IGNORED

Digitpress Forum

NinjaWarrior

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/index.php

The Retrogaming Roundtable forums are temporarily unavailable while we evaluate performance solutions. The Digital Press staff thank you for your patience.

In the meantime we suggest using the forums over at AtariAge, our good friends and DP associates, for all your message board needs.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

I like to peruse DP and I'm a member, but I don't post because I can't. When I first signed up I could not complete the registration process for some reason, I believe it was the email verification. I emailed and messaged everybody on that site and nobody ever got back to me so I'm stuck being a lurker.

I won't lie - it's my forum of preference since I cut my collecting teeth there. Hell, even wrote a few really awful articles for 'em too XD

It'll be back, at least I hope as it's great on the classic side if you like really off the wall stuff (like me). AA is great, and with my retro-computing fetish it's a great resource, as well as tipping me off to the joy that is the A8... but a lot of my online friends came from DP. Hope it sticks around...

But really - the awesome thing is both these sites are still kicking. AA and DP both rock.

Hi, I saw DP's recommendation for here while it was down. XP

So, uh... heyo. As per my typical way to introduce myself, I shall link Satellablog;

http://bsx.superfamicom.org/ (force of habit to use this url even though http://superfamicom.org/blog works just as well)

Hope I don't appear too out of place here! Or... something.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/index.php

The Retrogaming Roundtable forums are temporarily unavailable while we evaluate performance solutions. The Digital Press staff thank you for your patience.

In the meantime we suggest using the forums over at AtariAge, our good friends and DP associates, for all your message board needs.

:thumbsup:

That was classy of them. Not that it matters, but their stock just went up a few points in my book.

Chris

Edited by Jibbajaba

Hi, I saw DP's recommendation for here while it was down. XP

So, uh... heyo. As per my typical way to introduce myself, I shall link Satellablog;

http://bsx.superfamicom.org/ (force of habit to use this url even though http://superfamicom.org/blog works just as well)

Hope I don't appear too out of place here! Or... something.

Welcome! :D

This place is way cooler anyways.

SpasticFuctard has been jabbing the site and forum alive, usually whenever we vbenderites tell him that the thing is down, partly because he's not currently available to replace the server's hard drive, which SF believes to be the core problem (besides the chronic lack of updates to board software). According to him, the board does in fact work (as he ran it locally on his home system without incident) in its present state. However, I haven't seen him in the 'bender since the entire site (redirect to AA and all) went down Saturday, so it's hard to say when it will next be at least marginally up. SF, however, won't be able to test his hypothesis about the hard drive for another couple of weeks.

From what i understood, the entire server needs to be change

I should have used a wink emoticon....

Anyway too bad they're down, hopefully it's gonna be fixed soon for the guys over there. If a board is down for a while, it suffers. Takes ages to get the members visiting again. I was really looking forward to browse a bit there.

I'm glad they directed us from Digitpress to this website. Something about their black and red as well as their rarity database makes it inviting. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Most of the time my browser can't even access the screen that says go to Atari Age. I had used this site for information about the Atari systems when browsing, but never really thought of joining the forum. It will probably beat trying to talk to some of the people on Sonic Retro. That's supposed to be a good forum that you have to present yourself as intelligent and willing to contribute in a positive way to join, but a lot of the people on there are real downers especially when they post in the Members Lounge. I've made a few friends but it's funny to see how easily many people there are banned or ridiculed for posting hack ideas when they only want people to post their hacks if they already have some work on them with pictures to show for it.

Originally I collected game systems but I have reached a point where I am happy with the ones I have (well except I might like a Commodore Amiga in addition to those). I also bought a bunch of random loose cartridges and discs for systems at liquidation which I am now regretting. Like I had to move and didn't have space for it all. So I decided that I'd sell all the loose games and buy CIB copies of my favorites only and leave the games I don't care about for other people who might appreciate them more. One thing I did like about Digitpress is the buy/sell forums. I don't know if people do trades or sales here but I'll look around the site more and see if I see a topic about it. I collect arcade ports for pre-NES systems as well.

The Retrogaming Roundtable forums and D.P. Web site are in the process of transferring to a different server. This is an ongoing process and we appreciate your continued patience. The forums should be available again before the end of the week. Stay tuned to these messages.

In the mean time, please join your fellow board members in the vBender chat room or, for all your message board needs, the forums over at AtariAge.

• 1 year later...