IGNORED

Free sprites for the taking

PAC-MAN-RED

Excellent work! All of it. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words, and from everyone. :)

I created a simple walking and jumping GIF with the sprites you created. Looks pretty cool. :P

Hey that looks great! Although, it looks different as your avatar. I think it is because it's a GIF picture being shrunk to fit as the avatar. If it's converted to PNG it should keep it looking the same.

Excellent work! All of it. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words, and from everyone. :)

I created a simple walking and jumping GIF with the sprites you created. Looks pretty cool. :P

Hey that looks great! Although, it looks different as your avatar. I think it is because it's a GIF picture being shrunk to fit as the avatar. If it's converted to PNG it should keep it looking the same.

Thanks! Actually, I saved my avatar as a GIF image of the animation, but it won't play. I noticed your av is animated. How did you get it to animate? Am I doing something incorrect? The file I uploaded as my av animates if I drag into a browser... :?

-B

Thanks! Actually, I saved my avatar as a GIF image of the animation, but it won't play. I noticed your av is animated. How did you get it to animate? Am I doing something incorrect? The file I uploaded as my av animates if I drag into a browser... :?

-B

I noticed that each of the frames inside of your GIF file is a different size, and the Frame Origins aren't all the same either, but I'm not sure if those are the cause of the problem. When I made my Avatar, I set it at the max size of 120 x 120 pixels to prevent the forum software from shrinking it, which I've found can also affect the animated GIFs. Hope this helps. :)

post-26314-128959919408_thumb.png

I created the animation in InDesign, so not sure what the issue is. It must be the dimensions. I'll try resizing before exporting it to see if that works. Thanks for your help! :)

When are we going to see some new sprites?

- B

Edited by Brian O

I created the animation in InDesign, so not sure what the issue is. It must be the dimensions. I'll try resizing before exporting it to see if that works. Thanks for your help! :)

- B

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

I've got some more Metroid sprites done, and I should be posting them later on today. I'm trying to do them in larger batches so that the thread doesn't get too long lol... ya it's a bit late for that, but I'm gonna try. :)

- B

I've got some more Metroid sprites done, and I should be posting them later on today. I'm trying to do them in larger batches so that the thread doesn't get too long lol... ya it's a bit late for that, but I'm gonna try. :)

Can't wait to see the Metroid sprites. I may download VBB and see what I can create. It might be fun.

PS -- The av not animating was because of the size. You were right. Made the animation 120x120 and it worked.

Thanks! :)

-B

- B

Can't wait to see the Metroid sprites. I may download VBB and see what I can create. It might be fun.

PS -- The av not animating was because of the size. You were right. Made the animation 120x120 and it worked.

Thanks! :)

-B

Sweet! I'm glad it worked out. :)

For the metroid ones, it's hard for me to envision them without some context (such as a background).

I think there are a lot of bug-like things in that game, and in many environments.

How hard would it be for someone to put together a mock screenshot of the metroid sprites?

-John

• 2 weeks later...

For the metroid ones, it's hard for me to envision them without some context (such as a background).

I think there are a lot of bug-like things in that game, and in many environments.

How hard would it be for someone to put together a mock screenshot of the metroid sprites?

-John

I'll give it a shot as soon as I've returned from my trip. :)

EDIT:

I'm Back! :D

The Original post-26314-129132827505_thumb.png The Mock-Up post-26314-129132829608_thumb.png

In the Mock-up, Samus and the Ball like Shot are from the original NES version because... well... it's a mock-up. What did you expect?! :rolling:

Edited by PAC-MAN-RED

-John

EDIT:

The Original post-26314-129132827505_thumb.png The Mock-Up post-26314-129132829608_thumb.png

In the Mock-up, Samus and the Ball like Shot are from the original NES version because... well... it's a mock-up. What did you expect?! :rolling:

Now this is fun stuff. Keep it up!

-John

-John

EDIT:

Now this is fun stuff. Keep it up!

-John

Thank you. It is fun for me to make or convert sprites and share them with everyone. :)