IGNORED

HSC7 Game 16: Preppie & Preppie II

therealbountybob

Preppie! & Preppie! II

With still no sign of a shoot'em up, the Preppies' romped home in the voting!

Scoring for both games will be combined.

Bonus HSC points for top three places for each game plus an extra point for the winner of each!

Atarionline.pl has various xex and atr files. Atarimania only has .cas files but has instructions: Preppie! & Preppie! II

;)

Game closes on Sunday 26th September 10am BST

Atarimania ratings 7.2 & 7.1

da da da da, da da da da, da-da-da-da-daaahhh :music:

Those .CAS files take forever to load. I guess not forever, but long enough that you want to hit BRK key or something.

You load it from the real hardware? With Atari800MacX it loads in 1 second. Just deactivate the Speed Limit.

I do not have a tape here, so I was going for the ATRs, but I couldn´t find any Preppie1 ATR which works with the SIO2USB. So I took the XEX and use the SDrive, that works fine.

Edited by skr

Those .CAS files take forever to load. I guess not forever, but long enough that you want to hit BRK key or something.

You load it from the real hardware? With Atari800MacX it loads in 1 second. Just deactivate the Speed Limit.

I do not have a tape here, so I was going for the ATRs, but I couldn´t find any Preppie1 ATR which works with the SIO2USB. So I took the XEX and use the SDrive, that works fine.

I got the .CAS file and it takes a long time on emulator and on real machine. I didn't see any speed limit sign in the emulator. I think it's 55 mph normally on the road.

As long as you have dropped off any balls that you have collect you should be able to pick up those two balls as normal

Okay, I guess that was the issue. I need to take one ball at a time back to the starting point.

By the way, did you vote for Preppie?

no but I am listening to By the Way as I type ;) I voted for Diamonds & DSB (I think)... rarely does what I vote for win the poll but I'm happy to play any game so that's ok :) Will give Preppie a bash tomorrow (he's not that far away) :evil:

Attached are standard length ATRs of the two games if anyone wants to try them.

-Steve

Thank you very much, these work fine. Never played Preppie much, because it is boring and too slow to play. And next week I´m going to the US, so I don´t know if I will have enough time to play it:

Preppie 1: 12480

post-21666-128440482306_thumb.jpg

Preppie 2: 5540

post-21666-128440483169_thumb.jpg

-Steve

Thank you very much, these work fine. Never played Preppie much, because it is boring and too slow to play. And next week I´m going to the US, so I don´t know if I will have enough time to play it:

Preppie 1: 12480

post-21666-128440482306_thumb.jpg

Preppie 2: 5540

post-21666-128440483169_thumb.jpg

You can play NTSC version in USA. If you come near Edison, NJ, I'll play with you two player.

As long as you have dropped off any balls that you have collect you should be able to pick up those two balls as normal

Okay, I guess that was the issue. I need to take one ball at a time back to the starting point.

no but I am listening to By the Way as I type ;) I voted for Diamonds & DSB (I think)... rarely does what I vote for win the poll but I'm happy to play any game so that's ok :) Will give Preppie a bash tomorrow (he's not that far away) :evil:

I think we need a definition of Preppie so we know what it is. (I mean the game not the AtariAge user.)

-Steve

Thanks for the ATRs; that sped things up. And I'm glad you used 8 letter filenames as I don't like those long filenames especially with puntuation marks and spaces.

Here's my first time playing this. This looks like frogger, but the boat part is like Keystone Kapers elevator and sounds like it.

post-16716-128440817419_thumb.jpg

funnily enough I did. not that I am any good, it's just the first game I ever bought, and the reason that my parents bought me a 400 in 1982 after seeing it running in a local computer store.

I think we need a definition of Preppie so we know what it is. (I mean the game not the AtariAge user.)

from Page6 magazine Issue 2 Feb/mar 1983

PREPPIE is like Frogger in that you have to get your 'Preppie' (American for schoolboy) across the golf course with assorted mowers, tractors and golf buggies and then across a river with boats, logs and alligators. In this game however you must retrieve golf balls and make it back again. The game is not too difficult to play (I scored over 12000 the first try!) and is probably ideally suited to children even if they just watch you play. The graphics and the music will keep them enthralled and there will be howls of laughter when the Preppie falls in the river or gets squashed by a golf cart!