IGNORED

What style of cart do you have for Robot Rubble & League of light?

Rev

Of course I would send you the labels... not a problem.

Thing is, being that you paid so much for the games ($2500!!! Geesh... Wish I had horded a few...lol), I would seriously suggest you do not try to do this yourself. Its difficult to get it in there, and if you have never done it before, you can actually make it much worse.

I had a guy try it himself... He ended up screwing it all up. I agreed to help him out so he sent me the cart. It was a total pooch-screw. He nearly screwed up the eprom on the board. (There's alot to worry about when messing with the boards and eproms. If you were serious about it, I am sure you could ask around and see that I'm on the up & up. I don't try to cheat anyone. You wouldn't even have to send me the box.... I could tell you how to retro-fit it for the sleeve....then just take one from a Pitfall or something.

To custom fit the cart shell and put it all together & do the box, Ive charged $60 per game in the past. This includes all of the parts and labor & shipping back to you. (It does take a while to complete. usually a couple of days to let parts dry from the adhesion).

I would do it for you guys for $50 per game. It sounds like alot, but there is alot of work involved. and its intricate.

Yeah... It sounds like alot, but think what it would be worth then?

I sold a set of every Activision game a few years back. All were in the box and the lot included League and Rubble, as well as River Raid... (I think all the games sold for $800-$900? ... that was 3 years ago)

Whatever you do, please don't try to do it yourself. You could mess up the board and never be able to regain access to the game itself. If you are worried about sending it off,.... Then best thing to do would be to just leave it as is....

Funny thing... (I had one guy send me a cart to retro-fit for him. He sent the game complete with box general mail! It wasn't even in a box!,...it was in an envelope of all things. I couldn't believe it didn't get damaged in transit. He was a very lucky guy. (I sent it back to him Priority with insurance))

I'm actually not involved in the games anymore.

I just don't have the time.

But, it is nice to help out the people that have the love for the game as i do.

Anything I can do to help...

Cant believe that guy sent it to you not in a box!!!!

Let me think about it for a few days. it's not that i dont trust you, It that sometimes things happen. Like with the post office or something weird like that is all.

I bought a overlay series 3 from you a few years back when you were clearing them out. Now i wish i bought them all...lol...the last one just sold this week for over 300? i think.

seriously , make some more. or me and Cmart will...:D :D :D :D

BTW, what happenned to your site? i liked going there to check out the pics and your top 10 rare games list.

also remember you mentioned that the basketball game was the only one with real people on the cover? i think chipshot golf has real people on it too....:P

What is the best way to contact you...message here on AA?

Contacting me on here would be the best way.

I stopped paying for the site... I know, I probably shouldn't have... but too many people contacting me to get Overlay sets. Some begging me. I spent alot of time e-mailing people back and just got tired after a while. When someone stole the images off of the site and tried making terrible paper copies, I figured that was enough.

When I first started making the overlays, I did not intend to make so many. I believe there was a total of around 300 sets made incuding all 3 series of Overlays. (I have the exact number somewhere). I made a deal with Keith Robinson of Intellivision to the effect that I would only make a limited number of overlays, and when I was done with series 3, that would be it. ...so, for legal reasons, I really cannot continue to make them. To be frank, I don't know if I would do it anyways. One of the things I like about the sets is the fact that there is a limited number out there. Those who were smart enough to get a set have something special. Plus, the cost to produce the overlays was pretty expensive once I had them printed, had the boxes and labels done, etc.... not to mention the hundreds of hours I spent designing them. I really didn't make any money. It was just for fun,...and the other collectors. I think I cleared about $4 or $5 profit per set...lol

I was thinking of donating the Artwork though. Maybe taking the proof images for printing and giving them to Intellivision Lives to maybe put on their website. But, I'm not sure about that. I don't want to de-value all of the sets that are out there.

You know, I designed alot more artwork over the years than just the overlays. Some is pretty sweet, but never came to be realized. I made a box cover for "Space C*#{:content:}quot; some years back. The plan was to talk to Keith Robinson and try to get him to let Intelligentvision to produce it for a short run. It kinda fell through when we found out that he was mad at us for making the games in the first place. By that time, I already had the box artwork done. Wanna see it? (I let someone use it for their website a while back... cant remember what site though)

Think about what I said and if you ever decide you want to do it, you could fed ex it to me... that way it will be quick, and trackable. everyone that has had it done loves them... no joke. But, I understand your concern. I would be the same. It is a prize possession for sure.

Thanks for all the background info Roger! I must admit I miss your site as well, many do. Maybe you could fire it back up with a giant message on the homepage "PLEASE STOP ASKING ME ABOUT NEW OVERLAY SETS!" :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I would definitely like to see Space C*#@ box art. Hell, I'd like to buy a box! :grin: Please feel free to share your artwork, you'd definitely have a captive and interested audience here. It surprises me Keith would be upset about you guys making games for the INTV. We'd like them to put out new games but they haven't so why wouldn't we want/support other homebrewers doing so.

Do you have labels for both L of L and RR? I may take you up on your offer. The price is more than reasonable given what you're doing. :thumbsup:

i want to see the space cunt box art as well.

you do know that alex pace has space cunt on a cart?

Seriously? That's awesome! I wonder who put it on cart for him?

• 8 years later...
2 hours ago, intvsteve said:

Were the Activision labels part of the kit? I never assembled the boxes, but I'm certain I have the Mattel style carts.

my copies are generic Mattel shells too and the Activision labels were not in the kit I received back in the day from Psycho_Stormtrooper.

IIRC, the original kit included cart (in Mattel shell), manual, 2 overlays, box (with no cart retainer) and instruction sheet (of thin cardboard) on how to transform the standard box into an Activision-ish one by cutting the top flap and adding an internal sheet sleeve recycled from an original Activision game.

EDIT: I wrote "adding an internal sheet" but I meant "adding an internal sleeve"

Edited by intellivotion

16 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

my copies are generic Mattel shells too and the Activision labels were not in the kit I received back in the day from Psycho_Stormtrooper.

IIRC, the original kit included cart (in Mattel shell), manual, 2 overlays, box (with no cart retainer) and instruction sheet (of thin cardboard) on how to transform the standard box in an Activision-ish one by cutting the top flap and adding an internal sheet recycled from an original Activision game.

Exact same for me.

21 hours ago, intellivotion said:

IIRC, the original kit included cart (in Mattel shell), manual, 2 overlays, box (with no cart retainer) and instruction sheet (of thin cardboard) on how to transform the standard box into an Activision-ish one by cutting the top flap and adding an internal sheet sleeve recycled from an original Activision game.

EDIT: I wrote "adding an internal sheet" but I meant "adding an internal sleeve"

I've found two old pics showing the instruction sheet of thin cardboard I was talking about. Oddly, the LoL's is full color and the RR's is b&w, even though the cardboard is the same. That's what I got from the producer.gallery_41160_1556_102950.jpggallery_41160_1556_195779.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

I've found two old pics showing the instruction sheet of thin cardboard I was talking about. Oddly, the LoL's is full color and the RR's is b&w, even though the cardboard is the same. That's what I got from the producer.gallery_41160_1556_102950.jpggallery_41160_1556_195779.jpg

Yep those came with mine too. 

17 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I did get the cardboard instructions and put the boxes together.

I completely forgot that part,thank you for the reminder!?

I am pretty sure I still have that cardboard part someplace....

• 2 years later...
On 11/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, gunoz said:

Dug the box out of the attic. It's Robot Rubble that I have both styles. I haven't tried assembling the cart.

D6982808-B4E1-4B63-B7E7-23C4F240C3C2.jpeg

5971B51F-FDD2-419C-A76B-EFE4F12DFF58.jpeg

I never sold these like this. You had to have bought it from someone i was tight with and made the cart for. (I can tell by the hand-written note inside the shell. I would not trust someone to do it correctly on their own..lol). They were never sold as a kit, only in mattel cart form. The ones you see in Activision shells were more or less favors for people i knew. I also made the sleeves fit for these Activision cart ones. I believe i did 10 or so of each title total.

..and no, i dont have 50 sitting in my closet..lol.

I have 1 of each... thats it.

I know its an old post but just wanted to clarify things.

• Like 5

On 12/15/2021 at 2:31 AM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I never sold these like this. You had to have bought it from someone i was tight with and made the cart for. (I can tell by the hand-written note inside the shell. I would not trust someone to do it correctly on their own..lol). They were never sold as a kit, only in mattel cart form. The ones you see in Activision shells were more or less favors for people i knew. I also made the sleeves fit for these Activision cart ones. I believe i did 10 or so of each title total.

..and no, i dont have 50 sitting in my closet..lol.

I have 1 of each... thats it.

I know its an old post but just wanted to clarify things.

Trying to remember way back... I hadn't realize that LoL and RR had been released until some time later when I saw them pop up in auctions. Managed to get LoL, standard Mattel shell, but RR eluded me for a while. When I finally got one, I had absolutely no idea about the Activision shell until I opened the package. Wasn't until later that I realized how rare that was. And yes, I thought it was much safer to leave it as is and not try to assemble it.

Just a complete bit of Lady Luck shining on me that day. Kinda like when I randomly wandered into Toys R Us mid 80's, and walked out with a NIB Spiker for $25...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gunoz said:

Trying to remember way back... I hadn't realize that LoL and RR had been released until some time later when I saw them pop up in auctions. Managed to get LoL, standard Mattel shell, but RR eluded me for a while. When I finally got one, I had absolutely no idea about the Activision shell until I opened the package. Wasn't until later that I realized how rare that was. And yes, I thought it was much safer to leave it as is and not try to assemble it.

Just a complete bit of Lady Luck shining on me that day. Kinda like when I randomly wandered into Toys R Us mid 80's, and walked out with a NIB Spiker for $25...

You dog!

Yea, i had a great moment like that way back in 2001? This is a long story, but a good one!

I bought a huge lot of games off of ebay. The woman selling it said it was her husbands old games and he didnt know she was selling them. (Not sure if it was true or not at the time). It had alot of super pro games.. many mint dups, and even a congo bongo. I was so excited to get them. When they came, everything was there except the boxed mountain madness ( that was listed but not pictured)and a couple commons. I was mad. When i told her the box did not have all the games, she back-peddled.. saying that she would look for it. Didnt hear back from her so having her name and address from the box shipping label, i did a search and got her home phone number. When i called, her husband answered (i was kindof scared to explain in case he didnt know his wife sold off his collection!). I went ahead and explained the situation. He said he knew about it and would make it right. (I was glad i wasnt about to be in the middle of a divorce hearing, or murder investigation..lol). He said he couldnt find the mountain madness but he found some others that werent in the listing. I guess he was ok with selling them after all. I said ok. Fast-forward 2 weeks when i finally got a package from him.

Have you seen Raiders of the Lost Ark.. when they opened the Ark... and the look on their faces?... along with music in the background?

It was like that, i swear. Here i was, looking down into a shoebox of 8 brand new "Volleyball" labeled carts in sealed bags with instructions from Intv. I was in shock! This was early on, even before i knew what they really were. I assumed they were Spiker's, but i did not know why they said "Volleyball" & not spiker. Also, i didnt know about Intv selling the last of their stock in bags at that time either. I opened one and popped it in the 2609 just to make sure i wasnt getting scammed. Sure enough.. they were all Spiker carts!  I ended up selling all but one over the next several years. Im sure some of the guys on here have some from me.

I kinda wish i had kept a couple...lol.

Sorry about the long story... but it was one of my Holy-Grail moments. I think if i look hard enough, i can find a pic of all of them together.

I think this guy i got them from must have bought alot of extra stock right at the end of Intv, or he worked there when they closed. I even remember one of the games was a Slam Dunk in a mountain Madness box, but the Slam Dunk instruction front page was hot-glued to the front of box. They must have done that at the end when they were running out of boxes i surmised. What a shame. I have no idea who he was to this day. Lost all info on them and listing.

• Like 8