IGNORED

Pre-Order Page is now up for 7800 Expansion Module

Curt Vendel

Donkey Kong Arcade/pokey is rumored as well, but again, no official announcement.

Check out the 7800 hacks forum. :)

Perry

If the Pac-Man and Donkey Kong POKEY versions get made into carts, I'm gonna get them for sure. Though wouldn't it be possible to make an almost exact port of the Arcade versions given the new Yamaha synth chip and the extra RAM?

I was under the impression that OpCode/Eduardo, the colecovision homebrewer, was already working on a full-boat DK 7800 rewrite for the 7800XM with all 4 levels, arcade exact graphics, and sound.

Kind of a bummer if that's not the case.

I thought his was for the ColecoVision and the Super Game Module... http://opcodegames.com/?cat=5

Donkey Kong Arcade/pokey is rumored as well, but again, no official announcement.

Perry

If the Pac-Man and Donkey Kong POKEY versions get made into carts, I'm gonna get them for sure. Though wouldn't it be possible to make an almost exact port of the Arcade versions given the new Yamaha synth chip and the extra RAM?

I was under the impression that OpCode/Eduardo, the colecovision homebrewer, was already working on a full-boat DK 7800 rewrite for the 7800XM with all 4 levels, arcade exact graphics, and sound.

I thought his was for the ColecoVision and the Super Game Module... http://opcodegames.com/?cat=5

and when the XM was announced, he said he was going to be working on it for the 7800.

Perry

That's is a possibility and I have been reading up on how this ym2151 works, but unfortunately, I don't yet have an XM to play around with. I'm not going to promise anything, but I'm more likely to update PMC than DK. I just don't see the point of making arcade perfect sound for DK when it's missing a level. We can only hope that Eduardo will come through for us on that game some day.

Perry

and when the XM was announced, he said he was going to be working on it for the 7800.

Looking at Eduardo's blog, it seems that he is actively working on the ColecoVision version. I havn't seen anything from him on the 7800 other than the implication he made a while back that it could be done. I'm speculating that everything that went down with his ROM's getting sold a few months back might have affected his priorities.

Perry

Looking at Eduardo's blog, it seems that he is actively working on the ColecoVision version. I havn't seen anything from him on the 7800 other than the implication he made a while back that it could be done. I'm speculating that everything that went down with his ROM's getting sold a few months back might have affected his priorities.

That sucks.

But hey - you version of DK Pokey is ACES!!!! it's too bad we don't have proper commented source files to attempt the 4th level addition.

• Like 1

Yes, it will come packaged in a 1984 type Atari product box, I'm trying to make this as close as possible to looking and feeling like an actual Atari made OEM product

Will the XM system complete in box be packed in a shipping box when they are shipped out?

I guess he was asking, when shipped will it be put in another box so the product box don't get damaged by shipping. I hope it will!

I would safely guess that if Curt was going to all this trouble to make a box that looked like it came from Atari's mightier years that he would pack it in something to protect it during shipping.

Heck, I wasn't expecting a box honestly. To me, the custom enclosure and manual is good enough. A box is just icing on the cake in my mind.

Hex.

[ Is ready to just fall over... <zzZZZzzz....> ]

• Like 1

Sorry, I misunderstood, absolutely, what is the point of having a device in a beautiful retail box to have it arrive bumped, scoffed and dented, and to have labels all over it... so yes, they will be placed within a shipping box.

Yes, it will come packaged in a 1984 type Atari product box, I'm trying to make this as close as possible to looking and feeling like an actual Atari made OEM product

Will the XM system complete in box be packed in a shipping box when they are shipped out?

I guess he was asking, when shipped will it be put in another box so the product box don't get damaged by shipping. I hope it will!

• Like 2

I'm a little confused, but will this work on both the PAL and NTSC models?

Yep!

Well, then.. I'll be grabbing myself one too. :D Seeing it's going to have the YM2151, the sound is going to be something that really stands out, now, to another newbie question, will this be stereo or mono? I'm getting myself one of these either way.

Well, then.. I'll be grabbing myself one too. :D Seeing it's going to have the YM2151, the sound is going to be something that really stands out, now, to another newbie question, will this be stereo or mono? I'm getting myself one of these either way.

The 7800 cart connector pinout only has one pin for audio so it'll be mono (for the TV).

The 7800 cart connector pinout only has one pin for audio so it'll be mono (for the TV).

Thanks. Well, congrats to those involved releasing this. I'm only new here, but have been a long time Atari fan, it's really great to see this console get something new, it deserved so much more support back in the day.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I misunderstood, absolutely, what is the point of having a device in a beautiful retail box to have it arrive bumped, scoffed and dented, and to have labels all over it... so yes, they will be placed within a shipping box.

LOL....I feel like a douche now, 'cause (I think) when I ordered mine last week I put in the notes section to if possible please place inside of another box for shipping! I figured it was unnecessary to ask, but I'm funny like that.

Absolutely no reason not to ask, I've many times received prodcts shipped just in the retail shelf box and not put inside a shipping box, so it happens.

LOL....I feel like a douche now, 'cause (I think) when I ordered mine last week I put in the notes section to if possible please place inside of another box for shipping! I figured it was unnecessary to ask, but I'm funny like that.