IGNORED

Pre-Order Page is now up for 7800 Expansion Module

Curt Vendel

I switched backend payment services, the old one was continuously having AMEX payment problems, new service appears to be running all credit card types perfectly.

Curt

System is saying American Express not accepted

Not having any luck with AMEX either. It's complaining about my billing address.

Tried again today and was successful.

I tried to order today but, not having any luck with MASTERCARD either. It's complaining about my billing address as well.

Can you check please!

I'd assume at this point that the insides are finalized. ;) Is there any chance of getting an explanation of how to make use of the things on the expansion module soon for the rest of us?

All in good time. I'll be releasing some demos for developers to get to grips with.

Any Demo's for the Yamaha chip? I'm thinking the intro's and intermissions in Pac-man Collection need some YM2151 goodness. :)

Perry

Any Demo's for the Yamaha chip? I'm thinking the intro's and intermissions in Pac-man Collection need some YM2151 goodness. :)

I'm no musician but I'll do my best.

I was just wondering if you had played around with it. I'm going to start reading through the user manual this week. From what I've seen in the datasheet, I should be able to replicate the sound of the arcade machine fairly accurately. I really just need to know where the chip is mapped on the XM and how to activate it.

I tried to order today but, not having any luck with MASTERCARD either. It's complaining about my billing address as well.

Can you check please!

Despite the three error messages I got concerning my billing address the amount was charged to my credit card.

So I guess I am as well one of the lucky guys :-)

Do I get a confirmation mail as well?

So far I have not got any mail to confirm my purchase.

Can you please check Curt?

Thanks

Frank

I think I saw your attempted purchase, it was from outside of US and the bank didn't have an AVS feature, I've corrected on the Fraud Prevention settings.

Curt

I switched backend payment services, the old one was continuously having AMEX payment problems, new service appears to be running all credit card types perfectly.

Curt

System is saying American Express not accepted

Not having any luck with AMEX either. It's complaining about my billing address.

Tried again today and was successful.

Can you check please!

You're fine, Early payments at $89.99 will go up till November 30th then its $99.99, I've seen almost 140 orders, so there are still more then enough for the first round of orders, I'm doing 300 in total for the first round and will have 200 additional for others who may want to wait a while...

Curt

It's not too late to place an order is it? I might just have the money this week... Do you except paypal?

Status Update:

SUPERB NEWS!

Tooling company is cutting me a break on polishing the sides of the tools to look EXACTLY like the 7800 console case if I bring them the keyboard plastics to do as well, which will look IDENTICAL to the 7800 computer keyboard case (please, no questions on that right now, Expansion Module first, other stuff next...)

So this to me, is such a stupendous success, because the styling of the 7800XM will look EXACTLY to a "T" like as if its 1984 and its as if the XM is being made back then, so maybe I'm making a big deal out of this, but its a huge bonus for the project!

Curt

• Like 11

Status Update:

SUPERB NEWS!

Tooling company is cutting me a break on polishing the sides of the tools to look EXACTLY like the 7800 console case if I bring them the keyboard plastics to do as well, which will look IDENTICAL to the 7800 computer keyboard case (please, no questions on that right now, Expansion Module first, other stuff next...)

So this to me, is such a stupendous success, because the styling of the 7800XM will look EXACTLY to a "T" like as if its 1984 and its as if the XM is being made back then, so maybe I'm making a big deal out of this, but its a huge bonus for the project!

Curt

Can we expect a complete right up in Retro Gaming Curt...and no I will not ask any questions about a keyboard...just make it a good quality one ok :-)

That's good news!

I was certain I did not need this expansion till I saw this part...

"

• 2nd Audio Processor for higher end Arcade sound effects and music

• SIO (Serial I/O) Port for potential future use of Atari 8bit computer peripherals such as Disk Drives, Printers and Modems."

That sounds good, and with the H2 I can retire my CC2 for a while.

There is going to be a technical manual with memory map and coding examples for programmers who want to take advantage of the extra memory, sound and I/O capabilities.

I already posted and released Source Code to a ton of 7800 games, so there is more then enough commented examples on existing 7800 games to help people write their own.

Is there any particular way to program the XM? Do you need a special cartridge or anything like that to program it? I want to learn how to program this thing.

First tooling test sample arrived, its frosted, though I am going to spray a lacquer on it and it will actually make it look see through. This serve's two purposes, to check all of the fittings of the tooling, make several corrections, and prepare for the texturing and polishing.

Second is once its see thru it will be used to final physical alignment checks and component placement checks to the physical plastics...

Making progress! :-)

post-23-128771200005_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

First tooling test sample arrived, its frosted, though I am going to spray a lacquer on it and it will actually make it look see through. This serve's two purposes, to check all of the fittings of the tooling, make several corrections, and prepare for the texturing and polishing.

Second is once its see thru it will be used to final physical alignment checks and component placement checks to the physical plastics...

Making progress! :-)

post-23-128771200005_thumb.jpg

Awesome!! thanks so much for all your work on this. Can't wait to receive mine :D

Edited by DarthCloud