IGNORED

need ideas

mark

5's and 6's, I will not usually pay more than $15-20 unless I REALLY want it.

7 or 8, I could go$25 maybe more depending.

9 or 10, well that's just crazy talk. No one SELLS these, they are for trade only. But once you get this high in rarity, all sensible pricing goes out the window.

Why? What you looking to unload? :D

I asked someone that very same question once. I saved his response as a Word Document so that I can use it as a guide. I don't know if he is still a member of the AA board but here is what I received:

-----------------begins here --------------------------------------

Here's a rough rarity-to-price table. It's nothing scientific, just a mental guideline I use whenever I grope around eBay auctions for deals on loose 2600 cartridges.

Market conditions do change over time and with the moods of the collecting community at large. I therefore find the need to adjust my "mental guideline" fairly regularly, otherwise my concept of Value gets pretty out of whack with reality. Don't expect this or any other "Guide" to be accurate for more than, say, 3 or 4 months tops.

Rarity___Value

1 . . . . . $1

2 . . . . . $1.50

3 . . . . . $3

4 . . . . . $7

5 . . . . . $12

6 . . . . . $24

7 . . . . . $45

8 . . . . . $75

9 . . . . . $110

10. . . . . $150 - $TheSky

Always keep in mind that rarity is not the sole factor in determining the value of an Atari 2600 cartridge, nor is rarity assignment by any means an absolute science. Other key considerations include:

* Demand - Games which are more desireable to collectors will command a greater price.

* Condition - Even extremely rare games have little value if the label is missing or if the cartridge case has chunks of plasic missing.

* Completeness - A game with the manual, in some cases, can double the price. Complete in the box can sometimes mean a tripling in value or more.

* Format - In many cases an NTSC format game will be much more rare than its PAL counterpart, and therefor command a higher price.

* Recent Auctions - A rash of auctions for a given title could mean that a new warehouse discovery has been made. By-the-book rarity of such an item will need to be adjusted, as should the price you should pay for it.

I hope that helps. At least for awhile.

Ben

------------------ends here -----------------------

I hope that helps you out.