IGNORED

High Score Club 8.07 - Room of Doom

Ze_ro

19,725! Room 16.

At this stage, the shots are so fast that the only way to get the gunmen is to fire in diagonally. The problem is that you don't know when it's going to open up, so camping out is almost impossible because the monsters really barrel down on you quickly.

I'm not going for score, or else I'd just camp out on each level and hunt monsters until the timer expires. I'm going for the "good game" message. :)

post-9712-128542726934_thumb.png

GOOD GAME! I have no idea what my score was...I know it wasn't extremely high as I was just trying to complete the game.

This was the epitome of "photo finish." The monster was barreling down on me and there was one gunman left in the top center chamber. I fired off a last ditch, desperation shot. Miraculously, the door opened and my shot sneaked through and the game stopped just as the monster was about to touch me. It couldn't have been any closer.

post-9712-128563013443_thumb.png

For statistics, I played ROOM OF DOOM again, using the variation called FASTEST COMPLETION.

I completed 16 levels in 17 minutes and 12 seconds using default settings (Game 1 - Difficulty BB).

HOW IT WORKS? I ACTIVED my stopwatch when I hit RESET GAME button, and I stopped it after completing ROOM 16.

Edited by oyamafamily

SPELL CHECKED AND READY TO GO. ;)

Room of Doom,

Tips,

1. Always shoot down the floating monsters... they are worth points and also it helps get them out of your way, before they close in on you.

2. In early rounds before (room 10) you can stay pretty close to the wall and shoot straight ahead at your targets, make sure you are lined up properly just BELOW or level to the gunmen... so that your bullets go through the opening... this will hit the gunmen and sometimes, before he can even get a shot out at you!

3. The sparklers in the room are tricky you don't wanna hit them, so more often stand in between them and not above or below them, you can arrange your firing angles more easily this way.

4. In later stages, (room 10 and up) the speed of the gunmen's fire goes up considerably, so a good strategy is to stay against the wall (yes you can touch the walls) and wait for a door to open, and when it does, make sure you are situated on an angle... and fire away (after) the gunmen has shot his bullet! you probably may have to adjust your position slightly.

5. Sneak attacks near the wall, work best when the game is too fast to move from the gunmen's bullets. This starts to accor around room 10, or when you hit about 10ks, so be prepared to change techniques around that time.

-To do these sneak attacks, you should stand on the RIGHT side of where the door is opening. If you are at the left, by the time you have the door open, you wont be able to get the range you need, so always be to the right of where the door opening, then SHOOT quickly!