IGNORED

Picked up a factory new Bally Arcade

Parrothead

I came across a new, in box Bally Arcade System (Montgomery Wards version). I don't think I can bring myself to open it up and play it though. So not sure if I will keep it or throw it on GameGavel. I normally only collect stuff I can play. I have found these quite a few times over the years, but finding one that is completely working is tough. So tempting.

ballyastrocade.jpg

Edited by Parrothead

Can you resist playing "The Incredible Wizard" after reading this review? http://www.videogamecritic.net/astroaz.htm#Incredible_Wizard,_The

I know, Incredible Wizard looks great. I haven't opened it yet and it is taunting me :) I may just get a cheap opened one and play it. I've found them before at the swaps, but never one that worked all that well. AGGGGGG! What to do?

There are a ton of these out there. They aren't particularly rare. Why open it and kill a sealed one when there is plenty of interest for something like that. Trust me guys, there are tons of opened Astrocades that aren't being played either. He can make one of those "happy" for you guys without ruining a rarity. Do what Ax said.

Ok. So I got the Bally off of Craigslist and FINALLY got it. The good news is, this thing is in pristine condition and best of all, I think it was at least removed and played at least once as there was a loose Incredible Wizard cartridge and the wrapping around the Bally was not sealed in any way so the unit could be removed from the wrapping with no undoing of anything. There are four controllers, one pair is wrapped and the other two are opened but still look like they have never been touched.

So good news is I feel no issue taking this out and playing with it :) It is gorgeous though and whether it was played or not I am real happy with it. Holding these controllers which look perfect is truly a great feeling as all the ones I've found in the past are always busted and dirty.

bally1.jpg

bally2.jpg

bally3.JPG

Edited by Parrothead