IGNORED

SMURF CHALLENGE

youki

Hi All,

My new game SMURF CHALLENGE is being to be completed now. The release candidate is being beta tested.

So it is time to collect "email" to whom would be interrested in buying this game.

So the game will come Boxed with manual and will be published by CollectorVision.

I don't not yet the price , but i think it should be around 60USD as the other CollectorVision title.

If you are interrested just send me a email on : coleco_smurf@atomicfe.com

IT IS NOT A PRE-ORDER , just an interrest check , If you send a mail you will just receive a mail when the game will be ready to buy.

You can see last screenshots of the game here :

Smurf Challenge Screenshots

Thanks

I'd love one. It looks really cool from the screenshots, but $60 is a bit too pricey for me.

Hi All,

My new game SMURF CHALLENGE is being to be completed now. The release candidate is being beta tested.

So it is time to collect "email" to whom would be interrested in buying this game.

So the game will come Boxed with manual and will be published by CollectorVision.

I don't not yet the price , but i think it should be around 60USD as the other CollectorVision title.

IT IS NOT A PRE-ORDER , just an interrest check , If you send a mail you will just receive a mail when the game will be ready to buy.

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks

I'm game... sent you an email.

This game projet reminds me somehow the never released game "Papa Smurf's Treasure Hunt" also know as "Smurfette's Birthday" annonced by Coleco Industries in their presskit.

I hope you will like the music as well as the game.

Hi Daniel,

Do you have information on that games? Is there "screenshot", "mockup" or "Artist view" for theses games?

Thanks

This game projet reminds me somehow the never released game "Papa Smurf's Treasure Hunt" also know as "Smurfette's Birthday" annonced by Coleco Industries in their presskit.

Hi Daniel,

Do you have information on that games? Is there "screenshot", "mockup" or "Artist view" for theses games?

Thanks

You can see a mockup of the game

. You'll see it at 7:36 into the video.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks

You can see a mockup of the game

. You'll see it at 7:36 into the video.

thanks. I don't see the parallal with that game and my game.. except it is a smurf game. :?

thanks. I don't see the parallal with that game and my game.. except it is a smurf game. :?

If you are afraid to be accused of something, ok fine, it has nothing to do with the game in the press kit, but if you look at it without fear, you will see...

Multiple screens adventure game featuring Smurf... and the description in the press kit let me suppose that it's about minigames and Smurfette (of course). And why not adding that Coleco+Peyo = good kid game in my opinion. Even if some people don't like Smurf recue in Gargamel's castle, I consider that because there was even a fan based game named Smurfen for the Commodore 64 which is directly a clone of this Coleco game... it's showing its impact in the videogames and it's huge considering that it wasn't an arcade game. And so, in this vibe, I'm expecting that Coleco fans will welcome your game as well (or more) as the never released Coleco game. And that concludes what I was refering to when saying that this game reminds me of the game in the Coleco press kit.

Edited by newcoleco
  • Like 1

If you are afraid to be accused of something, ok fine, it has nothing to do with the game in the press kit, but if you look at it without fear, you will see...

Multiple screens adventure game featuring Smurf... and the description in the press kit let me suppose that it's about minigames and Smurfette (of course). And why not adding that Coleco+Peyo = good kid game in my opinion. Even if some people don't like Smurf recue in Gargamel's castle, I consider that because there was even a fan based game named Smurfen for the Commodore 64 which is directly a clone of this Coleco game... it's showing its impact in the videogames and it's huge considering that it wasn't an arcade game. And so, in this vibe, I'm expecting that Coleco fans will welcome your game as well (or more) as the never released Coleco game. And that concludes what I was refering to when saying that this game reminds me of the game in the Coleco press kit.

no, no, i'm not afraid to be accused of something at all, i was just wondering what was the similarities.

I think people who does not like Smurf recue in Gargamel's castle is because they didn't get the point that was a game for little kids. If you look the game keeping that in mind it is for little children , the game is really good and really well thought. (for instance, the game does not use the fire buttons that would be very difficult for a young kid to use due to the size of its hands) . Of course for more aged kid , the game is not really interresting except being quiet nice for its time.

And it is the first game in video game history using the Smurf License!.

The funny thing is that i have always prefered the Atari 2600 version of that game than the colecovision one.

the new Smurf challenge have been inspired from multiple games (not Smurf games) , we will see if you can find what ones when you will have the cartridges. ;)

• 3 months later...

Just received my copy of Retro Gamer magazine (Issue 85 - http://www.retrogamer.net/) yesterday and was blown away to find a review of Smurf Challenge in the Homebrew section (page 100). The review covers a full page with lots of screenshots. The great thing is the conclusion gives the game a whopping score of 91% and a "Retro Gamer Sizzler" award.

Congratulations youki :D

Now I can't wait to get the game and play it with my Smurf Challenge controller :D :D :D

Just received my copy of Retro Gamer magazine (Issue 85 - http://www.retrogamer.net/) yesterday and was blown away to find a review of Smurf Challenge in the Homebrew section (page 100). The review covers a full page with lots of screenshots. The great thing is the conclusion gives the game a whopping score of 91% and a "Retro Gamer Sizzler" award.

Congratulations youki :D

Now I can't wait to get the game and play it with my Smurf Challenge controller :D :D :D

Ooohhh could you scan and post that?

Is there any video of this game in action?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer