IGNORED

Music used in A8 Games

therealbountybob

So we're playing Preppie! (& Preppie II!) in the HSC and yesterday I go to the local music shop with young master Gwobby so he can check out an electric-mandalin; yes the youth of today and no they hadn't heard of it either.

Anyway across the shop there's another random youngster trying out the violins, and in a very surreal moment I thought "hang on I know that tune", although not all the notes were necessarily in the right order, and he's only playing the Preppie! theme tune :cool:

I was going to ask him to play the theme from Preppie! II but I feared rapid expulsion from the shop :D

So that got me thinking: what is that piece of music called and what other famous (classical or modern) tunes have been used in Atari 8-bit games :?:

So that got me thinking: what is that piece of music called and what other famous (classical or modern) tunes have been used in Atari 8-bit games :?:

is the the more memorable version of the song for me. ;) I probably wouldn't know the tune otherwise. Edited by MrFish

Spy's Demise has more than one song? The one I remember is Hungarian Dance 5 by Brahms.

Mountain King uses In the Hall of the Mountain King by Gried, and I think the game Henri uses a classical tune. Can't remember, tho, and haven't played it in ages.

Spy's Demise has more than one song? The one I remember is Hungarian Dance 5 by Brahms.

Mountain King uses In the Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg, and I think the game Henri uses a classical tune. Can't remember, tho, and haven't played it in ages.

is the the more memorable version of the song for me. ;) I probably wouldn't know the tune otherwise.

That guy chasing the rabbit does have a rough voice; can you translate what he's singing?

is the the more memorable version of the song for me. ;) I probably wouldn't know the tune otherwise.

That guy chasing the rabbit does have a rough voice; can you translate what he's singing?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a rendition of Howlin' Wolf's

On the Atari XL/XE computers, the Self Test program's Audio-Visual test section played first 6 notes of the Promenade from Pictures at an Exhibition by Russian composer Modest Mussorgsky through each of the computer's sound channels.

That´s cool. Found that music on Wiki: http://tiny.cc/yp3mk

Edited by skr

Still need to identify Preppie! II :?:

Spy's Demise does have multiple tunes, just leave the guy standing still and it'll play them all :)

Another one that has a good tune is Pooyan...

Preppie II has more originality. Preppie I looks like rip-off of the game play and music from other games or musicians. Preppie I would have been better with that savage singing in that bugs bunny video link given earlier.