IGNORED

Atari 5200 controller port repair

killercarl145

I have a four port 5200 the first porthas a broken pin so the controller wont work unless a put a ghetto ridge pin in there I was wondering if possible to switch the whole port out of a broken one or somehow get a pin to stay in there

my controller port one is missing pins i found that square "header" pins fit in there pretty good

there is an ebay seller that sells a replacement jack but i'm to cheap and just not up to changing it out

I have a four port 5200 the first porthas a broken pin so the controller wont work unless a put a ghetto ridge pin in there I was wondering if possible to switch the whole port out of a broken one or somehow get a pin to stay in there

One other possibility is to map one of the other ports as the first port by putting jumpers since most of the signals will already be there.

so make one of the port s player 1 port

Yeah, unless you use all four ports (have four players in your home). I usually have two players at most and that's usually Joust. And some games use two ports or the second port like Wizard of Wor so best to map port 4 or 3 to port 1. Now that I think about it, you could leave the trigger #3 and POT6 and POT7 in there and overload it with POT0 and POT1 and trigger #0 and both ports would work (with one joystick).

You still have to take care of the keypad selection from GTIA CONSOL pins.