IGNORED

Digitpress Forum

NinjaWarrior

To be honest, I stopped going there, only partly because of the reliability issues. The bigger issue was the major horrific derailment of a whole month of their thrift finds of the month thread with some guy posting his eBay purchases as thrift finds, and the huge bandwagon of pissing all over him that occurred when it was found out... and that the forum mods didn't do a thing to nip it in the bud until three weeks after it has started to explode.

To be honest, I stopped going there, only partly because of the reliability issues. The bigger issue was the major horrific derailment of a whole month of their thrift finds of the month thread with some guy posting his eBay purchases as thrift finds, and the huge bandwagon of pissing all over him that occurred when it was found out... and that the forum mods didn't do a thing to nip it in the bud until three weeks after it has started to explode.

Who gives a crap if someone posts eBay purchases in the thrift finds thread?

Chris

• Like 1

Who gives a crap if someone posts eBay purchases in the thrift finds thread?

Most of the issue is people seemed to be rather upset that the guy was passing them off as thrift finds.

Not to mention all the constant flaming and lack of proper moderation.

Yes. The moderators should have immediately stopped the pissing and moaning, as well as tempbanning the guy passing off the purchases a lot sooner.

It was at that point that I decided to leave, and not return.

To be honest I left it after I joined. Try this one on for size I registered a few months back and after a few days my login info seemly vanished from their server.

Frankly I don't think it's a server issue, I think it's a cash issue. As in I think they owe there host money.

Ha ha. It's not a cash issue. Their server box is on the way out I think, having a lot of issues lately. I think they're just waiting for some people to have free time to change to a new one. Joe may own the site, but he's leaves it to several volunteers who manage it.

I happen to love that forum, it's not a technical-savvy as this one, and I agree the buying/selling is not as good, but the game and off topic discussions are very good. Have made quite a few new friends. Plus you'd be surprised how many times someone with a prototype or something rare will pop up on that forum before anywhere else.

To be honest I left it after I joined. Try this one on for size I registered a few months back and after a few days my login info seemly vanished from their server.

Frankly I don't think it's a server issue, I think it's a cash issue. As in I think they owe there host money.

Ha ha. It's not a cash issue. Their server box is on the way out I think, having a lot of issues lately. I think they're just waiting for some people to have free time to change to a new one. Joe may own the site, but he's leaves it to several volunteers who manage it.

I happen to love that forum, it's not a technical-savvy as this one, and I agree the buying/selling is not as good, but the game and off topic discussions are very good. Have made quite a few new friends. Plus you'd be surprised how many times someone with a prototype or something rare will pop up on that forum before anywhere else.

Speaking of prototypes, what was that thread there about some unreleased nes game that went on over there? I forget what the game was (not a big nes fan) but I remember that thread was epic. Especially when the cart was smashed like the ring of power. I laughed so hard. Truly epic...

Speaking of prototypes, what was that thread there about some unreleased nes game that went on over there? I forget what the game was (not a big nes fan) but I remember that thread was epic. Especially when the cart was smashed like the ring of power. I laughed so hard. Truly epic...

Bioforce Ape, the most famous prototype/hoax in game history, and pretty much the whole lore went down on the DP Board.

Indeed they are migrating to a new server. I forgot the exact date but I think it will be today or in the next few days. There will be down time and any posts in the last few days will not make it inthe migration. I think any posts after the 17th won't make it. I like DP though I noticed that these days it is not the same as say 5 years ago when tons of good stuff can be found in the buy/sell thread. I still find some good buys there, but stuff like I am selling a Vectrex, Pong, Coleco Adam, Intellivision are rarer. I gather these days due to a larger retro community and with the help of more websites, youtube and awareness that more and more people are keeping the good stuff.

Nobody remembers the great outages of 2005!

Visiting DP has become something of a habit for me over the years, and though I don't post the way I used to (I generally avoid off-topic in most forums I visit now a days), it still has a vast userbase with a wide range of interests. When I research an article about something obscure (my system of interest being the SNES), I always get better responses and more information from DP than other sites (like Assembler Games). I hope that DP isn't gone for the long term.