somehow were able to actually get them back?

My original 100 or so games and system with all the maps/etc.. I made as a kid. My Snoopy box I wrote Rad Racer on with marker, my storage box I lugged them around in and my original black and white TV I played them on. I know someone has it all, I want them back!

:lol: Wouldn't that be a kicker if you somehow were able to actually get them back?

I know they are out there, nobody would just throw them away. Most likely everything in my original lot has been long parted out though by collectors/sellers. I am just waiting for the Ebay auction that has all my original stuff, but I probably already missed it :sad:

My current goal is to find a Custer's Revenge in the wild for cheap! I knew a guy that had that back in the 1980s, and it was the funniest thing I ever saw at the time. That is the only Adult title I am interested in. I recently got a ChuckWagon for fairly cheap and it was on my want list because I also remember it being available back then. I'd say my other main want is replacing anything I used to have which is down to

1) Gameline Modem (I tore it apart decades ago)

2) Gremlins (traded it in part for original Stella CD)

3) Spy Hunter (returned it to store because I thought it totally sucked)

I spent about two years searching for a Pressure Cooker without any acti-plaque on it and gave up. And to those who say all Activision carts have it, my Frost Bite and Kaboom look very very clean. But for whatever reason Pressure Cooker seemed to have attracted acti-plaque like bees to honey.

Now that I have a Harmony cart, I have a solution. :cool: :thumbsup:

After owning nearly ALL of the NTSC (and better PAL) releases at one time and then getting rid of half of 'em - I'm pretty much done collecting for the 2600. I'll still spring for homebrews of course - but really, the only cart I sorta kinda keep my eye out for in the wild would be Chase The Chuckwagon. I have zero desire to pay big bucks for one, but finding that particular title for next to nothing at a GoodWill, Flea Market or wherever still has appeal. Probably just because during the Usenet/Deja-News days, we all talked about how that was damn near *the* most elusive title to find that way and thus was born the phrase of "chasing the chuckwagon" as a metaphor for hunting Atari games in the wild. lol

Edited by save2600

After owning nearly ALL of the NTSC (and better PAL) releases at one time and then getting rid of half of 'em - I'm pretty much done collecting for the 2600. I'll still spring for homebrews of course - but really, the only cart I sorta kinda keep my eye out for in the wild would be Chase The Chuckwagon. I have zero desire to pay big bucks for one, but finding that particular title for next to nothing at a GoodWill, Flea Market or wherever still has appeal. Probably just because during the Usenet/Deja-News days, we all talked about how that was damn near *the* most elusive title to find that way and thus was born the phrase of "chasing the chuckwagon" as a metaphor for hunting Atari games in the wild. lol

I have come to the conclusion that anyone who has an ultra-rare game like CTCW, NES Stadium Events, To The Earth, et al, is in the know about how rare their particular game is. The chances of some mom cleaning out the attic and dumping one of these at GW or SA is next to nil. With the advent of mass media, even the Air Raid auction made my local news, so basically everyone is in the know about rare video games. The sad part is that most assume they have massively valuable collections (take a look at all the "rare" descriptions on eBay sometime) when in reality they have a bunch of commons.

• Like 1

@#$%^& Mr. Do!, for months now. I'm not paying $20 for this thing.

Halfsies:

https://www.atari2600.com/item--Mr-Do!--PROD644.html

or $8 on eBay.

Add shipping and it's still around $15 :(

$12 total on ebay.

There's also junky copy that's has a "make an offer."

If you wait, you'll probably eventually be able to snag a nice one for $10.00 total.

Anyway, good luck!!

There's a few cartridges I would like to have but I'm not constantly pursuing or thinking about them. Halloween would be on the top of the list but I don't want to spend a ton. Chase the Chuckwagon with a nice label and Custer's Revenge with box would be cool to have as well. Mangia would be way out of my price range. I just think the graphics are cool. Right now I'd rather buy a few homebrews or other stuff with the money I'd have to spend on those cartridges.

Honestly most of the games I want to get my hands on are the common cartridges, the ones that you can find for 50 cents even on eBay. I'm not really into plunking hundreds of dollars on ultra-rare games that aren't actually all that fun: I just want to play games. I started collecting Atari 2600 games a little over a year ago, and so far I only have about 35 games, and not a single one of them is boxed. What do I want to get my hands on next? How about Galaxian - or maybe Battlezone? I admire and respect the guy who has the entire Atari library on a mahogany shelf, but in my case, I'm really just in it to play games.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I want my Vader with 30+ games back as well but I know that it is lost............... :)

I want my Vader with 30+ games back as well but I know that it is lost............... :)

Same here.

I sold my Vader back in the eighties together with my fourteen games.

Still regret this foolish action to the bone.

8)

The Harmony cart has largely sated my desire to collect for the 2600, a desire which was never that strong to begin with: when it comes to the VCS, I'm much more a player than collector.

Having said that, I'd be pretty pleased if I found a copy of Rescue Terra I, which is the only rare game that's really intrigued me. I'd also like to get back my copy of Cosmic Swarm, which my mom gave away (along with the majority of our VCS games) in the early '90s, and which is the rarest VCS cart I've ever owned.

Edited by thegoldenband