IGNORED

FS/T: INTV, GEN, PSX, VCS, CV, etc.

thegoldenband

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My friend had the "non-Mike" version, and I remember beating Macho Man and then being freaked out when some pale white dude ("Mr. Dream") came up instead of Tyson. Pretty much the same moves as I recall, although I also remember not being able to beat him like I could MT, so his patterns must have been a bit different. Or maybe it's just that I was freaked out by the fact that some pasty caucasian was the toughest fighter in the game. :)

Edited by gzsfrk
  • Like 1

My friend had the "non-Mike" version, and I remember beating Macho Man and then being freaked out when some pale white dude ("Mr. Dream") came up instead of Tyson. Pretty much the same moves as I recall, although I also remember not being able to beat him like I could MT, so his patterns must have been a bit different. Or maybe it's just that I was freaked out by the fact that some pasty caucasian was the toughest fighter in the game. :)

they usually are ...

Or maybe it's just that I was freaked out by the fact that some pasty caucasian was the toughest fighter in the game. :)

There probably aren't too many situations in which someone was more freaked out by the sudden appearance of a pasty Caucasian than by the sudden appearance of Mike Tyson! Then again, his pigeons would probably prefer the latter...

I'm curious, how well do those clip-on Intellivision joysticks actually work?

You know, I'm not sure that I've tried them -- I seem to remember that I wasn't having any luck getting those controllers to work, so I swapped them out, but I don't remember if I systematically tested the Stickler controllers...

...but wait, how did you know that one of my spare "broken" Intys had Sticklers? :? The description used to say that, but somehow got edited out. Either you've got one heck of a memory, or psychic powers.

Or maybe it's just that I was freaked out by the fact that some pasty caucasian was the toughest fighter in the game. :)

There probably aren't too many situations in which someone was more freaked out by the sudden appearance of a pasty Caucasian than by the sudden appearance of Mike Tyson! Then again, his pigeons would probably prefer the latter...

I'm curious, how well do those clip-on Intellivision joysticks actually work?

You know, I'm not sure that I've tried them -- I seem to remember that I wasn't having any luck getting those controllers to work, so I swapped them out, but I don't remember if I systematically tested the Stickler controllers...

...but wait, how did you know that one of my spare "broken" Intys had Sticklers? :? The description used to say that, but somehow got edited out. Either you've got one heck of a memory, or psychic powers.

The Super Pro system box has a picture of them.